Goodbye Jesus

How Exchristian.net Helped Me - How About You?

Overcame Faith

WELCOME Lucynia!

I lurked for quite some time before I started posting. It's just good to know you are NOT alone. I really benefited reading the experiences of others in cultic churches as the one

I escaped. It validated what I had gone through...that is wasn't nuts! LOL Good to know.

anyhow, a warm welcome and glad to have you. All the best with what you are going through. I'm glad your husband at least is understanding as many people have

spouses who would be difficult to deal w/ in terms of questioning christianity.

Take Care and hope to see you around more.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I'm glad my husband is supportive, and even open to my positions. It makes church more enjoyable when we can giggle at the absurdities together!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here, and providing support for others.

I like this site because it recognizes the options are not limited to Christianity or atheism. Ex Christian simple means what it says. I was a Christian at one time but now I'm not. That choice does not mandate militant atheism as the only other option.

• Like 3

^I agree!  Too many xians harp on their "fact" that people who have rejected god/jesus are ANGRY and want to BAN RELIGION and KILL BABIES (or whatever).  I guess it's another scare tactic of theirs to keep their sheeple in line.  It's nice reading posts from real people who are (or at least seem to be! -- tee hee!) nice and intelligent and thoughtful and just want to live their lives.

Love your point, Geezer! I know I made a few stops along my way out if religion to seriously explore the claims of other faiths.

Looks like being a godless heathen stuck.

^_^

I came here when my faith was dying and I was not the most civil person either. The basis is I am thankful for this forum for making me think and having a place to vent. I want to believe but I want to believe in santa claus also.  It is also nice to see people with intelligence who can use logic

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I still thought of myself as a Christian when I first came to this site, even though I had stopped going to church, praying, or reading the bible. When I found  this site I began reading and after 5 minutes I felt my last remaining connections to Christianity crumble, and then I cried myself to sleep.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This site has helped me stay strong, when I've wavered recently, and in the past. Logically, I've known for some time that Christianity is a farce, but we live in a culture that pushes religion, and is predominantly Christian, so it can be easy to float back into old ways, old customs, and miss the socializing within the Christian groups we once had. I'm grateful that there are other people here that I can relate to, and even though I take breaks now and again, I always return knowing that it's a safe place to vent and be real with everyone. Thanks for all who make this site special. smile.png

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.