Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Dispatch

ironhorse

A polite question to the Mods...

Could you please clarify what conditions need to be met for this thread to be locked?

Thanks,

BAA.

What BAA said.  What conditions need to be met for this thread to be locked?

• Like 2

I will reply with a story:

I once had a student. Her name was Courtney. She was from New Jersey. After a bitter divorce, she had to move south with her mom. In my first meeting with the mother, she told me Courtney was still upset about the divorce. Divorce is specially hard on teenagers.

Courtney was a skinny girl with extra long black hair. Her clothes were simple: usually wore a well worn dress or tattered jeans (tattered by life, not by Old Navy) . She told me she loved to read, dance. music and art. My first impression as a teacher was that she was very intelligent. She was a bright kid. I liked her.

The weeks passed and one day a student told me that other students were taunting her and calling here names. This abuse was happening in the halls, restrooms and during lunch.

The next day in my class. I had her last period. I was planning on talking to her after class. The tardy bell rang and she was not there. 

She came in a few minutes later and all of us could she she was upset and crying. she was going to her desk when a few students started to laugh. She ran out of the room. She was out of school for six weeks.

This day before she returned I told every class this story:

"See the sidewalk across the street? Imagine a man came walking along carrying a stick. 

A puppy dog came up to him and the man started beating the dog with the stick? what would you think 

or do?"

In every class they erupted in anger and disgust. Saying that is cruel and evil. Some said they would go and

rescue the dog. Some said they would take the stick and use it on the man. 

And then I reminded them of Courtney. They all were aware of how she had been taunted and bulled.

I agree with you that for a person to beat a dog is cruel and evil but why do we as humans so often see other

humans being mistreated and we do not get upset? We do not try to be a friend? We do not try to help?

It is interesting Ironhorse but every time you make a post I think: Is this guy the pastor of the Church I went to? And then I am like no, I can't imagine my former pastor's English being good enough to participate in this forum...So I guess you just happen to parrot what all other Christians who think they have the good answers to the atheist questions are parroting...

By the way, your story might be cute and all...but do you actually notice that you just went off topic here...again? It has nothing to say about the value of animals and humans. All it says is how you think humans treat humans and how you think humans treat animals. And that you think it is wrong to treat animals better than humans and for that one I actually happen to agree. It is wrong to treat people bad as much as it is wrong to treat animals bad. Or would it be ok to beat an animal if we where nice to each other?

Sunday Dispatch.678

“The Lord is first, my family and friends are second, and I am third."

~Gale Sayers

Yes...because suppressing your own self is contributing to this world more than being good to yourself and therefore to others as well...you can see that clearly when looking at the catholic church and it's priests...molesting boys and all...

And if you are all spent and wrecked your children have the most of you...not.

Sunday Dispatch.679

“Heaven is full of answers for which nobody ever bothered to ask.”

~Billy Graham

Answers for which nobody ever bothered to ask? Like a lecture no one would sign up if it was not required for your major? YEY, can't wait...

OK, Ironhorse, watch this and tell me if you still think rats are pretty useless...

http://www.upworthy.com/heres-one-of-the-best-reasons-not-to-hate-rats-ive-ever-seen?c=gasan1

OK, Ironhorse, watch this and tell me if you still think rats are pretty useless...

http://www.upworthy.com/heres-one-of-the-best-reasons-not-to-hate-rats-ive-ever-seen?c=gasan1

Thanks for the video. It was good. 

But please remember, I never said rats or any animal was useless. 

Thanks for the video. It was good. 

But please remember, I never said rats or any animal was useless. 

Ah, are you suffering some memory loss?

• Super Moderator

What BAA said.  What conditions need to be met for this thread to be locked?

Since no rules are being broken, I'd say that it will be automatically locked after 30 days of inactivity, as usual. 

I might ask, "What conditions need to be met for those fed up with the thread to stop posting to it?"

History indicates that Christians who come here to "share" will not and cannot answer questions to the satisfaction of Ex-Cs. Discussions where fact meets faith cannot be fruitful, ever, but sometimes they are entertaining. Mostly they are frustrating, but we keep playing anyway.

Sunday Dispatch.680

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.”

~Antoine de Saint Exupéry

Watch over your heart with all diligence,
For from it flow the springs of life.

~Proverbs 4: 23

• Like 1

“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.” 

― Marcus AureliusMeditations

Sunday Dispatch.680

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"  Jer. 17:9

• Like 1

“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.” 

― Marcus AureliusMeditations

I agree. That's the truth about seeking truth.

I still have my father's copy of Meditations. I've read the book several times.

A lot of good stuff.

More quotations:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/17212.Marcus_Aurelius

• Like 1

"Veni vidi vici"

~ Gaius Iulius Caesar

Sunday Dispatch.680

Fucketh Offeth

--The illustrious Me

• Like 4

"The heart is deceptive above all things, and desperately wicked. Who can understand it?"

The trouble is ironhorse, you think it's others who are deceived. But it is you. Do you believe with all your heart? See the above quoted scripture. It asks who can understand the heart. I'll bet you think you can, don't you? bill

"He is the One Who Grows, He is the One Who Gives and He is the One Who Guides. No one speaks His name out of reverence for His majesty. Thanks to Him, the Treeminders have a home."

Tree Father Birch -  Fallout 3

I just had an interesting thought... If all ex-Cs completely ignored this thread, how long would it take for IH to give up on it?

• Like 1

He would not. He would continue to post one post each sunday.

I just had an interesting thought... If all ex-Cs completely ignored this thread, how long would it take for IH to give up on it?

I'm willing to try it but I think IH is very stubborn.  He will be around for years.

I've tried to respond to IH's posts before with scorn, Christianese, logic and etc. the few times I have responded. I decided that I should only respond to him from now on with the Bible, as I did in my last post on this thread.

He can ignore it, but he can't refute it and still be a Christian.

This seems to be the case on a few other forums where he also posts the same thing every week. Nobody ever responds there, yet he keeps on doing it.

Google "Ironhorse Sunday Dispatch".

post-21018-0-33312500-1410935324_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, I had no idea that he was doing this same shit on other sites until just now. Oh well... This thread may never be locked, I guess.

• Super Moderator

Eh, I guess this is enough.....