Goodbye Jesus

Chatty And Boring Co-workers

white_raven23

Okay, I’d better do this here……I want to stay employed.

Major bitchy rant about to ensue:

What is the deal with chatty f***ing co-workers!??? I’ve been here five years…..in all that time my casual communications have been generally brief. There have been exceptions, but generally I like to keep to myself. It’s just how I am.

Well, somewhat recently, we’ve had some change around within the office. No big deal. They aren’t new employees to be slowly broken in……these are people who KNOW I’m generally pretty quiet, and don’t share or participate in the general interests. I might join everyone for lunch every couple months or so, but usually I’m happy to do my own thing.

What is the deal with co-workers suddenly “forgetting” who they are sitting next to?? There’s one girl who is now behind me, who was located just a few yards away before…..more than close enough to notice I’m not usually a big talker…..and she keeps yapping at me.

And she’s no brainiac either. No continued education, totally unable to focus on more than one thing at a time, obviously not someone capable of talking and….I dunno….WORKING at the same time.

So she yaps to me about her offspring (while I look at her thinking, “congrats…your hubby’s dick works”), she yaps about things she finds ironic, actually these are annoyances, she misuses the word “ironic”. I’ve not bothered to correct her on that or on her made-up words. It’s not worth it.

I want to scream at her that I : DON’T CARE! I DON’T CARE AT ALL! YOU CAN JABBER UNTIL YOU’RE BLUE IN THE FACE, I DON’T CARE THAT YOUR HUSBAND LEAVES ALL THE CHILD-REARING TO YOU! YOU BRING IT ON YOURSELF YOU MILQUETOAST DING-BAT! YOU PUSHOVER! YOU DOE-WITH-A-BROKEN-LEG!

IF YOU AND I WERE SOMEHOW THRUST INTO A SURVIVAL SCENARIO, I’D KILL YOU AND MAKE JERKY OF YOU AS A CONTINGENCY PLAN IN CASE I CAN’T MANAGE NON-HUMAN SUSTAINANCE! YOU ARE THE MOST HELPLESS, USELESS CREATURE I’VE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO MEET! YOU’VE KNOWN ME IN A GENERAL WAY FOR FIVE YEARS, NOW WHAT? YOU THINK I’M UP FOR SUDDENLY BEING YOU BUDDY?

PISS OFF AND LEAVE…..ME….ALONE!!!!

:die::dead::jerkit::pureevil:

Okay……rant over.

Woah. That was passionate :twitch:

When I lurked in the cubicles I would have lovely daydreams about which bones looked ripe for breaking on these assholes. 8 hours can be an awfully long time. When you get tired of breaking her apart, rip her head off and spit down her throat a la Mortal Kombat.

See, this is why I can't work in the cube world anymore, some people are just not cut out for it.

IF YOU AND I WERE SOMEHOW THRUST INTO A SURVIVAL SCENARIO, I’D KILL YOU AND MAKE JERKY OF YOU AS A CONTINGENCY PLAN IN CASE I CAN’T MANAGE NON-HUMAN SUSTAINANCE! YOU ARE THE MOST HELPLESS, USELESS CREATURE I’VE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO MEET! YOU’VE KNOWN ME IN A GENERAL WAY FOR FIVE YEARS, NOW WHAT? YOU THINK I’M UP FOR SUDDENLY BEING YOU BUDDY?

PISS OFF AND LEAVE…..ME….ALONE!!!!

You're not surprising me with that burst of anger. I saw that coming. It's allways the ones with the kitty-cat avatars...they only use those to fool you...those are the ones that you have to watch out for....

Souds like you need a vacation. I'm on the second month of a two month vacation. Ahhhh...I haven't left the house in two days....I highly recommend it.

You're not surprising me with that burst of anger. I saw that coming. It's allways the ones with the kitty-cat avatars...they only use those to fool you...those are the ones that you have to watch out for....

Moi? Little innocent cute me?

Souds like you need a vacation. I'm on the second month of a two month vacation. Ahhhh...I haven't left the house in two days....I highly recommend it.

Actually I spent a month in Europe in Nov. That was great! But there isn't enough time in the world that will give me the patience to deal with someone who constantly interrupts my work for her inane trivialities.

If she wants to yak at me, all she has to do is go on break with me at the same time. She always starts talking when I'm in the middle of stuff. It's not like she can't see I'm busy.......they took down the cubicle walls almost a year ago to do the whole "spacious and friendly" thing.

No walls is okay...if I need walls I create them with the whole "busy in the middle of an invoice" vibe. She just insists on ignoring the aura of really-busy-this-moment. THAT is what was making me homicidal. Can you really blame me?

*purrrrr*

Yeah,.....yeah.....who does the bitch think she is, trying to make friends by communicating with a complete lack of social skills, from obviously being berated and made to feel inferior her whole life.......what right does she have to an ounce of empathy or compassion....or paitience, for that matter...no one has a second to spare for that....we've got shit to do....

Just a thought. I'm just as impatient with people, in fact I would bet much more so. Sometimes I wish I weren't.

Talking to me when I'm OBVIOUSLY working. I hate that.

For the last year I've worked all alone on third shift. My mom has asked me several times "Don't you get lonely?" No, it's nice to be able to work without being distracted by a lot of chit-chat.

<_<

Hung Prominently from my cubicle wall...

Go away. Can.t you see I.m trying to get some work done?

I.m not interested in what you have to say. Your words

are but a loud drone, without meaning or purpose except to

keep you from your own appointed tasks. Let me be.

I said go away! Why are you still reading this? Your foul odor

is stinking up the whole area. Look, my personal space is only

so big, and you.re standing in it. If you don.t leave right

now I.m going to have to hurt you in many painful ways.

Well, you.re obviously a moron. I can.t think of another reason

why you would still be here after reading this far. Have you

always been this stupid, or did you have to take lessons?

Did the lobotomy hurt? Once and for all, just leave!

I.ve figured it out. You aren.t reading this at all. You.re just

standing there, pretending to read in the hopes that I might

strike up a conversation. Well, forget it. I would sooner

kiss Bill Gates than say a single word to you. Go away.

Look, I don.t care what you think about anything. I don.t

want to know about your health problems, I don.t want to know

how smart your kids are, I just want to get my work done and

get out of here. You.re preventing me from doing that.

Well, if you.ve gotten this far, then you are obviously trying

to annoy me on purpose. Let.s play a game. Let.s see how long

you can hold your breath. Keep holding it. Are you starting

to feel faint? Good! Keep holding your breath. Don.t stop.

If someone comes into my cube and starts annoying me, I just point to the sign.

I can understand that if the chatting disturbs and keeps you from your work that it bothers you. But we humans need to communicate with each other. Some of us only talk online or at work. I would probably be one of the ones boring you, but I love to talk. I would prefer to communicate with someone that cares. But its hard to tell that sometimes, and how do you make friends at work if you don't talk to your coworkers?

I just don't get this rant at all. I am a chatty person. :Wendywhatever:

I can understand that if the chatting disturbs and keeps you from your work that it bothers you. But we humans need to communicate with each other. Some of us only talk online or at work. I would probably be one of the ones boring you, but I love to talk. I would prefer to communicate with someone that cares. But its hard to tell that sometimes, and how do you make friends at work if you don't talk to your coworkers?

I just don't get this rant at all. I am a chatty person. :Wendywhatever:

I was blowing off steam yesterday. This lady kept wanting to chat, and yesterday was my due date for all the invoices. And we had Monday off, so it was just a four day week. Crunch time for my desk.

And as for the human need to communicate....yeah we all have that. And yesterday I chose to communicate my frustration with this woman here in the forum, instead of losing my cool and directing any part of it into her face. I would have felt absolutely horrible if I'd done that. And repairing co-worker relations afterwards.....are you kidding?

And loving to talk is fine...... But if a person has something to say, they need to just SAY it. Beginning, middle, end. Convey a whole idea in a few sentences instead of rambling meaninglessly. If a minute and a half of jabbering has gone by, and I the listener, STILL cannot figure out the point or purpose of the dialogue......especially when I'm stopping my work to give someone my undivided attention, I'm going to feel annoyed.

This woman isn't lonely either.....she has plenty of office friends. Maybe she thinks I'm lonely becaue I'm not as much of a butterfly.....I don't know.

I will say something about her I find amusing. She's got a major phobia for germs....which I guess a lot of people do, but it makes her POV somewhat interesting because I don't have that particular anxiety.

A week ago, she started a discussion (non busy moment so no biggie) about laundry. She was looking for advice about what to do with her clothes when they were ready to come out of the dryer, because she felt icky about putting them into the same plastic hamper she'd used to carry them to the washing machine when they were dirty. And no, we aren't talking major dirt or grime on these clothes, we're just talking regular wear.

I'd never thought to be anxious about such a thing in my life! Fascinating! I thought about it, and asked her if she couldn't just spray the hamper with Lysol or something before putting the clean clothes in it. She doesn't like the residue Lysol leaves. So then I suggested she buy a seperate hamper just for the clean clothes. There was something about this reccomendation she didn't like either (is there some "rule" about not being able to own more than one hamper :shrug: ) so she kinda changed the subject at that point.

So when she's not driving me nuts, she is interesting in a kooky sort of way.

Still wouldn't want her in my lifeboat though.

Why not? Protein is protein... :scratch:

I was blowing off steam yesterday.

...hell, that was nothing! You should hear me blow off steam sometime...(hmmmm, and you probably will since I've started to hang around here so much)....You would think that you needed to call a cop to prevent a horrible crime that you were sure was about to take place...

I for one welcome all venting here as I think most people do. Where else are you going to vent, if your statements aren't going to be tethered by "...may thine will be done..." or some other such hypocritical crap that neuters rage and makes it socially acceptable.

I think that is great that you are looking at a little humor in the whole situation. Ultimately, that's what I try to do too. And if I find similar traits in myself as I laugh at those who get under my skin and can include myself in the joke too, that's when I really feel that I've gotten above it all. Humor is my one spiritual experience...no,wait. sex too....and eating.....hmmm....making a quick buck has satori-like qualities....Well. I guess if I could have a good laugh while having sex in the course of a gourmet meal and get paid for it ...well, the genesis of another web-site niche is born...

You wouldn't have to feel bad about eating her, either.

Why not? Protein is protein... :scratch:

:HaHa:

Good point. I should be more specific. I wouldn't want her personality in my lifeboat.

Otherwise.....please pass the ribs.