Goodbye Jesus

People Make Me Sick!

Mr. Neil

I'm so fucking disgusted! This is something that got posted on a webcomic community I happen to be a part of.

The comic in the link is not the subject of my disgust, although it is relevent, so you should read it before continuing on to the part that disgusts me. It's what appears in the comments following the comic. I've seen a lot of Christians cry "context!" whenever they get caught saying something ugly, but this has to be about the lowest attempt to justify bigotry I've ever seen.

Just read this.

http://penguinnews.smackjeeves.com/comics/16072/

The comic in the link is not the subject of my disgust, although it is relevent, so you should read it before continuing on to the part that disgusts me. It's what appears in the comments following the comic. I've seen a lot of Christians cry "context!" whenever they get caught saying something ugly, but this has to be about the lowest attempt to justify bigotry I've ever seen.

Some people are idiots... the problem is they are in charge of the country right now. It makes no difference whether it's Bush or Pat Robertson. They are both the same, Bush is just less vocal about his biases - and he's too damn vocal :shrug:

Yeesh.

What an immature little prick. How is it, when typing a message requires more thought and concentration than verbally blurting something, do we manage to see the same stupid mindless crap?

Surely the act of typing the words and looking at them is more than enough for most people to self-correct and say "Wait a sec...."

I'll bet apologists have a harder time pushing their shtick on the internet than they do real time because of the diff between the verbal and the textual.

Cross your fingers Mr Neil. Anyone with anything of value between their ears will look at that exchange and see the prejudice this twit has conveyed as a "given"

What is it with xians and this context bullshit? Do they even know what the word means?

What is it with xians and this context bullshit? Do they even know what the word means?

No.... literalist Christians do NOT know what the word "context" means. If they did then when they read the two creation accounts in Genesis "in context" with each other they would see that there are two conflicting accounts and take a serious look at "creationism". :wicked:

Ugh.

Some people will justify anything so they can get away with doing it.

I know, right? They just automatically say that. You can point out any horrific statement expressed by a fundy, and they'll immediately cry "CONTEXT!". And my response to that, which is an echo to something I heard on Hellbound Alleee once, is THIS NEEDS CONTEXT?! What context could possibly make bigotry acceptable?

I have to agree...What the Fuck kind of Context mitigates these statements (other than Robertson stroking off on air, or attempting to get ratings by baiting others)? If there is some context, then the guy claiming it had damn well better have the fraggin' quote with context right there to drop in his post (or should at least be able to state the background).

Sometimes I think they got it right in Dune, that most peple are just animals that look like humans. :banghead:

good 2006 all. neil, i understand your frustrations with that person. they are convinced that bro pat's words were taken out of context, when in fact when read it seems to me that he had every intent on his words. everything was said, because it was meant.

I can't imagine a noninsane nonbiggoted nonmoronic context that would legitimize "these things go hand in hand" immediately after discussing nazis, satanists and homosexuals.

So we have our context - Pat Robertson is an insane biggoted moron.

Isn't the CONTEXT argument kind of the antithesis of the (anti-)moral relativism argument so loved by fundies?

When someone is accused of the 'crime' of moral relativism by fundy, isn't that the same as being accused of relating the morality of an action to the context of the situation?

In the mind of a fundy, everything is absolute! They shouldn't even be using the context argument!

I know, right? They just automatically say that. You can point out any horrific statement expressed by a fundy, and they'll immediately cry "CONTEXT!". And my response to that, which is an echo to something I heard on Hellbound Alleee once, is THIS NEEDS CONTEXT?! What context could possibly make bigotry acceptable?

I'm seeing that too now. Everything I post is screamed at CONTEXT... and then a post or two later, they'll post something, or even in reply, with OUT OF CONTEXT bumper sticker shit. WTF?

If you call them on context, they say it's fine.

Get them fucking MIRRORS

Everything they accuse, they're guilty of.

And what's this persecution shit? It's like freakin bragging rights. I saw one thread about martyrs and someone said Islam has more and the guy had to prove that Christianity LEAD in the martyr department.

I don't know what real persecution is, I guess killing someone maybe? Nobody they accuse of doing it want to KILL them, just to fucking wake up and become Humans, IN this world, with the REST of mankind. You can even keep your beliefs, just accept others don't AGREE.

I couldn't care less what other people say bout the things I believe, if it shows me I'm wrong, I'm grateful to them. If it reconfirms I'm right, then that's good enough, no hard feelings.

They WANT World Peace, but THEY are the ones blocking it.

"We want world peace... as long as you all start believing what we tell you to, then we'll have it"

"That's NOT how it works, pal. Sorry." :)

nazi's were hardcore republican totalitarians. were do people get this shit of "hitlery" and nazi/homos are the same thing. hitler was rumored gay just like jerry falwell is addicted to oxycontin and preachers fuck male prostitutes. a sorta perversion and not healthy homosexuality.

besides didnt nazis kill homos?