Goodbye Jesus

Why Do Old People Love To Eat?

Mike D

I'm thinking we should be glad if our old people still have a healthy appetite and if food still tastes good for them. I've heard of people who lost their ability to taste, which takes away the pleasure of eating. 

• Like 1

I'm a young person and I love to eat too (though I'm careful not to go overboard most of the time). Perhaps a better question is, "Why do people love to eat?" 

"Im going to introduce a cigar to her soon to expand her world a litte.......lol"  Margee

Amen to that!  bill

I'm a young person and I love to eat too (though I'm careful not to go overboard most of the time). Perhaps a better question is, "Why do people love to eat?" 

It's one of the few ways to enjoy basic pleasure.  It's a pleasure of the senses. 

A lot of rituals and gatherings of family/friends revolve around food.  IMO it's a perfectly natural and healthy behavior.

I never cared much about food when I was younger- I had 'more important' shit to worry about.  Sure I had the appetite of three people- but I'd eat pretty much anything you put in front of me (except tomatoes).  I didn't know how to cook beyond just making something edible- and honestly couldn't have explained the difference between good food and bland, processed crap.  But now that I'm heading into middle age- which has both good and bad points for me- food has become more important to me.  I've actually made a long-term project of learning how to cook- not that I'll probably ever be truly GOOD at it... but I'd like to at least have a reasonable idea of what I'm doing and what goes into good food.  Matter of fact right now I'm enjoying some chili I whipped up that I'm pretty sure just about anybody- if they liked this much heat- would acknowledge as being pretty damn good.

But yeah, part of this is a function of slowing down.  I'm no longer physically busting my ass 50+ hours per week.  No longer really interested in partying.  I'm happily married and have been for well over a decade- I'm not out chasing women.  So I guess food is one of several interests that have filled in the gaps as others have fallen away.

"WTF do you young people know about retirement anyway!!"    Woodsy

Yeah, and wine goes well with anything, particularly  with growing old.  bill

• Like 1

In our defense, we nap too and a healthy poop is always appreciated.

ugh!

every fricken time my FIL is around he will eventually bring up the food question, "Where we eatin'?"

He's 76, shaped like a bowling ball and has the worst table manners of anyone I know. When there's food around he doesn't eat, he feeds........and not just once. He'll eat two plates, take a break and have a third. I can't stand to sit near him at the dinner table. It's like being in a pig pen when you fill the trough.

The stupid thing is that his cholesterol and blood sugar are off the charts and he doesn't understand why.

"WTF do you young people know about retirement anyway!!"    Woodsy

Yeah, and wine goes well with anything, particularly  with growing old.  bill

yelrotflmao.gif