Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Dispatch

ironhorse

• Super Moderator

Well, that wouldn't be the first thing IH and I disagree on.  lol

I had this conversation with a christian once, and I asked him if humans are not animals, why do we have blood in our veins just like animals?  Why do we shit and piss just like animals?  Why do we reproduce by sexual means just like animals?  Why do we need to eat food just like animals?  Why do we have DNA just like animals?  Why do we have quadrapedal body plans just like animals?  Why do we sleep just like animals?  Why do we fight and kill just like animals?

He had no answer other than "the bible".  It's the christian cop out.

Not to mention there is ample evidence in the fossil record that links us back to the earliest hominid species.

Well, that wouldn't be the first thing IH and I disagree on.  lol

I had this conversation with a christian once, and I asked him if humans are not animals, why do we have blood in our veins just like animals?  Why do we shit and piss just like animals?  Why do we reproduce by sexual means just like animals?  Why do we need to eat food just like animals?  Why do we have DNA just like animals?  Why do we have quadrapedal body plans just like animals?  Why do we sleep just like animals?  Why do we fight and kill just like animals?

He had no answer other than "the bible".  It's the christian cop out.

It's the Christian denial.

But politely dressed up as, "You and I will just have to agree to disagree."

IH Nobody disputes that rats, for example, are not as "smart" as humans, at least according to the manner in which humans rate intelligence. But monkeys are smarter than bacteria, but the latter are much more important than monkeys to our survival and probably more important to nature as a whole. The relative value of humans to other animals is merely in  your perception. bill

• Like 1

I will reply with a story:

I once had a student. Her name was Courtney. She was from New Jersey. After a bitter divorce, she had to move south with her mom. In my first meeting with the mother, she told me Courtney was still upset about the divorce. Divorce is specially hard on teenagers.

Courtney was a skinny girl with extra long black hair. Her clothes were simple: usually wore a well worn dress or tattered jeans (tattered by life, not by Old Navy) . She told me she loved to read, dance. music and art. My first impression as a teacher was that she was very intelligent. She was a bright kid. I liked her.

The weeks passed and one day a student told me that other students were taunting her and calling here names. This abuse was happening in the halls, restrooms and during lunch.

The next day in my class. I had her last period. I was planning on talking to her after class. The tardy bell rang and she was not there. 

She came in a few minutes later and all of us could she she was upset and crying. she was going to her desk when a few students started to laugh. She ran out of the room. She was out of school for six weeks.

This day before she returned I told every class this story:

"See the sidewalk across the street? Imagine a man came walking along carrying a stick. 

A puppy dog came up to him and the man started beating the dog with the stick? what would you think 

or do?"

In every class they erupted in anger and disgust. Saying that is cruel and evil. Some said they would go and

rescue the dog. Some said they would take the stick and use it on the man. 

And then I reminded them of Courtney. They all were aware of how she had been taunted and bulled.

I agree with you that for a person to beat a dog is cruel and evil but why do we as humans so often see other

humans being mistreated and we do not get upset? We do not try to be a friend? We do not try to help?

• Like 1

I once had a student. Her name was Courtney. She was from New Jersey. After a bitter divorce, she had to move south with her mom. In my first meeting with the mother, she told me Courtney was still upset about the divorce. Divorce is specially hard on teenagers.

Courtney was a skinny girl with extra long black hair. Her clothes were simple: usually wore a well worn dress or tattered jeans (tattered by life, not by Old Navy) . She told me she loved to read, dance. music and art. My first impression as a teacher was that she was very intelligent. She was a bright kid. I liked her.

The weeks passed and one day a student told me that other students were taunting her and calling here names. This abuse was happening in the halls, restrooms and during lunch.

The next day in my class. I had her last period. I was planning on talking to her after class. The tardy bell rang and she was not there. 

She came in a few minutes later and all of us could she she was upset and crying. she was going to her desk when a few students started to laugh. She ran out of the room. She was out of school for six weeks.

"See the sidewalk across the street? Imagine a man came walking along carrying a stick. 

A puppy dog came up to him and the man started beating the dog with the stick? what would you think 

or do?"

In every class they erupted in anger and disgust. Saying that is cruel and evil. Some said they would go and

And then I reminded them of Courtney. They all were aware of how she had been taunted and bulled.

I agree with you that for a person to beat a dog is cruel and evil but why do we as humans so often see other

humans being mistreated and we do not get upset? We do not try to be a friend? We do not try to help?

That is it.  Your heartwarming story has helped me see the light!  You've done it.

I want to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior again!!!

Oh thank you so much for spamming us with your preaching!

• Like 1

looking at ironhorse at this forum, i found that i was a better, truthful and human christian then compared to to ironhorse now, and i think i am generally a better person in many ways without having jesus, god or bible governing my behaviors/actions

this is a thank you note to ironhorse to let many here see how christians can be,,,,

thank god for ironhorse

• Like 2

or do?"

You're telling us a story in which you told someone a story. Post deconversion I just really don't care for parables anymore.

"but why do we as humans so often see other humans being mistreated and we do not get upset. We do not try to be a friend? We do not try to help?"

That's you. Not me. Mistreatment, irrespective of what form of life is being mistreated, pisses me off and I try and do something about it.

edit Spelling

or do?"

Ironhorse,

Please supply the name, address and contact details of all the people involved in your story. As skeptics we cannot accept what you write by faith - we need to verify the details with concrete evidence.

Thanks,

BAA

I don't know how you guys put up with this level of stupid...

If I spend any more time in this thread, I might just reach through his monitor and pull his face into the fucking internet!

Does  IH really not know the horror of the Holocaust?   bill

Sunday Dispatch.678

“The Lord is first, my family and friends are second, and I am third."

~Gale Sayers

• Like 1

Ah yes, the old "J.O.Y. jesus first, yourself last and others in between" BULLSHIT that I was raised on.  Way to kill a child's self esteem and breed codependency, enmeshment and a tendency to burnout that pervades the xian church.  Well, mainly the women really.

• Like 4

Christian:  jesus is real, put him first!

Ex-C:  ...

Christian:  jesus is real!

Ex-C:  ...

Christian:  jesus is real!  he loves all!

Ex-C:  ... do you have any proof to back up your statement?

Christian:  why can't you just get over asking for proof?  By the way, jesus is real!  *snap snap*  PS:  jesus said 'fuck off!'

• Like 3

egotastical fucking god who always wants itself to be first,,,,, inferior complex?

• Like 1

Megalomania with an inferiority complex.

Narcissism, in a nutshell.  :D

Sunday Dispatch.678

~Gale Sayers

Recipe for codependency, victimhood, and social martyrdom.

• Like 2

Sunday Dispatch.678

~Gale Sayers

What a shitty person this Gale Sayers is to put an imaginary person above her family and friends.

And what a shitty religion Christianity is for brainwashing people into putting God before their own family.

• Like 2

Sunday Dispatch.678

~Gale Sayers

I am a resident of Earth first, a human being second, and an individual third.

Sunday Dispatch.678

~Gale Sayers

Ah, yet another quote showing that bible god is an asshole. Are we sure ironhorse isn't a secret anti-theist?

• Like 2

Sunday Dispatch.678

~Gale Sayers

What a shitty person this Gale Sayers is to put an imaginary person above her family and friends.

And what a shitty religion Christianity is for brainwashing people into putting God before their own family.

I'm guessing it's really Gayle Sayers, the famous halfback of the Chicago Bears in the 60s.  He was one of my boyhood sports heroes.  

He was a bit before my time but he looks like the original Tebow.

It's funny how the occasional Christian athletes give glory to Jesus but the thousands of other athletes seem to perform so well without giving glory to Jesus.

A polite question to the Mods...

Could you please clarify what conditions need to be met for this thread to be locked?

Thanks,

BAA.

Sunday Dispatch.679

“Heaven is full of answers for which nobody ever bothered to ask.”

~Billy Graham

• Like 1

Sunday Dispatch.679

~Billy Graham

How about you answer the questions that HAVE been asked. There's a whole thread for it.

• Like 4

Sunday Dispatch.679

~Billy Graham

Billy Graham was a fucking liar.

People ask Christians questions and Christians do not have any answers.