Goodbye Jesus

Israel Vs. Palestine

Asimov

I decided to do a poll! How many of you think the situations in the Middle East regarding Israel will lead to a collapse and a major war?

ME is a powder keg, IMO, and anything could set it off.

Asimov,

Is it a general question or somewhat related to Ariel Sharon's condition?

In addition, is it possible to modify the poll?

Yes could be 'Yes but not soon' (methinks), or 'Yes and soon'.

No could be 'No, not right now but possible in the future', or 'No, never, I don't think it will happen'.

I vote Yes then, although not Yes-and-soon.

Three major religions all known for barbaric treatment in thier past and sometimes present all have their holy sites around there. Yeah, they will come to blows again I'm sure.

Three major religions all known for barbaric treatment in thier past and sometimes present all have their holy sites around there. Yeah, they will come to blows again I'm sure.

If that ever happens, I hope the Holy land gets fucked up big time. When a bunch of children fight over a toy, it usually gets broken.

I decided to do a poll! How many of you think the situations in the Middle East regarding Israel will lead to a collapse and a major war?

I voted yes, Where there's enough zealots there is war. Sadly I think it will come faster due to the tragic situation with Sharon. My heart goes out to all of those involved on both sides.

I voted yes, Where there's enough zealots there is war. Sadly I think it will come faster due to the tragic situation with Sharon. My heart goes out to all of those involved on both sides.

Or maybe, without the influence of a strong but brutal man like Sharon (and Arafat too for what it's worth), the more moderated parties will gain more strenght, and slowly the situation could even get better. I'm not usually optimistic, but Sharon did so many awful things during his lifetime that I couldn't care less if in his last months he decided to create his own brand of moderate party, and his illness is fully deserved.

I fear the role of Iran in a possible Middle East war. A bit.

I fear the role of America in a possible Middle East war MUCH MORE.

*throws her 2 cents on the ground* :)

With Sharon's current health and the recent statements by the Iranian PM, I'd say there's a good chance, but it's really going to boil down to who replaces Sharon if he can't hold office anymore. He went from being a staunch conservative to a much more moderate position. If his replacement picks up where he left off, there might be a chance. If the replacement is more like Sharon was...

IMHO, as long as there are fanatic numbnuts of three dangerous cults all obsessing about one country, and one place within that county (the Temple Mount) specifically, the question of war is not "yes or no", but "when".

Maybe we should move in EAC troops and cut them off from their "holy molehill" all the same. Let them bitch and moan somewhere else. :Hmm:

I am not sure if the ME will collapse, but I am almost certain it will. Those nitwits all think their imaginary friend is on their side and hold onto their myths like life preservers in a flood. Israel wants to be the top dog, and so do the Arabs. No one will compromise, and no one will listen to reason for long.

I can't blame Palestine for being upset. Israel has no special right to their territory, and if they weren't being bankrolled by the US, they would have been pushed into the sea a long time ago. Personally, I'm all for withdrawing all aid and support from the region and letting them all slug it out. At least there won't be as many troublemakers to deal with when the shooting finally stops.

Besides, if there were major problems over here, we all know none of them would help us out, so screw them all.

Yes.....within three years, is my guess. Mark the date. ;)

And no, I'm not a prophetess.

with all the stiring there, it's gotta come to a head sooner than later.

wtf is wrong with people?

If that ever happens, I hope the Holy land gets fucked up big time.

:twitch::ugh:

Do you really hope that?

Nature, Art, and people all destoyed?

I'm undecided, but since the founding of Isreal it could have happened. I see no reason why it would happen now.

Dont hope for war or death...but if it was turned into an irradiated sea of glass, no one would fight over it for a long time.

No. This shit has been going on for a thousand years- since the cruisades. And it will continue long past our lifetimes.

No. This shit has been going on for a thousand years- since the cruisades. And it will continue long past our lifetimes.

Yeah, but in the times of the crusades they fought with arrows, swords, and axes. Considering Iran may well be trying to build a nuclear weapon, and Isreal already has them, the potential for mass destruction is exponentially higher than it was 1,000 years ago.

I wonder if its just bluster about Iran nuking Isreal? I mean, if they did, they would have to know that thier country is finished. Question is, would they care? Never can tell with religious nuts.

I wonder if its just bluster about Iran nuking Isreal? I mean, if they did, they would have to know that thier country is finished. Question is, would they care? Never can tell with religious nuts.

That's really what this whole discussion boils down to. We've seen time and time again the tendency of Muslim extremists to blow themselves up in the name of allah. Is a whole nation willing to do it? With their islamic fundy president leading the nation to fulfill the prophecy of the coming of the 12th inmam (sp?), and chrisian extremists everywhere looking out for the 2nd coming ofchrist and the apocolyptic battle with the antichrist, the possibility looms.

When people start using "Iran" and "antichrist" in the same sentence, especially if they are in the top levels of the US gov't, start getting worried.

Your right, I know first hand how stupid and irrational an islamic fundy can be, and there's no telling about those crazy bastards. But the majority of the Arab/Ismamic world is more talk than anything else. I really do not think that Iran will be willing to destroy the land, as well as the Dome of the Rock, just to kill a few Isrealis. You want predictions, how about this: In the next 5-10 years, the liberal young people (college students, ect) will overthrow the Mulahs. But really, Who knows?

In Iran, I mean. thats where thre college students and young people are tired of strict islamic rule. We in the Western nations had our rennassance 600 years ago. I believe the muslim world is about due thiers. Although I believe that it will be gradual and probably not get underway in our generation.

Like Sofia, I'm no prophit, but having traviled all over the Middle East, from Egypt, Israel, and now Iraq, I see the extreme, fundy, muslems becoming the minority. Most muslems just want to live thier lifes in peace and tolerence. Most of them admire us Americans and want to be like us. And they are beginning to see the terrorists for what they are. Here in Iraq, the populace is turning more and more against the insurgents and terrorists. They are tired of the bombs and shooting. And they are the ones that are rising up to take charge of thier future.

Anyway, enough of my rant. Lets just say that the Middle East will eventually settle down, as the impact of religion declines over here.

I say let them have the nuclear bomb. America sure didn't comprehend the meaning of the word "consequences" until WE started fucking around with that shit.

These countries only see us as meddlesome world-police, perhaps their tunes would change if they were permitted to make the same mistakes we made. Yes. It would cost MASSIVE lives, and that is devestating.....but sometimes lessons need to be learned over for them to sink in.

Perhaps we could short-cut, and actually hope these people learn from history. Take the leaders of Iran to Russia, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki. Give them the full-color nastiness that not even WE have all seen. The stuff they've shown the public is heart-rending.....but you can bet there's stuff held back that was too much for the general public. Show them. Show them the consequences of the Chernobyl meltdown, the decades of cancer and birth defect, and lands that won't be safe for use for who knows how long.

Show them EVERYTHING......then let them have nuclear capability. If they use it for energy, fine. But if after all the warnings, they nuke Israel......well. A nation that cannot comprehend consequences doesn't desrve to be a nation....does it?