Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Dispatch

ironhorse

"Why is the thought of you being equal in worth to a sparrow troubling to you?"

~moanareina

"Do you think the lives of mushrooms are worth less than humans?"

~TheReckneckProffessor

"Actually, when one considers the immense damage humans have done to nature, mushrooms are considerably more valuable than humans."

~ bill

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

~Matthew 10:20-31

"Yet not one of them falls..." was the reason I added the two references of Lewis and Weatherhead. I believe God takes care of the animals.

My thoughts on what is most valuable?

Lets say lived in an apartment and in the apartment opposite me lived an elderly man I did not know.

I come home and find both dwellings on fire.

Inside my apartment is my pet dog and in the other the elderly man.

Who would I go to try to rescue first?

the man

It's all bullshit. Sparrows die all the time. God must be incompetent if God is always trying to care for sparrows that constantly die. And Christians constantly die as well. Christians die of old age, accidents, disease and illness at the same rate as everybody else so it is a fact that this Bible verse is wrong.

It is designed for fooling Christians into believing that their imaginary friend is watching over them when nothing happened.

And the god that supposedly cares so much for those sparrows commands his followers to kill them to appease him.

• Like 1

~moanareina

~TheReckneckProffessor

"Actually, when one considers the immense damage humans have done to nature, mushrooms are considerably more valuable than humans."

~ bill

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

"Yet not one of them falls..." was the reason I added the two references of Lewis and Weatherhead. I believe God takes care of the animals.

Lets say lived in an apartment and in the apartment opposite me lived an elderly man I did not know.

the man

From that comment I must assume you don't have a dog...

• Like 2

~moanareina

~TheReckneckProffessor

~ bill

the man

True. Call me a horrible person if you want, but in case of fire, I would first try to save my family living with me and that includes my pets.

• Like 1

True. Call me a horrible person if you want, but in case of fire, I would first try to save my family living with me and that includes my pets.

You are a perfectly normal person.  You are under no obligation to save anybody.  If you choose to recklessly risk your life then you alone decide what is worth the risk.  It is your life.  Nobody else has a say.

~moanareina

~TheReckneckProffessor

~ bill

the man

Ironhorse,

Before you play the hero, you should play the honest, promise-keeping man.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/64259-ironhorse-not-answered-your-questions-put-them-here-for-all-to-see/#.U_NtFsVdX38

• Super Moderator

(snip)

I believe God takes care of the animals.

the man

Why wouldn't you just pray and ask god to save them both?

Is it because somewhere deep down inside of you, you know that god isn't real and that prayer doesn't work?

• Like 3

"That there is much suffering in the world no one disputes. Some have attempted to explain this in reference to man by imagining that it serves for his moral improvement. But the number of men in the world is nothing compared with that of all other sentient beings, and these often suffer greatly without any moral improvement. A being so powerful and so full of knowledge as a God who could create this universe, is to our finite minds omnipotent and omniscient, and it revolts our understanding to suppose that his benevolence is not unbounded, for what advantage can there be in the suffering of millions of the lower animals  throughout endless time? This very old argument from the existence of suffering against the existence of an intelligent First Cause seems to be a strong one; whereas...the presence of much suffering agrees well with the view that all organic beings have been developed through variation and natural selection." - Charles Darwin.

Over 98% of all documented species are now extinct. If there were a god all the evidence would point to indifference towards the suffering of billions of animals, not to mention all of the ancestors and co-inhabitants of homo sapiens who lived and died for hundreds of thousands of years. Which leads to an interesting question...do Neanderthals go to heaven?

• Like 1

~moanareina

~TheReckneckProffessor

~ bill

the man

I don't have any pets because I am horrible with pets. But from those I know who have I also know they love their pets like crazy. And they certainly care more about them than about an old stranger...

Ironhorse: You are discarding some pearls of wisdom you have been plied with with little or no consideration. This is typical of brainwashed Xtians. The RNP asked to to look around you and think about what you see and hear without a parrot-like repetition of the bible or some (like CS Lewis) apologist giving his own take on Xtianty. In other words look at reality for yourself without copying what you have been told  

Use your own thinking based upon your own observation of the world. What this would do is allow you see reality without the Xtian colored glasses. Can you do that? Are you afraid  to do that? Do you think god will throw you in the pit of fire if you do that? You don't have to abandon your faith to see the world as you would if you weren't a Xtian-just for the purpose of this experiment. What does the world look like to you without Xtiaity being presumed? Does it look like a world a loving all powerful god would oversee? I'm incapable of making this any clearer.All of us here (I think) have already seen the world through Xtian glasses. Have you seen them as an adult without them? bill

• Like 1

~moanareina

~TheReckneckProffessor

~ bill

the man

I do have a pet dog. In fact I have worked with farm animals most of my life.

I have been present and help in the birth of a calf, a goat, piglets and foals.

I have cared for animals in sickness by giving shots and medicine.

I have also had to put some down when they were  sick or injured beyond help.

I have also slaughtered them for food.

Because of these experiences I have a great respect and love of animals.

My story about the fire was to answer the question of equal value.

no, human beings and animals are not of equal value.

My view does not diminish the importance of animals or their contributions to life.

Also, you dismiss reading books written years ago. You seem to believe that one can make 

valid conclusions simply based on what one thinks.

I don't know a lot of things and books have helped me in learning more.

This helps me in reaching conclusions on a variety of things in life.

~moanareina

~TheReckneckProffessor

~ bill

the man

My view does not diminish the importance of animals or their contributions to life.

Also, you dismiss reading books written years ago. You seem to believe that one can make 

Damn right I do.  It's called rational thinking.  Really, you should try it some time.

YES I DO. You don't? See, thats what I mean by you choosing to be stupid...

And sorry to disappoint you but you came up with a very wrong conclusion about me. I do value books and I value books even if they have been written years ago by authors who do not live anymore. What I do dismiss is you quoting books instead of writing things out in your own words. Because this is a conversation I and the others are having with YOU and not with any author. The fun thing about books is, they feed your brain with ideas. The fun thing about the brain is, that it can evaluate those ideas and proof the concepts and see if they are still accurate or not and then draw its very own conclusions. But if you just quote something someone else has written down years ago it ceases to be a conversation with you. But I am not sure if you get that since the point has been made before and you still answer in quotes...whatever.

And I guess you are the first one who thinks that way about pets. The people I know at work schedule their working hours the way the dog has not to be home alone for more than two hours...the dog is the first thing they care when getting up...Oh wait, yes my mom didn't care about her dog like this...but my mom has a narcissist personality so...

And I was not even talking about pets in the first place. I was talking about animals in general.

You have not even answered my question though. What is the trouble you have with thinking animals are equal in worth to humans? Do you think such thinking is diminishing humans in their value? If so why?

YES I DO. You don't? See, thats what I mean by you choosing to be stupid...

And sorry to disappoint you but you came up with a very wrong conclusion about me. I do value books and I value books even if they have been written years ago by authors who do not live anymore. What I do dismiss is you quoting books instead of writing things out in your own thoughts. Because this is a conversation I and the others are having with YOU and not with any author. The fun thing about books is, they feed your brain with ideas. The fun thing about the brain is, that it can evaluate those ideas and proof the concepts and see if they are still accurate or not and then draw its very own conclusions. But if you just quote something someone else has written down years ago it ceases to be a conversation with you. But I am not sure if you get that since the point has been made before and you still answer in quotes...whatever.

And I guess you are the first one who thinks that way about pets. The people I know at work schedule their working hours the way the dog has not to be home alone for more than two hours...the dog is the first thing they care when getting up...Oh wait, yes my mom didn't care about her dog like this...but my mom has a narcissist personality so...

And I was not even talking about pets in the first place. I was talking about animals in general.

You have not even answered my question though. What is the trouble you have with thinking animals are equal in worth to humans? Do you think such thinking is diminishing humans in their value? If so why?

"You know Ironhorse...I really don't care what CS Lewis's views are nor any other person who lived in the twentieth century."

I guess I misunderstood. Apologize if I did.

A lot of people have lived before me and a lot of good books have been written.

I will never reach a point where I tear up my library card.

You accuse me my replies are mainly quotes and my replies are their ideas.

I'm accused of being brainwashed.

The reply I just posted were all based on my life experiences.

I do think for myself.

What is the trouble you have with thinking animals are equal in worth to humans? Do you think such thinking is diminishing humans in their value? If so why?

-A human life is far more important than a bird because they exist at a different level.

Example: A dog never thinks about his death. Dogs do not even think in terms of human speech

or reasoning.

note: My post is not finished but I have to go for awhile. Be back later I hope.

• Like 1

"You know Ironhorse...I really don't care what CS Lewis's views are nor any other person who lived in the twentieth century. I am interested in YOUR own views..." Context is everything...

And finally man. It really feels more like talking with an actual human instead of a quoting machine. I never said there have not been people who have written good books and you can keep your library card as well. If I start my university program next year, I will be reading plenty of books to get my bachelor in German literature-history/linguistics, philosophy and journalism. So don't assume me not to like books just because I don't talk in quotes. Actually I might write one some time myself.

So why does it make an animal not living on the same level if they have a different way to think as we do? How do you know a dog never thinks about his death?

Do animals who appear to be more intelligent and have a more sophisticated way to communicate have more value than those who seem to be stupid, not thinking too much about their actions?

For example is a rat worth more than a chicken?

Sunday Dispatch.676

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

~ Luke 12:6-7

Of course, the sparrow has a different perspective on this, as would any species faced with a "Might Makes Right" claim from another species.

~moanareina

~TheReckneckProffessor

~ bill

the man

I dismiss obviously biased books irrespective of when it was written.

Socrates (old enough I think) said:

“I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think”

and

“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”

and

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 

and

“To find yourself, think for yourself.”

Sunday Dispatch.677

I don't wanna love the way I loved before
I don't want to love that way no more
What have I been writing love songs for?
I don't wanna write them anymore
I don't wanna sing from where I sang before
I don't wanna sing that way no more
What have I been singing love songs for?
I don't wanna sing them anymore
I don't wanna be that girl no more
I don't wanna cry no more
I don't wanna die no more
So, cut me down from this here tree
Cut the ropes from off of me
Sit me on the floor
"I AM"; the only one I should adore

Oh, take me to church
I've done so many bad things it hurts
Yeah, take me to church
But not the ones that hurt
'Cause that ain't the truth
And that's not what it's for
Yeah, take me to church
Oh, take me to church
Yeah, get me to church

I'm gonna sing. Songs of loving and forgiving
Songs of eating and of drinking
Songs of living. Songs of calling in the night
The songs of light, a bolt of light
And, love's the only love you should advise
Songs of long and spiteful fails
Songs that won't let you sit still
Songs that'll mend your broken bones
And don't leave you alone
So get me down from this here tree
Take the rope from off of me
Sit me on the floor

Oh, take me to church
Yeah, take me to church
Yeah, take me to church.
Oh, take me to church
Yeah, get me to church

~Sinead O'Connor

Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!"
~John 8:59

• Like 1

Sunday Dispatch.677

I don't wanna love the way I loved before

I don't want to love that way no more

What have I been writing love songs for?

I don't wanna write them anymore

I don't wanna sing from where I sang before

I don't wanna sing that way no more

What have I been singing love songs for?

I don't wanna sing them anymore

I don't wanna be that girl no more

I don't wanna cry no more

I don't wanna die no more

So, cut me down from this here tree

Cut the ropes from off of me

Sit me on the floor

Oh, take me to church

Yeah, take me to church

Yeah, take me to church

Oh, take me to church

Yeah, get me to church

I'm gonna sing. Songs of loving and forgiving

Songs of eating and of drinking

Songs of living. Songs of calling in the night

The songs of light, a bolt of light

And, love's the only love you should advise

Songs of long and spiteful fails

Songs that won't let you sit still

Songs that'll mend your broken bones

And don't leave you alone

So get me down from this here tree

Take the rope from off of me

Sit me on the floor

Oh, take me to church

Yeah, take me to church

Yeah, take me to church.

Oh, take me to church

Yeah, get me to church

~Sinead O'Connor

Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!"

~John 8:59

[/url]

"I used to get upset by people not understanding me, but I've made a career out of it now."

~Ozzy Osbourne, I Am Ozzy~

• Like 1

That is pretty much what I expected Ozzy to sound like without all the processing he's been using for the past 40 years...

This is what Britney Spears' mic sounds like live.  She lip syncs to playback, but has a working mic for talking to the audience and also communication with the crew...

"You know Ironhorse...I really don't care what CS Lewis's views are nor any other person who lived in the twentieth century. I am interested in YOUR own views..." Context is everything...

And finally man. It really feels more like talking with an actual human instead of a quoting machine. I never said there have not been people who have written good books and you can keep your library card as well. If I start my university program next year, I will be reading plenty of books to get my bachelor in German literature-history/linguistics, philosophy and journalism. So don't assume me not to like books just because I don't talk in quotes. Actually I might write one some time myself.

So why does it make an animal not living on the same level if they have a different way to think as we do? How do you know a dog never thinks about his death?

Do animals who appear to be more intelligent and have a more sophisticated way to communicate have more value than those who seem to be stupid, not thinking too much about their actions?

See...no answer to my questions!

How it goes...

Only seeking attention for yourself.

Viva Sunday Dispatch! A tool to self promote through quotes, poems and lyrics...A monologue with yourself.

• Like 1

How it goes...

Viva Sunday Dispatch! A tool to self promote through quotes, poems and lyrics...A monologue with yourself.

My answer: Animals are not building cities and taking down notes.

And I would favor Southern fried chicken to a rat.

The rat is worth less to me.

• Like 1

How it goes...

My answer: Animals are not building cities and taking down notes.

And I would favor Southern fried chicken to a rat.

The rat is worth less to me.

So your measurement of the worth of a being is that they can build a city? Wow. How about living in line with nature? Would that not be the more valuable stand?

And what about ants or bees? Are they not living in huge cities they built themselves? And foxes or rabbits, don't they build the craziest dens for themselves?

Also you just contradicted yourself with the rat and chicken statement. A rat is a highly intelligent animal compared to the chicken. So to your previous statement about intelligence a rat must be worth more than a chicken.

Also if you ever had to take any medication you should be thankful for the rats...

• Like 1

Humans are animals too, remember.  I know it is common parlance to refer to animals as "anything alive that is not plant or human", but it is not accurate.  

I think this way of thinking is highly responsible for pollution and environmental pillaging, as if we are above the natural world.

Humans are animals too, remember.  I know it is common parlance to refer to animals as "anything alive that is not plant or human", but it is not accurate.  

I think this way of thinking is highly responsible for pollution and environmental pillaging, as if we are above the natural world.

Marty,

I seriously doubt if Ironhorse would agree with you that humans are animals.

The book of Genesis is probably what informs him about the comparative worth of humans and animals.  Since it says that God gave us dominion over all the animals, that makes them inferior to us. 

But hey!  Why don't you ask him out straight?

Does he accept that we are evolved animals or does he think that humans are God's special creations?

The worst that could happen is that he refuses to answer... which is par for the course these days.  (Sorry par4!)

Thanks,

BAA

Well, that wouldn't be the first thing IH and I disagree on.  lol

I had this conversation with a christian once, and I asked him if humans are not animals, why do we have blood in our veins just like animals?  Why do we shit and piss just like animals?  Why do we reproduce by sexual means just like animals?  Why do we need to eat food just like animals?  Why do we have DNA just like animals?  Why do we have quadrapedal body plans just like animals?  Why do we sleep just like animals?  Why do we fight and kill just like animals?

He had no answer other than "the bible".  It's the christian cop out.