Goodbye Jesus

How Are You Spending New Year's?

Idontevenknow99

Happy New Year! Don't forget to hydrate!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Typical me: the quiet guy in the corner who never really gets involved in the party.

• Like 1

Dammit, I played for a church. And normally for a short sunday service you'd normally get at least $100 from even the smallest of churches.

But this one had me there from 9pm until 1am, plus the three hours of travel, and these cheapskates not only made me wait outside their stupid office for 2-3 minutes while they filled their stupid envelope with their measly offering, but their measly offering was only $50.

Shit, I spent near enough that amount on travel, plus I don't work well after late nights (I don't sleep in well and by the time I have rested enough it's 4pm), so today will be less productive.

Will I be going there today, not unless their call says something like, "treasury left with your money so we gave you our gas money and walked home" :(

• Like 1

Dammit, I played for a church. And normally for a short sunday service you'd normally get at least $100 from even the smallest of churches.

But this one had me there from 9pm until 1am, plus the three hours of travel, and these cheapskates not only made me wait outside their stupid office for 2-3 minutes while they filled their stupid envelope with their measly offering, but their measly offering was only $50.

Shit, I spent near enough that amount on travel, plus I don't work well after late nights (I don't sleep in well and by the time I have rested enough it's 4pm), so today will be less productive.

Will I be going there today, not unless their call says something like, "treasury left with your money so we gave you our gas money and walked home" sad.png

Thats what I have learnt from doing business with Church and Christian organizations...not doing it again.

Once a christian charity organization wanted me to create a booklet for them. I made a proper offer and they agreed with it. So they sent me the text and it was all formatted word text...even though I told them to just send me an rtf without any formatting. Just that was already a hell lot of work to undo the damage...then I had only done some color stuff to see what I wanted to do and they already wanted something they could look at. So I sent them what I had done so far, but told them that in no way it was anywhere close to what I intended to do (I know that never works...lesson learnt too...). They immediately wrote me back that they had found someone who would do it for free...and did not want me to continue. So I sent them a bill for the work I already put in. They only payed half of it because they did not believe I really worked those hours. And I did not even put all the hours on the bill...yep. Also they shamed me and where like: You do not punish us with this but the children we work for.

YEAH...think about that stuff BEFORE you agree to contract with a designer...stupid assholes. That was my last time I worked for Christians.

Will I be going there today, not unless their call says something like, "treasury left with your money so we gave you our gas money and walked home" sad.png

That's just insulting falemon!! I would be setting a big price if you do it again next year. Totally insulting!! You are much more worth that. Speak up next year darlin'!!!woohoo.gif

Happy New year by the way!! biggrin.png