Goodbye Jesus

Ode To Spot

Asimov

Felis Cattus, is your taxonomic nomenclature,

an endothermic quadruped carnivorous by nature?

Your visual, olfactory and auditory senses

contribute to your hunting skills, and natural defenses.

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,

a singular development of cat communications

that obviates your basic hedonistic predilection

for a rhythmic stroking of your fur, to demonstrate affection.

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;

you would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.

And when not being utilized to aide in locomotion,

it often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

O Spot, the complex levels of behaviour you display

connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.

And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,

I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

Data

Awl.... did your kitty die?

ROFL! I thought I recognized it. I was like, "Spot, Data? Maybe Asimov's just a dork."

ROFL! I thought I recognized it. I was like, "Spot, Data? Maybe Asimov's just a dork."

DUH!!!! :loser:

:lmao:

Ah, yes, the Ode to Spot. I always liked Data on ST: TNG. He was one of my favorite characters.

Ah, yes, the Ode to Spot. I always liked Data on ST: TNG. He was one of my favorite characters.

Hehe, what about the episode where Q becomes human? At the end of the episode, he gives a 'gift' to Data, who suddenly bursts out laughing for no apparent reason. For a character so limited by being an emotionless android, he sure was a colourful character.

Heh, odd that you mentioned that ep. Q was my second favorite character next to Data.

Me three!!! Data was my favorite. But the Capt was my second favorite, and then Guinan... Guinan was just cool. There's just something about sexy-voiced Shakespearian actors, I guess. ;)

I like Spike. But he wasn't on Star Trek. :shrug:

Go away, this is about Star Trek, I'll not have you clouding the discussion with your fetish. :nono:

:HaHa:

I like Data too.. That is why I have a hard time watching Nemesis.

Maybe they will pull another Search for Spock?

Well, they had the other android, so anything is possible. But I heard Brent Spiner really didn't want to reprise the role. I also hate to say it, but Star Trek as a franchise is dying. I doubt there will be more movies to come, although rumor has it there is one in progress.

Well, they had the other android, so anything is possible. But I heard Brent Spiner really didn't want to reprise the role. I also hate to say it, but Star Trek as a franchise is dying. I doubt there will be more movies to come, although rumor has it there is one in progress.

I'm afraid to say I agree....I love Star Trek, and I don't want the franchise to die like it did, but when you've been goin on for 35 years it has to end sometime. Unless this movie just blows everyone away and rejuvinates Star Trek this will have to be the last film (if the rumours are true).

I'm afraid to say I agree....I love Star Trek, and I don't want the franchise to die like it did, but when you've been goin on for 35 years it has to end sometime. Unless this movie just blows everyone away and rejuvinates Star Trek this will have to be the last film (if the rumours are true).

Yeah. I'm sure there will be another great SF series sometime, but it won't be the same.

Haha at first I thought you had written an ode to an animated cartoon I used to watch when I was something like 5 years old! :lmao:

Interesting poetry, it fits Data's style really nice. :Hmm: