Goodbye Jesus

Coprolites... An Interesting Note.

MrSpooky

I kinda/sorta promised a friend that I'd read and review "Finding Darwin's God" by scientist Kenneth R. Miller (don't worry, a REAL scientist) which seeks to first off show that Creationism/ID are bunk and are in fact harming religion more than helping, and secondly to reconcile evolution with a belief in God. Which is just peachy.

Needless to say, the book so far is well-written, and has a good level of professionalism. I do have SOME concerns with Miller on an abstract philosophical level, and I think his writing could be more effective in some places. However, it's overall a decent read... and an GOOD introduction to the issues for a novice.

Anyways, I just wanted to share a tidbit that I found interesting and haven't seen elsewhere...

One great potential area for YECs is the examination of coprolites... fossilized feces. That is, if contemporary biomatter could be found in ancient coprolites, it'd certainly put evolution in question! If a modern armadillo shell was, say, found in a coprolite from a T-rex, it'd certainly be some great evidence against evolution!

So come on, Creationists! Do your stuff! :woohoo:

I kinda/sorta promised a friend that I'd read and review "Finding Darwin's God" by scientist Kenneth R. Miller (don't worry, a REAL scientist) which seeks to first off show that Creationism/ID are bunk and are in fact harming religion more than helping, and secondly to reconcile evolution with a belief in God. Which is just peachy.

Needless to say, the book so far is well-written, and has a good level of professionalism. I do have SOME concerns with Miller on an abstract philosophical level, and I think his writing could be more effective in some places. However, it's overall a decent read... and an GOOD introduction to the issues for a novice.

Anyways, I just wanted to share a tidbit that I found interesting and haven't seen elsewhere...

One great potential area for YECs is the examination of coprolites... fossilized feces. That is, if contemporary biomatter could be found in ancient coprolites, it'd certainly put evolution in question! If a modern armadillo shell was, say, found in a coprolite from a T-rex, it'd certainly be some great evidence against evolution!

So come on, Creationists! Do your stuff! :woohoo:

I have actually read that book. Dr. Miller came to my university for a seminar, too... the seminar series was on science, faith, and vocation. :) He is a really smart guy... nice too. It is refreshing to see Christians who have no problems whatsoever with evolution.

I kinda/sorta promised a friend that I'd read and review "Finding Darwin's God" by scientist Kenneth R. Miller (don't worry, a REAL scientist)

One great potential area for YECs is the examination of coprolites... fossilized feces.

Have you heard Infidel Guy's I-veiw with him? Might want to check that out. Also, there was a reveiw of Miller's book in the Skeptical Inquirer over the summer.

Oh shit!

Hey, it's also a similar observation that organisms are invariably suited to their environment. Meaning, that the foodstuff's they consume come from that environment as they are adapted from that environment.

Kinda gives "frozen turd" a whole new significance...

Oooh. Do you have any links, Q?

Um, for the podcast, I have it, but don't know how to deliver it to you for the i-view.

As far as the review of Miller's book, the SI issue is... oh never mind, just found the issue. It's not Miller that's reviewed, but another OEC, A Matter of Days: Resolving a Creation Controversy. By Hugh Ross. (Skeptical Inquirer Vol 29, No. 2, March/April 2005.)

Now, I wonder how I got confused between one OEC creationsist and another> Hmm...

(Hope it helps my man.)

Ahh, yes, shit stones. Gotta love it... ;)