Goodbye Jesus

New Bio-Chip = Mark Of The Beast?

LukeExChristian

For those who haven't heard, there is a bio-chip (cool name, I think) in development that is meant to be implanted into a persons' hand, it is (somehow) going to be used to replace currency and be used some what like that of a credit card. I only saw this recently but back in junior high I remember seeing an internet rumor about it claiming that THIS was the mark of the beast. hence in revelation somewhere that those who refuse to have the mark cannot make purchases or transactions. I have dismissed it since then as a hoax, but it's awful weird that now it has come up again. This is NOT a fulfillment of any prophecy, I want to believe. But at the same time, WANTING TO BELIEVE something was what I have only recently entangled myself out of.

Christians will tell you that the prophecy in the old testament that a messiah will come was fulfilled by Jesus. But the Jews will disagree that while it's a divine prophecy, Jesus was not it. I bring this up because this is what this situation reminds me of.

Anyone have anything else to say on this?

Back in the 1980's the bar code scanners used in retail stores were going to be the Mark of the Beast.  Every time one of these predictions turns out wrong the fundies don't say that their religion is wrong.  Nope, they go looking for the new Mark of the Beast.  This time is no different than all the others.

• Like 1

There's actually been a chip on the market for about 15 years called Verichip I used to trade this company's stock and yahoo message boards for the company used to be flooded with posts from fundy kooks saying it was the mark of the beast lol. The shareholders loved that...

Since it's from the bible, it's purely fiction.

Put it in your left hand-- then you will be fine!!

• Like 1

Luke--- more than likely, you are hearing this from Christian sources or conspiracy sites who like to skew things to fit what they believe will be some sort of prophecy fulfillment. It could be that there are companies who might be developing chips that can go into our bodies but that certainly doesn't make it the mark of the beast. You have to have someone asking as if they are a Jesus and wanting to be worshipped before you can take his mark, right?

I used to worry a lot about this as well because I saw something about microchips in the body and then started looking things up on the net-- and boy, was that a big mistake!! I ran across all kinds of horrible sights that went on and on about Verichip and other companies-- but a lot if their information was twisted to make it more scary.

I think that if it ever gets to a point where a company markets a chip in your hand that can be used as a credit card, they will have tons of people freaking out--- just like Mike D stated happened with Verichip. And most likely, the company will offer alternative locations, like the wrist or forearm in order to stop the bad press.

Also--- I recently saw an article on implantable and just about all are in development for healthcare reasons-- although there were a few computer geeks who were using implants to open doors, turn on computers and the like. It used the same technology as Near Field Communication, which is what credit cards with chips use. But, this type of thing appeared to be in its infancy.

I am not sure how many people would buy into this type of thing. There would need to be major security for this type of thing. . And, you can remove a biochip. I don't think the mark of the beast was intended to be something you could have taken out! Just a thought.

it is not the chip,,,, www is the mark of the beast,,,,, NOOOOO , it is the credit cards,,,,, maybe it is the smart watch from apple, or maybe samsung,,,, Dragon rises from the east? probably samsung or xiaomior huawei,,,,,,,

Luke, I remember being worried when barcodes came out in the 1980s that they were going to be the mark of the beast.  This is just fundies trying to scare people.

Guest afireinside

A workmate talks a lot about the "Mark" coming in. I asked him why we can murder, rape, steal and God forgives us but if we get a mark then our names are erased from the Lambs Book of Life. his response was that its the ultimate rejection of God. I think if it came to feeding a family Gods got to be pretty cruel to punish us for using necessary means that harm nobody. Why would God allow us to be forced into that choice anyway?

How can your name be erased from the lambs book of life if you're not a christian. Your name wouldn't be in the lambs book of life to start with, or its christians getting the mark, and it negates scripture that says "no man shall pluck you from my hand". When the bible is looked at objectively, the contradictions are so obvious. Manipulative little fucks.

mark of the beast?

christian apocaliptic just egoist people that want the world to end sooner and go to heaven

anything can be mark of the beast and yet the doomsday predictions always failed

Guest afireinside

How can your name be erased from the lambs book of life if you're not a christian. Your name wouldn't be in the lambs book of life to start with, or its christians getting the mark, and it negates scripture that says "no man shall pluck you from my hand". When the bible is looked at objectively, the contradictions are so obvious. Manipulative little fucks.

Exactly.

A sin committed by a Christian is supposedly forgiven through atonement. If a Christian can be lost by simply getting some mark then that salvation is pretty flimsy and we can start calling God Butterfingers

• Like 1

Have a look at all the phrases that add up to 666. Given some letters have really high numbers, it's not that difficult to alter phrases to create the desired total smile.png

Edit: forgot to add 666 phrases (source http://real-world-news.org/numerics/english-gematria.html )

Words that calculate to 666

Mark of Beast = 666    Bio Implant = 666    RFID Scanner = 666    RFID Body Tag = 666     E-Identity = 666    Digital ID Chip = 666    A Satanic Mark = 666    Sorceries = 666    Witchcraft = 666    Necromancy = 666  

Image of Satan = 666    Mondex Chip = 666     Monetary = 666    False Market = 666    Verishield = 666    Monsanto=666     Lustful = 666    Satan's Seal = 666    Satan Cult = 666    Papal State = 666    Vatican Hill = 666  

Fatima Miracle = 666    Islamic Lies = 666    Sharia Laws=666    Book of the dead =666    Kissinger = 666     Gray Aliens = 666    End Time Alien = 666  

Cities and cults 

New York = 666    Waco Texas = 666     A Branch Davidian = 666     Geneticist = 666    Vaccination = 666   Sun Moon = 666 (found by Falemon)

Almost 666 but not quite 

Osama bin Laden = 660    Adolf Hitler = 660 

• Super Moderator

If I remember right, the book of revelation says the mark of the beast will not be made available until after the rapture and after the anti-christ comes to power.  Since I haven't seen jesus lately and since I'm not yet ready to take control of the world, I'd say it's just a bio-chip and nothing more.

i recently came out to my boss that i didnot believe in god. which sparked a hot discussion. (another story) then during my lunch break i saw this news story and it triggered feelings i got back when i was a christian. im sure if i had given it some time i could have found enough reasons to debunk it. but im still glad i did post this and i am glad this got talked about. i'll most certainly link this forum post to others in the future whenever this being related to the mark of the beast BS comes up.

Luke-- what was the source of the news story? Hadn't heard anything like this recently. Also-- what was the name of the company?

Luke-- what was the source of the news story? Hadn't heard anything like this recently. Also-- what was the name of the company?

uh... it was on NBC news... with BRIAN frickin WILLIAMS. m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YJsxMcAJoA

It would be difficult to have an implantable chip as the mark of the beast since the beast of Revelation 13 was Nero. I don't think they had microchips some 2,000 years ago. ;)

Ok Luke-- I actually saw this clip a few years back. It originally aired in 2007 and was talking about future ideas. The biochip that they showed was actually Verichip and the company recommended placement n the upper arm-- and the first part of the clip was related to using the chip to keep track of your medical records. The rest of the clip talked more about biometrics and using that technology to replace ones wallet.

I was freaked out when I first watched this clip and saw the biochip being held in the guys hand but then realized that they were not stating it would go into the hand.

Funny though-- when I pulled up your clip, I noticed a big outrage over some self care kiosks at Walmart that have barcode scanners on them. Some dork took a video of himself at the kiosk showing that the scanner was on the right side where you hand could go. I checked the company to find out more about the barcode scanner and they stated it was there for loyalty cards etc or even phones with barcodes on then so people could track their blood pressure and the like. I was also checking out a few comments on another sight and someone mentioned that RFID chips don't need to be scanned-- so if you are close enough proximity, the machine should be able to read your chip (if you had one in you). This just shows the hysteria with this type of technology!!

And good point OF-- Luke, you may want to check out Overcame Faiths 10 reasons not to fear--- I think it is pinned in the Ex Christian Life forum. He talks about microchips. I was one of the people he was working with.

I try to stay away from all the crap in the internet related to these types of things. They have been so twisted. Since you actually pulled up a rather old clip that has been co-opted by Christians as proof of the end times-- I might offer you the same advice!!

I think Tony Robbins demonstrates it best when he instructs his audience to count the number of brown jackets before asking them how many red, yellow and burgundy jackets were counted as brown because the brain will happily distort what it sees to suit its search criteria.

• Super Moderator

Just to be redundant, I'll also attest to the big hoopla over the invention of the barcode technology that sparked the same fundy blustering at that time. 

All my life (and that's a considerable chunk of history!) I have seen every technological advance depicted as a prophetic fulfillment and every natural disaster was a sure sign the end was here.

I got over it; everyone should.

• Super Moderator

Just to be redundant, I'll also attest to the big hoopla over the invention of the barcode technology that sparked the same fundy blustering at that time. 

All my life (and that's a considerable chunk of history!) I have seen every technological advance depicted as a prophetic fulfillment and every natural disaster was a sure sign the end was here.

I got over it; everyone should.

Hey, remember when the Procter and Gamble symbol was the mark of the beast?

p&g.jpg