Goodbye Jesus

Retelling My Story

Guest XAshleyX

Guest XAshleyX

Hi everyone! Im back. I used to be a member 2 years ago. My username then was YoungInFaithlessness. It's been a rough 2 years. Since then I have graduated, moved out, quit my job, found another job(that I hate), moved back in, etc... I am 19 and 10 months old and still an exchristian.
:grin:

I just wanted to retell my story. I was 17 when i finaly said out loud that christianity was pretty much a bunch of bull. Thats when I officially stopped beleiving. Before that I had always questiond things. Even as young as 7 years old, I remember asking questions and never really getting a straight answer. I really wanted to beleive, i really did,who didn't want to beleive in an all-loving god who takes you to a great place when you die as long as you beleive in him and his son? I sure did, that was better than Santa Clause. I read my bible, i went to church on sundays and wednesdays, I joined the Choir, I did it all, but through it all i never really beleived. So in the end i stopped going, mostly because of a spat I had with one of my friends.I was about 14 when I stopped going to church. After That I started getting into Wicca and the "occults". I bought spellbooks and candles, astrology guides and tarot cards. I did that on and off for about 3 years when I finally said the hell with this. i was still partial to christianity up until this time too. For a year or so i just existed. i didn't beleive in anything nor did I really care. I was just being 18 and having a good time. Then i read a book that plunged me into my research...yup you guessed it The DaVinci Code. By the time I even started reading this book I already didn't beleive or agree with christianity on alot of levels, but after reading it I wanted to kknow more. Was it all true? Because if it was it was hard evidence that supported everything I had already beleived. If it wasn't true, then i wanted to find out for myself. So here I am now, Watching the history channel every night and reading just about anything I can find about ancient christians and such.

I have long ago made my own opinions and theories about christianity, and I am confident that one day the truth will come out and everyone will finally awaken from the stupor that the church has put on them. I just hope that i will be alive so I can say, "HA! I told you so!".

Hey Ashley! I remember you. How are things? Well, yeah, I did read the post above. Welcome back and lets tag team on some fundy ass!

Hiya Ashley,

Wondered where you had wondered off to.. Pleased to see you made it back to ExC's "greener pastures on net".

Will sure enjoy having your presence back here at Dave's House!

kevinL