Goodbye Jesus

How Are You Spending New Year's?

Idontevenknow99

I have never understood the hoopla surrounding NYD. A day has passed. Whoopie.

I think celebrations should be reserved for accomplishments. Birthdays, NYD, and in fact most holidays are pointless, IMHO. 

Wow. A lot of folks alone. Sorry to hear that, but it's understandable.

I know for some people being alone is hard, especially on a night where millions are celebrating. For those people, I hope for other, better options.

But some of us choose solitude. I'll thoroughly enjoy myself -- and enjoy listinging to all those other people setting off fireworks, banging pans together, and shooting guns (in a safe direction, please!).

I have had may years of wonderful New Years Eve celebrations. I don't mind being by myself tonight. I'm going to watch the movie the Professor posted last night. One last binge on junk food tonight and then my goal is to get the weight off that I gained in the last year.

I want all the drunk ones to come and post tonight and give me a laugh? I'll be watching the board......68.gif

Stay safe everyone!!

Sitting in my bedroom listening to music, I hope. Unless my dad wants to drag me out and lecture me about being social and ask why I don't want to spend time with the family.

Wow. A lot of folks alone. Sorry to hear that, but it's understandable.

I know for some people being alone is hard, especially on a night where millions are celebrating. For those people, I hope for other, better options.

But some of us choose solitude. I'll thoroughly enjoy myself -- and enjoy listinging to all those other people setting off fireworks, banging pans together, and shooting guns (in a safe direction, please!).

Yeah, Christian or non-Christian, I would be celebrating New Year's Eve alone anyway. Lol I'm a quiet introverted person and I have a tendency to be shy so I don't go out much or have a large group of people to hang out with. I'm okay with it. 

But the last part about the guns going off--ugh. I can do without that! 

Alone

Well I gotta tell ya,,,I was getting just a little jealous of duderonomy but it's starting to look like he was just leading you on,,,OR,,,are you playing hard to get??

I'll be spending this one alone.

Drinking in my lonely room.

Dreaming of Margee *sigh*.

a small intimate gathering in my art studio, painting, listening to music with me, myself and I.

All the best to everyone this coming New Year !

The gunfire started six minutes before midnight (not including earlier practice rounds). One person started, then everyone joined in. It sounds like I'm in the middle of Damascus. (I'm not exaggerating.) I'm laying low.

• Super Moderator

There are two kinds of drivers on the road tonight: drunks and cops.  Make sure you don't get into a car with either one of them.

• Like 3

We're there!!! yellow.gif  2014!!

Happy New years everyone from Nova Scotia!!  Hugs for everyone!!! clap.gif PageofCupsBounce99.gif GONZ9729CustomImage1687979.gif

I'll be spending this news years eve thinking of and talking to my best friend in the whole world.

Happy news years. Margee!!!

I'll be spending this news years eve thinking of and talking to my best friend in the whole world.

Happy news years. Margee!!!

Happy New Year Overcame!!!!! Much love to you my dear, dear friend!!  You have helped me sooo much in the last 3 years!!

Huge *hug*

Update since you are all dying to know:  I am drunk as a lord and ignoring my equally drunk houseguests to give you this update (you are welcome). Except the college kids my niece brought who are upstairs (I'm glad I hid my prescriptions) and I think they have bee sneaking out to smoke marijuana.  But they are discreet so I haven't noticed but my wife thought she smelled it.  It wasn't me, either.  And the high school kids daughters included are downstairs doing Wii and playing pool and I have noticed no unexplained beer loss from downstairs fridge.  But I am sure to pass out before most of these folks so I'll probably miss the best part, and not just because I'm old.  So now you are updated. I'll tell more if I'm able, but don't hold your breath.

Happy new year, ya'll. Keep warm, and be safe. May this year be your best yet.

I'm getting drunker as the minutes flash by. I still have 16 minutes until midnight according to my atomic clock.

Gone through a fifth of Bacardi 151, am quite loaded and playing Bioshock Infinite. If I must listen to explosions, they might as well be my of my own making. Best New Year evar...

Hey Margee, how do you like your eggs?   just wondering

One more time, exliar, and I'll find my way to Texas.

There are two kinds of drivers on the road tonight: drunks and cops.  Make sure you don't get into a car with either one of them.

and most likely, some will be together before long.

I acquired a crockpot full of homemade eggnog this afternoon.  Am making reasonable progress emptying said crockpot, but it's hard going:  The recipe calls for half a dozen eggs, 2 cups of heavy cream, and 1 cup of brandy -- Upwards of 2500 calories, or tomorrow's breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus Friday's breakfast as well.  eek.gif

Pity they haven't figured out a way to transmit the actual drinks over the Internet, because I could use a hand here.  (The friend who gave Me this sumptuous liquid feast is no help -- She's safely at home with a bottle of apple cider.)

I eat 21 -28 eggs a week. Wendytwitch.gif  Medium boiled. 5 1/2 minutes exactly.

With tons of real butter.

Well I was just wondering duder, you know, in case it didn't work out for you two,,,,chuckle chuckle, rolling my eyes

I eat 21 -28 eggs a week. Wendytwitch.gif  Medium boiled. 5 1/2 minutes exactly.

With tons of real butter.

Nom!

No need to be coy, roy, just get yourself free.

I think that was from a Paul Simon song.

When I next pass by that part of the globe (Texas), I shall look down upon it and glare.

(That was for exliar. My quote thingie isn't working here. Don't know why. But still...)