Goodbye Jesus

There Is No Justice In The Christian Concept Of Heaven And Hell

Overcame Faith

Shall we take bets on how many times he asks pantaphobia the same question that has already been answered over and over in explicit detail?

Shall we take bets on how many times he asks pantaphobia the same question that has already been answered over and over in explicit detail?

Please post the thread where this question has been answered.

What would you do to deal with the pain and suffering in the world?

Not only was it answered, I also quoted one of the other times you asked, and quoted the answer. I'm not doing it again. Go back and read.

Guest afireinside

Now we've established the fact it WAS answered-multiple times, can we have your answer to this poignant question IH?

Drumroll.......

• Like 1

Personally, I would like to ask Ironhorse to address the actual topic of this thread I started. The premise of this thread is stated in the title, "There is no Justice in the Christian Concept of Heaven and Hell." I have given multiple examples that justify the premise. Unless I missed something, Ironhorse's only on-topic response was to quote C.S. Lewis to the effect that people choose hell.

Is that it, Ironhorse? Is that what turns eternal torture into a just punishment for an otherwise good person who does not believe in Jesus, but allows Jeffrey Dahmer to go to heaven? Have you nothing else to say on this vital issue?

I love that IH has managed, once again, to deflect answering anything concrete himself by positing a hypothetical situation that WILL NEVER EVER EVER HAPPEN for the rest of us. 

What about you, Horsey? What would YOU do about the world's evil and suffering? What HAVE you done?

I was the one who asked the question. 

What would you do?

Stop asking fresh questions and deal with the pile of old ones!

Stop asking fresh questions and go back and thru the various threads you've been in and deal with the outstanding questions!

Scientists have done more than anyone else to alleviate human suffering.  We (and by 'we' I mean humanity, not me personally) have nearly doubled our life expectancy; we have eliminated all kinds of diseases and are always working to cure more.  we have developed methods of birth control that can help to curb population growth and prevent further suffering (at least when the Church isn't getting in the way).  We can predict natural disasters in advance which gives us more time for people to take steps to ensure their safety.  Instead of performing exorcisms, we have learned how to treat depression, anxiety, schizophrenia and all other kinds of mental illnesses with medication and therapy that is getting better all the time.  We have done this by studying and observing the natural world and questioning authority and antiquated superstitions, many of which come from Scripture and are perpetuated by the church.  Personally if I could go back in time I would get a degree in the sciences instead of the religion degree I have, so I could be more involved in these efforts.

• Like 1

I love that IH has managed, once again, to deflect answering anything concrete himself by positing a hypothetical situation that WILL NEVER EVER EVER HAPPEN for the rest of us.

What about you, Horsey? What would YOU do about the world's evil and suffering? What HAVE you done?

What would you do?

You have to be a troll. If the average christian really is as stupid as you that really explains the reason for why the world is so f'ed up. I always thought christians were just misguided but good people. Apparently when anonymous on the internet they show just how mentally ill they are. Your question was answered. You should seriously seek professional help for your mental problems.

Post 184

Written by Kris.  Upvoted by Pantophobia, Ravenstar any also myself.  (In this context you can assume upvoting means agreement.)  

"I would remove this type of horror from the earth if I had the power--- you better fuckin believe it!! I would find a way to allow for all creatures to be fed, and would allow for a peaceful existence for all. And I would not require worship from anyone or anything. I would do it because of my altruistic nature. So, I would do the exact opposite of what your god supposedly does Ironhorse!" 

Post 186 

Written by afireinside

"If I was God I would bring equality and at least a bit of rain to barren land, did God use up all the rain in the big flood?"

Post 187 

Written by AJG

"If I was your God I would have skipped the Beta release (earth) and gone directly to Creation 2.0 (heaven)."

Post 188

Written by Roz

"I wouldn't institute ANY form of slavery and I wouldn't give license for rape."

Post 189 

Written by xtify

"If I had the power that your god supposedly does, I would just forgive humanity and teach them how to get along.  I would forget all this nonsense about blood atonement and create a world where people could love one another.  Is that too much to ask from someone who was supposedly powerful enough to have created the universe?"

Post 194

Written by Midnightrider and upvoted by FreeThinkerNZ.

"If I was God, I'd snap my fingers and magically relieve all suffering."

These were the answers given to your question immediately after you asked it.  That is why people around here think they answered your question and you merely ignored the answers.

@Everyone else:

Does this suggest that Ironhorse does not actually read our responses but only skims them?  That would explain why he dodges so many questions only to add something off the wall like a U2 quote.

What would you do?

Now I'm asking you. Answer.

Not only was it answered, I also quoted one of the other times you asked, and quoted the answer. I'm not doing it again. Go back and read.

Not only was it answered and quoted repeatedly, I ALREADY ANSWERED YOU DIRECTLY, YOU STUPID SHIT. (Seriously, this is not the day to try my patience, Junior.)

Now it's your turn. We're waiting. Go on and tell us, right here, without quoting the bible or song lyrics. What would you do or what are you doing to ease the world's suffering, huh? 

Hmmm...

This behavior is another thing that causes us to distrust you, Ironhorse!

We have to search out posts and replies and prove to you that your questions have been answered, while you fail to address outstanding points, issues and questions?

Can you see how this fosters suspicion of your motives?

Can you see how this causes frustration and irritation?

Can you see how this causes us to doubt you?

Ironhorse is just a troll for Jesus. He deflects or ignores our comments while asserting pro-Jesus crap.

Those who are brainwashed will always stick up for their imaginary Jesus buddy even if it goes against logic and common sense.

Ironhorse is null and void.

Post 184

Written by Kris.  Upvoted by Pantophobia and Ravenstar.  (In this context you can assume upvoting means agreement.)  

"I would remove this type of horror from the earth if I had the power--- you better fuckin believe it!! I would find a way to allow for all creatures to be fed, and would allow for a peaceful existence for all. And I would not require worship from anyone or anything. I would do it because of my altruistic nature. So, I would do the exact opposite of what your god supposedly does Ironhorse!" 

Post 186 

Written by afireinside

"If I was God I would bring equality and at least a bit of rain to barren land, did God use up all the rain in the big flood?"

Post 187 

Written by AJG

"If I was your God I would have skipped the Beta release (earth) and gone directly to Creation 2.0 (heaven)."

Post 188

Written by Roz

"I wouldn't institute ANY form of slavery and I wouldn't give license for rape."

Post 189 

Written by xtify

"If I had the power that your god supposedly does, I would just forgive humanity and teach them how to get along.  I would forget all this nonsense about blood atonement and create a world where people could love one another.  Is that too much to ask from someone who was supposedly powerful enough to have created the universe?"

Post 194

Written by Midnightrider and upvoted by FreeThinkerNZ.

"If I was God, I'd snap my fingers and magically relieve all suffering."

These were the answers given to your question immediately after you asked it.  That is why people around here think they answered your question and you merely ignored the answers.

@Everyone else:

Does this suggest that Ironhorse does not actually read our responses but only skims them?  That would explain why he dodges so many questions only to add something off the wall like a U2 quote.

I answered it too, in post #222 above:

"Please define what power I would have.  Whatever that power is, what I would do with that power would depend on my character, morals and ethics.  Am I omnibenevolent?  If so, I would do everything in my power to avoid evil and suffering, and I would have done so when I created things to begin with.  If I am not omnibenevolent, I may not.  According to the Bible (assuming the text is true), your particular God is a little shit, with significant character flaws and a healthy lack of morals and ethics.  So it is not surprising at all that your particular God (assuming it exists) has done nothing to address his own evil actions or the suffering which so clearly exists.

But again, let's return back to reality.  All I can do, based on my character, morals and ethics, is to do my best not to cause evil or suffering, and to encourage others to do the same."

I answered it too, in post #222 above:

"Please define what power I would have.  Whatever that power is, what I would do with that power would depend on my character, morals and ethics.  Am I omnibenevolent?  If so, I would do everything in my power to avoid evil and suffering, and I would have done so when I created things to begin with.  If I am not omnibenevolent, I may not.  According to the Bible (assuming the text is true), your particular God is a little shit, with significant character flaws and a healthy lack of morals and ethics.  So it is not surprising at all that your particular God (assuming it exists) has done nothing to address his own evil actions or the suffering which so clearly exists.

But again, let's return back to reality.  All I can do, based on my character, morals and ethics, is to do my best not to cause evil or suffering, and to encourage others to do the same."

As did many others as well.  When I composed that list I was looking for the answers that came right after he asked and before he asked again.  As more time passes he gets even more answers.  He is either lying or he does not read the vast majority of messages.  Based on the way he behaves in other threads I am writing it off as lying.

There have been a few Christians on here over the years who have engaged in genuine dialogue with ex-Christians. Many of the (posing?) Christians have been trolls, however. Sad.

There have been a few Christians on here over the years who have engaged in genuine dialogue with ex-Christians. Many of the (posing?) Christians have been trolls, however. Sad.

As I've said before, I'm not entirely convinced that Ironhorse and the others are really even Christians. Based on their irrational and often inane behavior, it seems more plausible to me that they're simply out to defame Christians by embodying Christian stereotypes.

• Like 1

As I've said before, I'm not entirely convinced that Ironhorse and the others are really even Christians. Based on their irrational and often inane behavior, it seems more plausible to me that they're simply out to defame Christians by embodying Christian stereotypes.

Possibly. I've wondered this about him and some of our other Christian guests.

But it's hard to tell. I've seen this type of act before, but it also comes as no suprise when genuine Christians' posts are irrational and inane. I guess they would have to be irrational in order to really believe what they claim to believe. And they can't really defend these beliefs with sound, solid reason, so anything they say is going to appear inane when it's held up to scrutiny.

Genuine or not Bhim, their behavior drives more and more people away from Jesus.

• 3 weeks later...

well what is even MORE absurd is all the tricks, traps, and eggshells one has to impossibly do to avoid going to hell. dont do this dont do that, do this do that, cant enjoy this cant enjoy that cant love this, cant fuck that. the only way to get into heaven it seems is to stand in one spot, clothed up to the hilt, earplugs in(or maybe not that's prolly some fucking sin too) saying praise "god" forever.

• Like 1

well what is even MORE absurd is all the tricks, traps, and eggshells one has to impossibly do to avoid going to hell. dont do this dont do that, do this do that, cant enjoy this cant enjoy that cant love this, cant fuck that. the only way to get into heaven it seems is to stand in one spot, clothed up to the hilt, earplugs in(or maybe not that's prolly some fucking sin too) saying praise "god" forever.

Tha actually sounds like a pretty accurate description of what heaven will be like too. But you will like it.

When I was a child I was told heaven would be eternally praising god. I thought "hmmm that sounds like eternal church. Who in their right mind wants that?"

Tha actually sounds like a pretty accurate description of what heaven will be like too. But you will like it.

When I was a child I was told heaven would be eternally praising god. I thought "hmmm that sounds like eternal church. Who in their right mind wants that?"

I know right, and be stuck with the churchy types. Fuck that shit, gimme hell.

"When I was a child I was told heaven would be eternally praising god. I thought "hmmm that sounds like eternal church. Who in their right mind wants that?"

Not me.

That is a very narrow view of heaven and of what true praise is about.