Goodbye Jesus

Christians: Why Can't Your God Free People From Slavery?

falemon

Explain. I won't go into details because there are people here with troubling histories who might have difficulty thinking about the terror some people have to live with, so I'll just keep it simple.

Why does your God not answer the prayers to free modern day slaves? who were born into illegal human slave trades. Why has he not even alerted the police of their locations?

It seems all he can do is what, confirm your beliefs by giving you 'revelations' yet fails to reveal anything that actually matters!

Which begs the question: Why doesn't god do anything besides finding car keys and throwing sporting events?

It seems that the old adage about God helping those who help themselves is really true. Or, as I prefer to put it, God doesn't help.

• Like 1

I could buy the explanation that Jesus uses means, i.e. that he works through people to free slaves. The problem is that Jesus sanctions slavery as a divinely ordained institution! This is specifically taught in the New Testament and is not a relic of the Mosaic Law. The specific approval of slavery should be a clear indication that the New Testament is a wicked and ungodly set of documents, none of which are inspired by Nature's God.

• Like 1

Related to this thread is this question: What horrible, evil act do you think your god would not allow to be perpetrated on this planet, not including the events of the return of Jesus and destruction of the earth described in Revelations? I'm referring to acts by humans against humans, not acts of god. Is their anything so terrible that god would intervene in modern times?   bill

• Super Moderator

Or this question:  Is there any atrocity that your god could commit, that would be so horrific it would make you want to stop believing in him, that your god hasn't already committed in the bible?

• Like 1