Goodbye Jesus

Jesusin' Up The Joint

Dhampir

I just thought up the term 'Jesusin' up the joint' earlier today and thougth it was funny.

Anyway, I work for some extremely devout Catholics. All around the office, there are all sorts of religious icons to be found: Memorial to the old Pope, pictures of the new one. A holographic picture above the walkway that morphs from Mary to Jesus (and if you stand at a certain angle, it looks like a bearded woman :lmao: ).

The other day, I noticed that the level of christ memorabilia is on the rise. The kitchen area now has a large, mass-manufactured mural of the last supper (wherein the apostles actually look Jewish) that shows things like the damn barcode on it from the laziness of whoever took scissors to it. There's also a bunch of christian calendars everywhere, which prompted me to come up with the title for this thread.

All that in addition to a plank of wood paneling that the boss swears has the image of christ on it, and is therefore sacred, and an honest-to-god Altar in the back room that looks rather satanic at first and scared the shit out of me the first time I happened back there.

Fortunately, they don't seem to care about forcing their religion on us directly, however, I find myself a bit alarmed at all this christ memorabilia.

Anybody else know of anything like this?

Edit: I claim originality credit for coming up with the term 'Jesusin' up the joint'. And any similar variation.

Sorry pal, I've been in a Catholic home for over 2 decades, and Jesusing has been used quite regularly for a good long time.

I recall the last time I used Jesusing it was in this manner.

MOM, can't you put all your madonnas and Jesus pictures in your room? I see, you just bought this house, and you would rather Jesus up my room with your junk than put it all where you have to see them!

They're still up here, but in the hall-way :twitch:

I wonder what would happen if you start giving lucifer a wall to wall homage? Not that s/he is any more real.

Guest XAshleyX

My mom works for Florida Hospital which is owned by Sventh Day Adventists and they have pictures of jesus EVERYWHERE! In their E.R. they have a huge painting of a doctor sitting at his desk looking over his notes with a huge figure of jesus peering over his shoulder whispering in his ear. The doctor has a surprised, almost excited look on his face and it makes the picture look perverted in a way. I laugh every time I have to go in there. I would go somewhere else but thats what my insurance covers so I have to put up with it... Damn SDAs.

My mom works for Florida Hospital which is owned by Sventh Day Adventists and they have pictures of jesus EVERYWHERE! In their E.R. they have a huge painting of a doctor sitting at his desk looking over his notes with a huge figure of jesus peering over his shoulder whispering in his ear. The doctor has a surprised, almost excited look on his face and it makes the picture look perverted in a way. I laugh every time I have to go in there. I would go somewhere else but thats what my insurance covers so I have to put up with it... Damn SDAs.

:lmao:

Bas-tards!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha it reminded me of the With You Always drawings. It's really funny because it looks like Jesus is making fun of them behind their backs. :lmao: Check this one out :

You know you can end this right here, right now.. just press the gas and let loose the steering wheel.

Trucker_.jpg

It's not hurting you, is it? Then stop worrying about it.

Just as you have a right to practice your beliefs, so they have a right to practice theirs. It can be a bitter experience for ex-Christians with a bad history of the religion - but that doesn't take away that right. I sorta get the same feeling in my grandparents' condo - they have a lamp with a stained-glass shade with a cheap plastic "painting" of the Nativity on it that was probably purchased from National Corny Tchotchkes, Inc., and I always look at it and think, "Aw, geez - how stupid." But I'd never suggest they should take it down for me.

That being said, since your story was about Catholics, I've seen cornier Catholic decor before. I worked until last week in a nursing home as a housekeeper. In December an old lady died in her room and the family came by and cleaned it out. One of the items they mercifully took with them was an actual oil painting of JP2 and JFK walking in a field together, side by side, with baskets on their arms, sowing seeds into the soil with their free hands. Now THAT was an ugly piece of shit.

sdfhsrtys traeraertvqarey hzxghdf gfc dfvxrsfgzsdfaeryhgzdesgzsde ywsyghaes6t45hbw yhaertg wv4trhgaedrs6g5w3b trer7uhn4yudgfy6jkm,89io6trf5y

Sorry, I'm finding it hard to edit here.

Just got a little testy. Had a big argument over religious rights with my father today, so I'm a little peeved about the first post. So, um, yeah. Respect.

Sorry to get off my rocker.