Goodbye Jesus

Christians Please Stop Being Arrogant

Roz

Exo 34:

15 “Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.

17 “Do not make any idols.

18 “Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

19 “The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock. 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons.

“No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

21 “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

22 “Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year.[b] 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the Lord your God.

25 “Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Festival remain until morning.

26 “Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God.

“Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.”

27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

1. Careful not to make a treaty with your neighbors
  2. Don't make idols
  3. Party on the Day of Unleavened Bread
  4. Every firstborn is god's
  5. Honor Saturday
  6. Celebrate the Feast of Weeks
  7. All your men are to appear before god for inspection 3 times a year
  8. Don't offer the blood of a sacrifice to god with yeast, he fucking hates that shit!
  9. Your first harvest belongs to god
  10. Stop cooking goats in their moms' milk (yeah christians, that's important)

Verse 28 for emphasis:

And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

These are what was sealed in the ark of the covenant.  The eternal law of god smiliejerkoff.gif

The cultural and societal context in which the early Israelites existed was very different than today. I'm sure you are aware of this. The tribes surrounding Israel were extremely violent and engaged in hideous cruelty.

Archaeological Evidence for Human Sacrifice
http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/turkeycayonu.htm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1157784/Do-mysterious-stones-mark-site-Garden-Eden.html
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/b/baal.html

The question is still posed.  God commanded (that's ordered, in case you didn't know) humans to kill babies and toddlers.  Because everyone is doing shit, does that give you license to follow god's orders?  Good job, you christian nazi bastard.  You goosestep well.

When other civilizations were commanded by god to sacrifice children, that's evil and they should be destroyed!

When god commanded his SS troops to slaughter the defenseless, including infants and sucklings, that's to be understood in the context of that period, everyone was doing it!  And if you were living back then, you would feel justified in killing infants.

Good job, soldat.

• Like 1

No other civilization was commanded by God to to sacrifice children.

Bible quiz for those who understand the Bible. Does anyone know when the last tribal conquest ordered by God occurred in the Bible?

And you, if you were born into that specific civilization that god commanded to kill kids, would do it.  I know, you're a monster.  So is your god.

HAHAHAHA dodging when he's cornered.  How predictable.  Good show, nazi, good show.

• Like 1

Guest afireinside

If God can make three magically one but still three, a circle square seems obtainable.

Define a square circle?
Exactly, it's like defining 3=1=3=1=3=1

You can't because it is a logical contradiction, and it's reasonable to assume God cannot create a "circle square". Not because He is limited in power, but because it is a meaningless statement.

Meaningless statement...

Like Jesus saying he and God were ONE then saying MY(Jesus') GOD(Jesus' God) why have YOU(God)forsaken ME??(me is Jesus speaking)

Get it?

Guest afireinside

Was Jesus God or not?

Who sat at God's right hand while Jesus was on his Earth mission?

Who sits at God's left hand?

If God can make three magically one but still three, a circle square seems obtainable.

Define a square circle?
Exactly, it's like defining 3=1=3=1=3=1
You can't because it is a logical contradiction, and it's reasonable to assume God cannot create a "circle square". Not because He is limited in power, but because it is a meaningless statement.

Meaningless statement...

Like Jesus saying he and God were ONE then saying MY(Jesus') GOD(Jesus' God) why have YOU(God)forsaken ME??(me is Jesus speaking)

Get it?

Just because you don't understand the trinity does not make it meaningless. We just both agreed that a "circle square" was meaningless.

Afireinside, what they can't understand or comprehend they throw out or deflect.  That's par for the course eh.

Was Jesus God or not?

He is God.

Who sat at God's right hand while Jesus was on his Earth mission?

Who sits at God's left hand?

"God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

(Joh 4:24)

God does not have a physical body with hands.

The Bible makes it clear that there are things Christians won't and don't know. None of that makes any difference.

"God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
(Joh 4:24)

God does not have a physical body with hands.

Gen 1:

26Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

Remember, jesus didn't transform into 100% human until he came to earth.

Fail number 5.  Keep it coming, nazi!

• Like 1

Guest afireinside

God turned his back on Jesus, that illustrates seperation. A Siamese twin joined at the side can't turn his back on his brother

Guest afireinside

Gen 1:

26Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

Remember, jesus didn't transform into 100% human until he came to earth.

Fail number 5. Keep it coming, nazi!

What's the Christian phrase? Jesus was the visible image of the invisible God?

The Bible makes it clear that there are things Christians won't and don't know. None of that makes any difference.

And you make it clear that you, along with many, MANY other Christians, not only don't know but don't care that you don't know. But that won't stop you from trying to teach everyone else that they are the ones who are ignorant.

• Like 2

And you make it clear that you, along with many, MANY other Christians, not only don't know but don't care. But that won't stop you from trying to teach everyone else that they are the ones who are ignorant.

And THAT is arrogance. 

• Like 2

Guest afireinside

And you make it clear that you, along with many, MANY other Christians, not only don't know but don't care that you don't know. But that won't stop you from trying to teach everyone else that they are the ones who are ignorant.
Well put boftx. Ignorance is eternal bliss

Bible quiz for those who understand the Bible. Does anyone know when the last tribal conquest ordered by God occurred in the Bible?

When the New Testament rolled around God gave up on mere tribal conquest.  Now God wanted to rule the entire world.  And so Christians spread around the world bringing plague and the point of a sword everywhere they went.  And where ever Christianity took hold the natural culture and society was destroyed in favor of the invading culture.

The cultural and societal context in which the early Israelites existed was very different than today. I'm sure you are aware of this. The tribes surrounding Israel were extremely violent and engaged in hideous cruelty.

Just like God's chosen people.  Having God doesn't make you any different.  In the Old Testament the people of God were just as cruel and violent as everybody else.  Now Christians are just as bad as everybody else.  There is no God changing your life or making you are better person.

When the New Testament rolled around God gave up on mere tribal conquest.  Now God wanted to rule the entire world.  And so Christians spread around the world bringing plague and the point of a sword everywhere they went.  And where ever Christianity took hold the natural culture and society was destroyed in favor of the invading culture.

If that's your view, I suggest you read some books on history.

Guest afireinside

Revelation. God/Jesus conquered the tribe of man. It's already happened you know!

Is Ironhorse now saying the dark ages never happened? 

Is Ironhorse now saying the dark ages never happened? 

Yeah, Roz, I'm pretty sure he is.

Ironhorse, were you homeschooled or something?  No offence to homeschoolers who actually study history, but, c'mon!