Goodbye Jesus

16 Hours In Fundieland

Roz

Starting with church, then after church lunch, then playing hymns in a nursing home (i'm a pianist) while church members sing.

Now in 53 minutes, it's off to see "god's not dead" in the theater. 

Fine, ok, they're family, I love them.  However...

Things I did while in Fundieland (SDA flavor) that made jesus cry:

1.  Secretly went to Tim Horton's and got a ham and cheese breakfast sandwich (SDAs don't eat pork, think Jewish diet)

1b.  Acknowledge that 'damn, this pork sausage sandwich is good!'

1c.  Thought 'damn, that's one cute gal over at the register' 

2.  Listen to secular music on the way to church and to the potluck lunch home

3.  Browse ex-christian and pledge my loyalty to the almighty metaphorical ham and cheese sandwich

4.  Got re-acquainted with the Good Ship Jesus, the first slave ship.  Because a christian pasted some BS prop piece saying that 'christianity ended slavery.'

Deconverting's fun when I make it into a game jesus.gif

I'd like to know what you think of "gods not dead". A friend of mine praised it on FB.

Roz -- Kudos on your fortitude. And on getting yourself a good pork sandwich.

I've never heard of that "god's not dead" movie, but judging by the title, they'd have to put me in a strait-jacket and hold a gun to my head to make me sit through it. You're a stronger person than I.

(I just tried to watch the trailer. Now I know you're a better person than I if you can sit through that.)

• Like 1

i am currently in the middle of dozens of christians, shhhhh. be wery wery quiet. im too lazy to caps and way too lazy to loo up how use the apostrophe in this phone. i will report back my heathen review of this movie

lol, i when i was a christian i was ashamed to even acknowledge pretty girls

I got through it!  I love my family, and to prove it I sat through 2 hours of B-grade propaganda.  I would do it again, they're that awesome! 

Ok, aside from that, my review of this film is up on the lion's den.

It's the concept of an almighty ham and cheese sandwich that caught my attention; I think I'd personally pledge loyalty to a goats cheese and garlic baguette...