Goodbye Jesus

My Response To My Friend Leah.

Cianna200

My friend Leah asked: Cianna, why are you know longer a christian? You may go to hell.

Dear Leah

Hi, there are good reasons why I am not a christian. I know you fear for my immortal soul but I will be fine. Here are the reasons why I reject Christianity.

1. Christian delusion: How many people have read the bible completely? Honestly. I know even you didn't read the whole bible yet you and other Christians believe they hold the key and that they are right and everyone else is wrong. We have no evidence whatsoever that the bible is perfect, we actually have evidence that the bible has flaws both unimportant and very serious! It cannot be denied, no matter how hard you try, you cannot convince me that the bible tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Humans cannot live for hundreds of years, the parrot is the only animal that can talk, the earth is not 6000, an ark cannot contain two of all living things.

2. Christian arrogance: There is no person more important than another, yet Christians believe that they are the chosen ones, the important ones, the people who consider themselves, the key to life's problems. Yet Jesus was depicted as humble. Arrogance is going the wrong way.

3. Christian immorality: Have you ever wondered what Christians have done in the past? Christians have terrorized the lives of thousands and brutally tortured and murdered anyone who would not convert. If you were a: Heretic, witch, homosexual, atheist, pagan, Jew, heathen, freethinker ect, prostitute, you were in critical danger if you were discovered. None of the above is a perfectly good reason to abuse and take the life of another. The bible condones the murders and bloodshed of nonchristians and this is disgusting.

Christianity amorality: Most if not all Christians seem to be confused with the difference between good and evil, justice and retribution, love and indifference. Christians seem to dub everything nonchristian as evil. By definition evil means ''seeking to deliberately cause others fear, pain, torture or suffering.'' The following has been called evil: rock music, Buddhism, White magic, homosexuality, babies. There is nothing evil about any of these. The Christian God is evil. The christian god murdered more people than Hitler, passed universal punishment on everyone because of two people, forced adulterous sex, slaughtered multitudes of animals, and worse he created eternal suffering in hell. The doctrine of hell is by far the worse thing I have ever known. Fear of hell is the reason why you are christian Leah as you admitted at the start of the letter. Many Christians believe the sacrificial death of Jesus is a sign of the christian god's immense love and eternal punishment is a sign of justice. Would any sane person send their son/daughter to be horribly killed in order to forgive innocent people? What is justice really? Is eternal agony and screams getting justice? No it is retribution! The christian god is so offended by people who did not accept his gift that he get's revenge by showing his everlasting wrath upon them as they enter the fires of hell for all eternity, while God rejoices with the saints forevermore. How in any way is the christian god loving? No one is omnibenevolent( all loving) and hateful at the same time. All loving means loving all, complete love. The bible describes love perfectly: patient, kind, unjealous, unselfish, humble and so on. A vengeful god is anything but love, and he cannot create this beautiful world, that's common sense. The christian god is hypocritical, narcissistic, diabolical, and psychopathic. If you support him and worse worship him, you are a follower of evil, and if you do this out of fear of his wrath than you are a hypocrite according to the bible and still not saved. Many Christians openly admit that the christian god is a sadistic and vengeful god yet they still go to church, pretend that he's good and stand by his side. That is why I am not Christian and I believe that the christian god does not exist anyway. I hope you understand. -Cianna

• Like 3

My friend Leah asked: Cianna, why are you know longer a christian? You may go to hell.

Seems to be the first response many of us get.

Apparently the only reason to believe is so you won't go to hell. Fear-based faith sure sounds like real faith to me. Maybe point that out to her.

It'll be interesting to see whether the hope you express in your last sentence proves well founded.  I would not hold my breath on that one...

• Super Moderator

Although heartfelt and sincere, you should prepare yourself for the possibility (probability) that your words will fall upon deaf ears.