Goodbye Jesus

Qualities Of God

Asimov

Found this on the interfaith forums...

You will not find these qualities in any book and you will not recognize them through someone else’s relationship. The list of qualities are genuine and honed to perfection, they haven’t change and are an accurate resemblance to the way GOD would like to be k(NOW)n.

Unconditional LOVE, genderless, patient, reliable, content, understanding, evident, humorous, available (easy to get a hold of), wise, inquisitive, familiar, TRUTHful, observant, (ALL)mighty, fair, forgiving, self-reliant, independent thinker, modest, unoffending, regret-less, PURPOSEFUL, nonjudgmental, good conversationalist, friendly, helpful, ONE, giving, UNIVERSAL, personable, contagious, insightful, music aficionado.

1.GOD does not ask humans to do anything that GOD cannot DO him/herself.

2.GOD does not wait.

Though GOD’s patience is renowned if there is something that GOD is concerned about he will not let moments pass to CORRECT the matter.

3. GOD does not think like humans DO.

4. GOD has never incarnated into a physical existence nor ever has a need or desire to DO so.

5. You cannot offend GOD. GOD does not anger or have any regrets.

6. GOD does not live up to human expectations. GOD’s PURPOSE/existence and agenda is his/her own.

7. GOD does not interfere with our human lives.

8. GOD is not Catholic/Protestant/Baptist/ Unitarian/Amish/Born Again/ Jehovah Witness/Luthren/Mormon/Jewish/Islamic/Hindu/Atheist/Agnostic/Republican/

Communist/Democratic/Liberal/Moderate/American/Arabic/Italian/ Asian/African/European/Australian

9. GOD does not punish or judge or enact revenge.

10. There is no will that GOD expects from us.

11. GOD does not murder or take away lives.

12. GOD does not hold ONE entity higher than the other, every entity (spiritual, physical, animal, plant) is equal.

13. GOD does not need you to believe in Him. GOD does not need to PROVE himself to you.GOD does not need defending. GOD exists with or without your LOVE/worship/attention.

14. GOD exists with or without your LOVE/worship/attention.

15. GOD is not our Father, our babysitter or Superman. GOD is not holy or divine.

In a word: God is everything we want him to be. He is the ideal image of "us", and as such is evolving in our image as we continue to redefine ourselves, and hence "God".

Amen? :scratch:

He sounds kinda like Barney - the big purple blobby dude.

I thought it was an interesting glimpse into the mind of someone who can't quite let go of the concept of God.

Hmmmm.. Sounds like Purple Rhino in leather... :)

kL

That is the most useless description of God I've ever read.

They could have summed it up with 'God is Irrelevant'.

16. GOD is not offended by small case letters, but prefers caps.

17. Nor doth the lord GOD become offended by Bold type & type written in many colors

17. Nor doth the lord GOD become offended by Bold type & type written in many colors

LOL

Hey, isn't this wierd?

15. GOD is not our Father, our babysitter or Superman. GOD is not holy or divine.

GOD ain't Holy or divine? What's left?

Umm....

Oh god yes! yeS! yES! YES! OH GOD!

Works for me!

If god is all-powerful, what sense does it make to say that god doesn't ask anything of humans he can't do himself? "Hey, human, lift this mountain. I could do it myself, but I'd rather you did."

I rather like most of that definition, but have qualms with assumptions that the creator(s) of the universe are all knowing and all powerful. That to me is not being able to let go of the Xian idea of a god. Who says that a god is all powerful or all knowing or has to be? Clearly no such kind of beings exist, or else we'd know it for sure by now - and would have frequent reminders.

They could have summed it up with 'God is Irrelevant'.

Sounds good to me.