Goodbye Jesus

Feminist Threads, Cue Trolls

Orbit

Here is my deep academic pronouncement: people in general need to check their bullshit. Men, check your bullshit. Women, check yours.

The feminist straw (wo)man is about as boring as the atheist straw man. Atheists are hateful, evil, and eat children for brunch. Feminists want to cut your dick off.

There's a lot of needless stereotyping and demonizing going on when people talk about gender. It's just not necessary, and the level of paranoia and vitriol surrounding feminism by some posters is epically ridiculous.

/rant

• Like 9

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

QFT

It's because feminazi stole their icecream.

• Like 2

The only 'vitriol' I've seen on these threads has been from End3 and maybe Popadope. And we all know they're a little um... special.

Otherwise any disagreement has been pretty tame.

• Like 2

The only 'vitriol' I've seen on these threads has been from End3 and maybe Popadope. And we all know they're a little um... special.

Don't forget Burnedout.

Don't forget Burnedout.

I'm not sure I'd call his schtick 'vitriol'. Looks to me like he's just having fun with his rather aggressive brand of ignorance. Not the same as vitriol.

• Like 1

No, not at all. I get pissed cuz Im not sexist and haven't been making sexist remarks. Yet I keep getting called sexist because I despise the bigotry and ugliness of radical belligerent and unreasonable shoots of feminism.

That makes up a tiny percentage of women and the minority of those who identify themselves as feminist. So you can stop calling me sexist. That is a common way rad fems label those who call them on their bullshit! Not cool

If you and NZ were on the same side then people would think you are the same person.  You both have the exact same posting style.  Over generalize!  Over generalize!  Over generalize!  Don't call me sexist!

If you want to be in the middle then you can't talk like you are on the fringe.

• Like 1

If you and NZ were on the same side then people would think you are the same person. You both have the exact same posting style. e.

We r also both mentally ill. I wonder if we share a diagnoses. wink.png

Actually I have suffered from depression in the past .  This does not mean I am "crazy" or "mentally ill".  

We have nothing in common.  I know how to post politely on an internet forum, for starters.

No, not at all. I get pissed cuz Im not sexist and haven't been making sexist remarks. Yet I keep getting called sexist because I despise the bigotry and ugliness of radical belligerent and unreasonable shoots of feminism.

That makes up a tiny percentage of women and the minority of those who identify themselves as feminist. So you can stop calling me sexist. That is a common way rad fems label those who call them on their bullshit! Not cool

If you and NZ were on the same side then people would think you are the same person.  You both have the exact same posting style.  Over generalize!  Over generalize!  Over generalize!  Don't call me sexist!

If you want to be in the middle then you can't talk like you are on the fringe.

You're just upset because feminazi stole your icecream.  There is plenty to go around, y'know.

• Like 2

You are always polite eh?

Like when you told me to "fuck off!"

It doesn't offend me however. Quite amusing actually.

Sometimes the situation warrants making an exception.  You can still fuck off actually.

You seem to spend a lot of your time and energy being a troll.  The best response to trolls is to not feed them.  I am going to do return to doing my bit and take away some of your food again.  Bye.

If saying the female gender is more gifted with the abilities and instincts for nurture is an overgeneralization..guilty as charged

It is. It's part of a widespread problem called "essentialism" that suggests that there is a core "essence" to men and a core "essence" to women that is universal. It's part of what feminism rightly resists, because it's harmful to everybody.

If saying the female gender is more gifted with the abilities and instincts for nurture is an overgeneralization..guilty as charged

It is. It's part of a widespread problem called "essentialism" that suggests that there is a core "essence" to men and a core "essence" to women that is universal. It's part of what feminism rightly resists, because it's harmful to everybody.

Il Papa concentrates on women's supposed nurturing "essence" because he resents that his feminist mother didn't stay at home to look after him as a child, and his catholic upbringing taught him to revere Mary, "Queen of Heaven".

Is there a difference between men and women?  I've never noticed any.

• Like 1

Give it up, Pope on a Rope.  Tell us where you get your statistics from.  Oh, and why you know about it.

It's important to remember this:

"5+7 = 3+9"

Why that is important to remember is because "equal to" =/= "identical".

If Equality meant everyone is the same, that would mean that there would be no individuality. Equality means that anyone is just as free to try their hand at anything they want. It means they can spend their time and live their lives with as much choice and freedom as the next person, regardless of the differences between them. Equality is the notion that two people are different without one of them being inferior to the other.

There are differences between men and women and that should be acknowledged.

That also does not excuse over generalization either. Gender roles assigned by culture and society are not the same thing as Biological differences, the two should not be confused.

Just because one gender is more likely to behave some way or do a specific task, it does not mean that the other cannot do it and will not perform just as well in the same role.

It's also important to remember that equal does not necessarily mean "fair". That's something many Feminists seem to forget as well.

I think a lot of people in these movements need to step back and ask themselves if they want to be treated fairly or with equality. They are not the same thing and they are often mutually exclusive.

03483.png

I agree that Equality is worthy goal, but I also think many people don't know the difference between equal and fair. Equality is giving everyone the same thing. Fair is giving everyone what they need.

I think many people in these rights movements should be careful what they wish for. Real equality is better than what exists now, but it's also not all positive change either.

• Like 6

You wouldn't know a radical feminist if she bit you in the ass. You have never met a radical feminist, because if you had, you would know that the phrase radical feminist does not mean "man hater". Sorry if this is a bit strong, I admit to being in a shitty mood. Don't hold it against me too long, k?

• Like 1

Well Orbit I think most of "us anti-feminists" have no problem with feminism as it is officially defined. What pisses us off is misandric bitches who claim to be feminists while fucking up everything with their insanity. For both sides, for men (well duh!) and for the reasonable feminists because it creates the impression that "ah so this is feminism. This craziness".

You know, crap like that recently-referred-to-in-the-TOT-forum "all sex is rape" et cetera.

It would be nice if *cough* certain people *cough* would understand this. Not you, mind you... certain other people.

Here is my deep academic pronouncement: people in general need to check their bullshit. Men, check your bullshit. Women, check yours.

The feminist straw (wo)man is about as boring as the atheist straw man. Atheists are hateful, evil, and eat children for brunch. Feminists want to cut your dick off.

There's a lot of needless stereotyping and demonizing going on when people talk about gender. It's just not necessary, and the level of paranoia and vitriol surrounding feminism by some posters is epically ridiculous.

/rant

And to continue the pointless conversation is not going to help what you say here...

The last feminist I met did not try and cut me up. She was actually open minded and wanted all the things men wanted in the world. She wanted them and she got them and I can't say I was unhappy about it. Control is overrated, parternship is where the fun is at.

Well Orbit I think most of "us anti-feminists" have no problem with feminism as it is officially defined. What pisses us off is misandric bitches who claim to be feminists while fucking up everything with their insanity. For both sides, for men (well duh!) and for the reasonable feminists because it creates the impression that "ah so this is feminism. This craziness".

You know, crap like that recently-referred-to-in-the-TOT-forum "all sex is rape" et cetera.

It would be nice if *cough* certain people *cough* would understand this. Not you, mind you... certain other people.

Then you should realize that the way to advance that agenda is to ignore extremists instead of focusing on them. Focus on the common ground of how patriarchy hurts both women and men, and actively support feminism. Be a voice that supports equity and opposes oppression. 

I have defined myself as a feminist for nearly 20 years now, and I only ever encounter those "extreme feminist" voices when some man is throwing them out to complain about feminism. 

• Like 1

Then you should realize that the way to advance that agenda is to ignore extremists instead of focusing on them. Focus on the common ground of how patriarchy hurts both women and men, and actively support feminism. Be a voice that supports equity and opposes oppression. 

I have defined myself as a feminist for nearly 20 years now, and I only ever encounter those "extreme feminist" voices when some man is throwing them out to complain about feminism. 

People should complain about individuals if they need to. It makes it much easier to have a civil conversation about it rather than those that like to complain about an entire gender.

You wouldn't know a radical feminist if she bit you in the ass. You have never met a radical feminist, because if you had, you would know that the phrase radical feminist does not mean "man hater". Sorry if this is a bit strong, I admit to being in a shitty mood. Don't hold it against me too long, k?

arguing rape culture seems radical to me

• Like 1

The only difference is men are more likely to piss on the toilet seat. Statistics state that 99% of the urine on toilet seats is male.

Okay... Now.THAT was fucking hilarious! BWAHAHAHA!!!!!

*okay, back to.reading*

Tee-hee!

ur

arguing rape culture seems radical to me

I have fully explained the concept of rape culture to you on another thread. There is noting "man hating" about wanting a culture that makes it unthinkable to rape, especially where rape occurs at an alarming rate. If you choose to think otherwise, that's your prerogative.