Goodbye Jesus

Creationists Are Screwed. Their Own Bible Diesn't Even Support Their Bs

srd44

No where does Genesis 1 speak of the creation of the planet Earth. The Hebrew eretz merely refers to land or earth as material substance, and in Gen 1:9 is explicitly referred to as "dry land."

The ancient Hebrews, and their Yahweh included I suppose, didn't even know of the planet earth. Here's an excerpt from my most recent post---I'm on a role---the full text you can fnd here http://contradictionsinthebible.com/genesis-god-creates-dry-habitable-land-planet-earth/

Thus far from presenting God creating Earth, a spherical planet orbiting a sun in one of many galaxies in infinite space (none of whose ideas existed to the authors of these texts and the God they portrayed in them), the text of Genesis presents its god forming the substance earth, that is dry habitable and flat land, from an initial formless, vacuous, and desolate piece of earth that now rests on the waters below and is encased within a finite area of space itself enclosed and defined by a solid domed barrier called the sky, which further functions to hold back the waters above!

All the translations I regularly check except one say that God created the heavens and the earth, either directly, or implying it by referring to when he did it. The exception is Young’s Literal Translation, which reads, “In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth...”

Of course, we all know there is a lie in every single one of those translations, as the original Hebrew says “elohim,” or “gods.” A distranslation in the very first verse of the very first chapter of the very first book! I don’t know how much more I can delve into this without knowing ancient Hebrew.

Your assessment of how the ancient Hebrews viewed the universe is the only view that makes sense in light of the first half of Genesis 1, and agrees completely with the notes and diagram that accompanied my Roman Catholic translation.

But if you think the Buybull doesn't support the creationists on creation, wait till you see what the Buybull says about abortion!