The eagles soar above us,

the deer runs through the wood,

and somewhere born today

is a child who is good.

The Heavens stir in concert,

stars twinkle in the sky,

but Becky has got cancer

and will die at 35.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Damn, Cerise!

I could be wrong, but I think I heard an

explosion when I read the last two lines. :twitch:

Very well done. :notworthy:

You Cerise, when I first came here, I thought that you were just a self absorbed bitch that was pimping her writing. I have to be honest. ;) But the more I read your stuff, the more I am blown away. You are incredibly good, and I hope to see some published works of yours someday (do you have anything yet?). This poem is especially good. The change in style at the end is somehow very effective.

Bravo, girl. This one earns you a medal. :Medal:

You Cerise, when I first came here, I thought that you were just a self absorbed bitch that was pimping her writing. I have to be honest. ;)
I have to comment on this. :lmao:

For what little I know of Cerise, I feel extremely confident in stating that she is one of the least self-absorbed people that I know. Yeah, she can be bitchy at times, and she has admitted to that. She has her reasons for that. And those reasons far outweigh any criticisms anyone can give for her being that way.

She's cool.

Just remember that the next time she goes off on a rant. :HaHa:

I don't know if I should expect a beatin' for saying this or not. :twitch:

LOL Yes, I figured, Fweet. I no longer think she's self-absorbed. :) Just confident, at least in her online persona. ;)

You Cerise, when I first came here, I thought that you were just a self absorbed bitch that was pimping her writing. I have to be honest. ;) But the more I read your stuff, the more I am blown away. You are incredibly good, and I hope to see some published works of yours someday (do you have anything yet?). This poem is especially good. The change in style at the end is somehow very effective.

Er...thanks? :huh:

I will cop to the "bitch" label and admit to first degree writing pimpage but I plead the 5th for the self-absorbed charge.

And no, I never send stuff out to be published. I have a problem with over editing. Everything I post here is work in progress, from recent writings like this poem, to ones started in 2001 and still being refined. I'm overly picky, you see. So in order to send stuff out it has to be, well, finished. And my stuff never seems to be.

:shrug:

I will now proceed to beat Fwee.

Because it's necCessary.

I love reading your work. I understand how sharing your work with us is a glimse into your soul. It's very personal and lays bare who you are for all to see. Thank you for trusting us with it.

Taph