Goodbye Jesus

Christians Please Stop Being Arrogant

Roz

And then it's a global Caste system, a One World Theocracy. Great. I imagine the Caste would look like this....

Chosen Christians>Super Christians>Good Christians>Shitbox Christians>Seventh Day Adventists

I want to know why you put Mormons ahead of Seventh Day Adventists. Or weren't they in the "Shitbox Christian" caste? :)

• Super Moderator

Maybe the Anti-Christ IS Christianity!

Most of modern christian teaching runs contrary to what jesus supposedly "taught", in my experience, at least.  Hey, I think we might be on to something here, fire.  But, damn it!  I was hoping I would get to be the anti-christ.  Fuck all.

• Super Moderator

but but but....

how about my god, jonathan?

You can still worship jonathan, all the way up to the guillotine that the christians will put you on for praying to a false god.

Guest afireinside

And then it's a global Caste system, a One World Theocracy. Great. I imagine the Caste would look like this....

Chosen Christians>Super Christians>Good Christians>Shitbox Christians>Seventh Day Adventists

I want to know why you put Mormons ahead of Seventh Day Adventists. Or weren't they in the "Shitbox Christian" caste? :)

The Christians would say they aren't genuine Christians so they're excluded haha

Guest afireinside

The Christians would say they aren't "genuine"Christians so they're excluded haha.

but but but....

You can still worship jonathan, all the way up to the guillotine that the christians will put you on for praying to a false god.

Even though I have a definite proof that jonathan is real?

tc3miJO.jpg

• Super Moderator

but but but....

Even though I have a definite proof that jonathan is real?

tc3miJO.jpg

If christians could be swayed by proof, do you think there would be any christians?

impose their will and intolerance?

when christian put 10 commandments it's makes them special

so for the sake of fairness, every religion need to have an equal opportunity to put their religion motto, symbol or part of their holy book too

for example, Islam should have the same opportunity to  put syahadah in government building or buddhist can have an equal opportunity to put small buddha statue in the court room and so any other religion

and atheist can put their FSM or goddes of eternal lolly 

The 10 Commandments are not of Christian origin.  They are of Jewish origin and are part of that religion's "The Law".  Indeed, most Christians claim the Jewish "The Law" was fulfilled by their new sky fairy Jesus and (further) claim that they are not bound by the Jewish "The Law".  Accordingly, these Christians are not bound by or subject to the original 10 Commandments.

Keep in mind that most of the Ten Commandments predate the Jewish religion, dating back to much earlier civilization.  No religion created them.  They were formed by societal consensus.

• Like 1

so for the sake of fairness, every religion need to have an equal opportunity to put their religion motto, symbol or part of their holy book too

for example, Islam should have the same opportunity to  put syahadah in government building or buddhist can have an equal opportunity to put small buddha statue in the court room and so any other religion

The 10 Commandments are not of Christian origin.  They are of Jewish origin and are part of that religion's "The Law".  Indeed, most Christians claim the Jewish "The Law" was fulfilled by their new sky fairy Jesus and (further) claim that they are not bound by the Jewish "The Law".  Accordingly, these Christians are not bound by or subject to the original 10 Commandments.

Keep in mind that most of the Ten Commandments predate the Jewish religion, dating back to much earlier civilization.  No religion created them.  They were formed by societal consensus.

Yes that is their true origin.  However the Christians have hijacked the 10 Commandments just like how they hijacked Christmas, marriage and so much of our culture.

Yes that is their true origin.  However the Christians have hijacked the 10 Commandments just like how they hijacked Christmas, marriage and so much of our culture.

"The thieves!  The thieves!  The filthy little thieves.  They stole it from us.  Yes, they did…my Precious."

• Like 1

the 8th commandment: You shall not steal

what an irony laugh.png

"There are many mysteries about God that I do not comprehend. I believe that even in

the Kingdom of God there will be things about God that will remain a mystery."    ironhorse

A "mystery", eh? From your point of view what is the different between a "mystery"  and a biblical account that is wholly inconsistent with a god who has the characteristics which you believe god has, e.g., omniscience  omnipotent,  Omnipresent, wholly good, fair and kind? I mean, do you call the genocide by the Jews ordered by god in the land of Canaan a mystery or a terrible crime? What about  his authorizing the killing of one's  slave under certain circumstances? Killing of one's son? Killing witches, (which never existed), and countless other acts that in the real world are crimes?

Do you think those things are ok if the bible says they were sanctioned by god? If so, why doesn't it create at least some doubt in your mind as to whether the bible god is real? Do you think your mind is infallible as to the existence of the bible god? Why do you avoid answering these kind of questions?    bill

the 8th commandment: You shall not steal

what an irony laugh.png

Well the Christians have always broken the commandment about graven images.  And technically they do have another God before the God of Jealousy.  Seven out of ten isn't too bad.  

Ponyboy and Clay, hmmmm, hey jesus, if you're real, can you give us better defenders of you than these two?

One dismisses Israeli atrocities the same way he dismisses god's atrocities (par for the course really).

Nope, things like this never happened, and let's manipulate US politics in order to keep sending Israel the highest percentage of foreign aid we can, for decades now.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/08/children-of-occupation-growing-up-in-palestine

Clay equates not putting up any religious artifact on courthouses as imposing and persecuting on christians.  It's the same as christians putting up their 10 commandments (really the wrong set anyways, read your bibles!).  Fascinating!  smiliejerkoff.gif

Ponyboy and Clay, hmmmm, hey jesus, if you're real, can you give us better defenders of you than these two?

One dismisses Israeli atrocities the same way he dismisses god's atrocities (par for the course really).

Nope, things like this never happened, and let's manipulate US politics in order to keep sending Israel the highest percentage of foreign aid we can, for decades now.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/08/children-of-occupation-growing-up-in-palestine

Clay equates not putting up any religious artifact on courthouses as imposing and persecuting on christians.  It's the same as christians putting up their 10 commandments (really the wrong set anyways, read your bibles!).  Fascinating!  smiliejerkoff.gif

They don't have much.  And, after a short time, they begin repeating the same shallow and misguided dogma.  But they try hard.  At least they have that.  After all, they have "faith".

Any atheist who is seeking to remove the ten commandments from a courthouse is seeking to impose their will and is displaying intolerance.

No, they are seeking to impose the law of the land. Our Constitution prohibits the government from promoting religion. Believe it or not, officially we still have a secular government, not a theocracy. Not yet, anyway.

The law of the land exists because a group of people chose to impose their will and are displaying intolerance of those who disagreed with that particular law. So my point still stands.

I think that a more practical request to make of Christians (or any other group) would be that they not impose their beliefs on others who disagree with them.

This is a strawman. Everyone in society attempts to influence the beliefs of others and this translates into the push and pull we see in the political process. Any atheist who is seeking to remove the ten commandments from a courthouse is seeking to impose their will and is displaying intolerance.

Really? you just pulled that out?   You know good and well that getting the 10 commandments removed from a courthouse has nothing to do with atheists spreading their beliefs.  It is them being responsible citizens and calling out the government when it fails to live up to the 1st amendment. 

Atheists do this because of their beliefs. Very simple. We all act based on our beliefs. It would be irrational not to do so.

If God can make three magically one but still three, a circle square seems obtainable.

Define a square circle?

Exactly, it's like defining 3=1=3=1=3=1

You can't because it is a logical contradiction, and it's reasonable to assume God cannot create a "circle square". Not because He is limited in power, but because it is a meaningless statement.

Because having no artifacts of faith in the courthouse is obviously the same as imposing to people that in the courthouse, there can be no god.

Hmmmmm...  That's some good logic. 

Any atheist who is seeking to remove the ten commandments from a courthouse is seeking to impose their will and is displaying intolerance.

This is a bald-faced lie and you know it perfectly well, OrdinaryClay.

The law of our land provides for the separation of church and state.  Placing the 10 commandments on a public courthouse defies the law of our land.  Atheists are not alone in wishing to rectify this, secular humanists and even satanists join them. 

Contrariwise, christians attempting to keep gays from being able to marry or making abortion illegal are attempting to impose their will and displaying their intolerance.

I've seen some pretty disingenuous arguments from you, Clay; but you really shouldn't stoop to the level of lying.  I think one of the very commandments you are attempting to defend here has something to say about that.

Clearly it was not a lie as I pointed out here. Any citizen who seeks laws is imposing their will on others. That's what a law is. Every citizen does it.

Define a square circle?

Define the trinity or triune god?

You can find it defined in multiple statements of faith.

Because god is obviously all powerful SUCK.gif

Then what he commanded to humans, he could've easily done so himself.

So when jesus/yaweh/allah commanded this:

1Sam 15:

Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

He expected people like Ironpony and Clay to stand to and obey.  It's their test of obedience, hup to christians!

Clay, what was it like, to kill infants and toddlers for jesus/yaweh/allah?  How did you feel as you ran your Israelite sword through their bodies and you heard their dying screams of agony?  Good job, soldier of christ.  Well done good and faithful servant.

You can't because it is a logical contradiction, and it's reasonable to assume God cannot create a "circle square". Not because He is limited in power, but because it is a meaningless statement.

Like so many, if not all, of your statements.

And they would all be seeking to impress their will. Note: I'm not arguing for allowing the 10 commandments in a court house. I'm pointing out that every citizen seeks to impose their will on other citizens when working to pass or enforce laws.

That said, of course I do believe that our society would be far better off if more people personally lived by the 10 commandments.

Really? Can you educate us all on the details?