I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
  • Like 3

Sunday Dispatch.3

"Why don't you knock off them negative waves? Why don't

you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say

something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

~Oddball, the film Kelly's Heroes

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy
  • Like 2

113-Conversations-with-God-650x542.jpg

• Like 4

If we are here not to do
What you and I wanna do
And go forever crazy with it
Why the hell we are even here?

There were never any good old days
They are today, they are tomorrow
It's a stupid thing we say
Cursing tomorrow with sorrow

When we stand here in a row
Looking like a bunch of heroes
I know that-a deep inside
Nothing more but bunch of zeroes

O skolko utetchki tepla
A vot takaja vot sud'ba
Nam segodnja suzhdena
A byt' mezget chto kogda da-j povez'et!

There were never any good old days
They are today, they are tomorrow
It's a stupid thing we say
Cursing tomorrow with sorrow

Steppin' on the trail of ultimate
I would never choose to die
So give me the rest of all the secrets
Give me new culture of life

Ultimate by Gogol Bordello

"I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: I’m ready to accept David Koresh as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God. That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things David Koresh said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronising nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to. ... Now it seems to me obvious that He was neither a lunatic nor a fiend: and consequently, however strange or terrifying or unlikely it may seem, I have to accept the view that He was and is God."

• Like 1

Gosh, ever since the Sunday Dispatch started, I feel like I need Jesus again! lol. just kidding.

• Like 1

Sunday Christianity centered blog posts? That sounds like something best suited for a Christian forum. I'm not sure what purpose it is meant to serve on a Ex-Christian forum in a sub-forum called "The Lion's Den," but hey, more power to ya I guess. The Ex-Christian meme's are amusing GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Sunday Christianity centered blog posts? That sounds like something best suited for a Christian forum. I'm not sure what purpose it is meant to serve on a Ex-Christian forum in a sub-forum called "The Lion's Den," but hey, more power to ya I guess. The Ex-Christian meme's are amusing GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

No one here really does...but well, let Ironhorse have it if it gratifies him...I bet he is not even reading the post's of others...its a masturbation kinda thing...

It's a "bless your heart" thing, really. After all we've been through as ExCs, with years and decades of faith and belief, then even more struggle, only to painfully have to face the resounding silence from the God that never was, the earnest dude with the "Bible Verse-a-day" calendar really things that one of these drive-by postings of a book we have already read multiple times and deconstructed will somehow work magically to "bring us back" to believing in Jesus. 

"It's just baffling to me."

miranda-priestly.jpg

• Like 2

No one here really does...but well, let Ironhorse have it if it gratifies him...I bet he is not even reading the post's of others...its a masturbation kinda thing...

Yep, ironhorse is having a love affair with his favorite person -- himself. The guy's got an ego that would make god himself blush. But at least he's polite and harmless.

• Like 4

Sunday Dispatch.4

Mick has to get up in the morning with a plan. Who he's going to call, what he's going to eat, where he's going to go. Me, I wake up, praise the Lord, then make sure all the phones are turned off.

~Keith Richards, Newsweek

Q: How many atheists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two. One to actually change the bulb, and the other to videotape the job so fundamentalists won’t claim that god did it.

Q: How many creationists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None! They've invented torches!

-----

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop! Don't do it!" "Why shouldn't I?" he said. I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!" He said, "Like what?" I said, "Well, are you religious or atheist?" He said, "Religious." I said, "Me too! Are your Christian or Buddhist?" He said, "Christian." I said, "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?" He said, "Protestant." I said, Me too! Are your Episcopalian or Baptist? He said, "Baptist!" I said, "Wow! Me too! Are your Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord? He said, Baptist Church of God!" I said, "Me too! Are your Original Baptist Church of God or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?" He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God!" I said, "Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?" He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915!" I said, "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.

• Like 4

I remember being a kid and my parents filling my head with nonsense, like Santa, the Easter bunny and the Tooth fairy etc.

Well now that I'm older I don't fall for that shit anymore, thank God.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Ironhorse, why is it that you never respond to any of the posts I make on any or your threads?  If you're scared, just say you're scared.  If not, man up and start engaging me.

post-3274-0-72175300-1392563872_thumb.jpg
  • Like 2

Yeah, this drive-by, random quote with nothing to do with anything thread doesn't make much sense.

Yeah, this drive-by, random quote with nothing to do with anything thread doesn't make much sense.

You expect one of our typical christian interlopers to make sense???

Motto for this thread: Make fun, not sense!

• Like 1

Ironhorse, why is it that you never respond to any of the posts I make on any or your threads?  If you're scared, just say you're scared.  If not, man up and start engaging me.

Ironhorse only answers posts he feels confident to have the right answer to...

"Do not be led by others,
awaken your own mind,
amass your own experience,
and decide for yourself your own path." 
-The Atharva Veda

"Hail, Water, 

ye bring health and bliss: 
ye help us to energy.
That we may look on great delight!
-the Sama Veda (9:2:10)

• Like 3

Ironhorse only answers posts he feels confident to have the right answer to...

Wow. Now "confident" I believe. But if his posts are anybody's examples of "right answers" ...