Lesbian Students Expelled From Lutheran High School

charley

Here's the link. I'll try to let it speak for itself.... :

Here's the story

What in the world could be more harmless than a couple of gay teenage girls? They might have some special counseling needs, but that would be due to others, not them. I hardly hear anything about Lutherans. I grew up as one, and they are chillingly anti-sex. No tirade today...I could, but I realize the moderators don't like that.....

No tirade today...I could, but I realize the moderators don't like that.....

:twitch: What are you talking about? You can rant and rave to your heart's content here. The only thing forbidden is threatening or calling for someone's death. Otherwise, go nuts! (If I couldn't go on a tirade, then that would eliminate 60% of my posts!)

There goes the women's golf and softball teams

Oh, man....that's right....remember the last womens olympic beach volleyball team? I could watch them play and slap each others asses all day. This is threatening the very fabric of our society, when sports are thusly denied....and I am denied....such a pool of talent.

What are you talking about? You can rant and rave to your heart's content here. The only thing forbidden is threatening or calling for someone's death. Otherwise, go nuts! (If I couldn't go on a tirade, then that would eliminate 60% of my posts!)

I think some of my posts disappeared, and I thought that was why. Maybe I just can't get around here well enough to find them. This is a hell of a site, you know. Great software.

O.K., I'll take your advice and let the devil use me as his messenger next time......AAAHHHhahaha....

Hey, off topic : ...any comments on my "smiley" avatar? Now that I have him in use, he looks pretty damn ugly to me...his days are numbered...any thoughts, anyone?

Yes, those administrators told those gals to leave right away -- lickety split!

Lickety split....yes...that's what were afraid would happen...

Well I hope the school is happy with the big frikken lawsuit they're getting handed to them. Bunch of morons. Tolerance leads to financial security. The principal should get that tattoed on his forehead.

Just reading a story like that is corrupting me. Maybe I will try kissing a girl. Close lipped because I am straight, yes sir, straight as a water saturated 2x4 in a lake. No, but I read that lessie school girl kissed, and now it infected me. I am corrupted....open mouth kiss, but no more! Ah, hell

I LIKE FISH TACOS

I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING DOWN THERE

WE CAN TALK ABOUT OUR FEELING AND STUFF

Cripes, why am I wasting my time with men, stories like these make heterosexuality seem so pointless.

I have known so many girls who were at least a little bi (the depiction of it was part of the show) that stories like this really threaten to uncover a reality people are absolutely unprepared to deal with.

"Fish tacos"...Ha!...that's so funny seeing a girl write that! You talk like a sailor :lmao:

Charly your headline is a little misleading. These girls weren't expelled for being lesbians, they were expelled because they were suspected of being lesbians.

In a Sept. 12 letter to the parents, Bork acknowledged that officials had seen no physical contact between the girls but said their friendship was "uncharacteristic of normal girl relationships and more characteristic of a lesbian one.''

So even though they didn't act on their feelings, just being suspected of having the feelings is, in the principal's eyes, grounds for expulsion!

That's fucked up.

Charly your headline is a little misleading. These girls weren't expelled for being lesbians, they were expelled because they were suspected of being lesbians.

You're absolutely riight. That's an important distinction. Lutherans....I don't know what they get out of it. Until now, they just bored me. This is just crazy. One thing I know, is that they cringe under a spotlight. I hope theu get a lot of unpleasant attention.

Someone should start a lesbian high school that would ban Lutherans. See how they like it.

Ha!....Lesbian High School.....they could even mock religious schools in their school name :

"Our lady of Sapho"...(I know, spelling probably wrong)....interesting idea....Well, I thought I was going to bed but it looks like I'll be designing another website ....

In a Sept. 12 letter to the parents, Bork acknowledged that officials had seen no physical contact between the girls but said their friendship was "uncharacteristic of normal girl relationships and more characteristic of a lesbian one.''

So even though they didn't act on their feelings, just being suspected of having the feelings is, in the principal's eyes, grounds for expulsion!

That's fucked up.

Guess the school doesn't have a "Don't ask, Don't Tell" policy in place.

That's fucked up.

That's what I picked up on too; suspected of being lesbians! So, what was the school's proof? What are the characteristics of a lesbian relationship; the school admitted they had seen no physical contact.

This bothers me, because it puts me in mind of the fundamentalist church I was taken to as a child. They had very strict rules how men/women could dress, cut their hair, work, etc. As a 6, 7, 8 year old, I was told these ladies were my models. Dresses below the knees (don't even think of wearing pants! Those were for men only!), hair kept long, at least to the shoulder (again, short hair was a must for men), some women never cut their hair; if women had to work (if they had kids, they'd better stay home!) they should find a job appropriate to womanhood (nursing, teaching, secretary). Women were to be modest, gentle, submissive...all that crap. I saw these ladies, sitting there in their long flower print dresses, with hair piled up in large sausage link ringlets, and thought "how restrictive! It looks more fun to be a boy!" This had nothing to do with sex, just that it was obvious to me even as a little kid that males were given more freedom. Fortunately, as I moved into my teen years I left that church and realized I didn't have to conform to all those rules in order to be a "real" woman. But...think about it. Churches like that see women with short hair, wearing pants, working in construction or truck driving, etc...would these females be accused of being lesbians because they don't conform to some narrow definition of femininity? And this is the direction the Christian Reconstructionists want to take America in!!!

Evidently they like their women bovine-like and herded...MMMMmmmmm....MMMmmm....good.

Here is an example of the well-herded ideal. Sure to make Lutheran penises arise like steeples reaching for heavenl...but...hell....they look like they are more interested in each other! They should just become catholics...

Someone should start a lesbian high school that would ban Lutherans. See how they like it.

Ha!....Lesbian High School.....they could even mock religious schools in their school name :

"Our lady of Sapho"...(I know, spelling probably wrong)....interesting idea....Well, I thought I was going to bed but it looks like I'll be designing another website ....

Lesbian High School? Wow, Charley, there's an idea for one of your sites!

(Over 18 Of Course!)

Sorry, looks like you already got the idea.

When I was a junior at my Christian college, 2 women were forced to move off campus when they were found to be in a relationship together. Of course, they could still come to classes and PAY THEIR TUITION.

One of them was the leader of the main worship band that played during chapel services - god, she had a singing voice that could just melt you it was so beautiful - and everytime she came onto campus, she would wear a t-shirt that said, "Jesus, protect me from your followers." I loved her for that!!

When I was a junior at my Christian college, 2 women were forced to move off campus when they were found to be in a relationship together. Of course, they could still come to classes and PAY THEIR TUITION.

The capital letters are appropriate and their inference understood. The first thing that comes to mind is that if Jesus himself lived and sought out sinners, why do these people feel like these lesbians have a contagious disease? I see this as an example of vicious insecurity. These girls being around in a living situation would inspire a lot of sinful thoughts in people who would unable to think of anything else but the girls having sex whenever they were present. The poor neurotic bastards couldn't bear that, to the extent that the girls had to be inconvenienced for it. Most churches and christian religious organizations are shallow and mean. This may not be so different than any other group of people, religious or not, but it stinks to high heaven from these assholes when contrasted with their pretense of being the institution of true and real love for mankind. Like I've said elsewhere, I've found better people in motorcycle clubs (the "bad" kind) and jail cellblocks. I've found very little compassion and humanity where you would most expect it, and the most where you would expect the least.

You're absolutely riight. That's an important distinction. Lutherans....I don't know what they get out of it. Until now, they just bored me. This is just crazy. One thing I know, is that they cringe under a spotlight. I hope theu get a lot of unpleasant attention.

Whoa there..... now.

There are many different Lutheran denominations. There is Missouri Synod Lutheran and there is Wisconsin Synod Lutheran - both of which are very conservative and literalist.

Then there is ELCA - Evangelical Lutheran Church of America - pretty mainstream to liberal. (In fact in 2005 the national convention explored ordaining gay/lesbian ministers and blesssing same sex unions). The vote didn't go the way I would have perferred, but in time it probably will. The point is... the newspaper article did NOT identify which Lutheran denomination - but chances are pretty high it was Missouri Synod (they have a lot of private schools). So you can continue your bored stance with the ELCA, you're one of millions ;)

I was raised in a Missouri synod Lutheran church...or should I say Misery synod. They are like a cold dark fog.

To me, christianity can't be made acceptable by making a few changes here and there to liberalize it. The basics are allways there of clinging to strings of ideas held together by faith that tell you when and how and why to drop to your knees and apologize for things that you will never be able to stop doing. I don't have any paitience for it. So, whenever anything that angers me rises out of that worship, I call for the whole thing to be tossed aside.

Thank you for the detail, though. Interesting. Nice to know I wasn't the only one bored to death.

Thank you for the detail, though. Interesting. Nice to know I wasn't the only one bored to death.

No problem ;)

There are a lot of reasons for the empty pews, boredom and irrelevance being high on the list ;)

AFAIK, this particular high school, California Lutheran High School, is WELS/ELS.

I checked out their website. http://www.clhs-chawks.org/

There's a link to a pdf. file that is the handbook given to all parents who seek to put their children in the school.

Tuition is OUTRAGEOUS, IMHO.

And there's nothing that says they can kick your kid out on SUSPICION of being gay, as far as I could read.

Want to know the worst part for me?

This particular high school is literally down the street and around the corner from my house. I pass it every day taking my daughter to school. I have had to call the school office and correct the spelling on their marquee sign more than once, and have gotten nothing but supercilious attitude when trying to be polite. I just stopped calling, and decided to let them make fools of themselves in the community anymore. Ain't no skin off my nose.

This particular high school is literally down the street and around the corner from my house. I pass it every day taking my daughter to school. I have had to call the school office and correct the spelling on their marquee sign more than once, and have gotten nothing but supercilious attitude when trying to be polite. I just stopped calling, and decided to let them make fools of themselves in the community anymore. Ain't no skin off my nose.

Well hey Ms K maybe we'll run into each other at Tom's Farm. I'm just down the freeway in Riverside. Honestly I think the people who work in all school offices have supercilious down to an art, but maybe it's just my experiances.