Goodbye Jesus

Psst... We Have A New Theist

FreeThinkerNZ

He says Jeebus was not a god, and he seems not to be a xian.  But it should still be entertaining to watch.  BTW, Darwin was wrong, therefore god.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/62847-why-are-we-here/?p=958161

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/62850-if-the-material-universe-created-manwoman-and-the-earth-out-of-nothing/?p=958153

pssst... why are we whispering?  I feel like Black James Bond.

He seems harmless, I am curious how he knows there is 1 god, 1 supernatural entity.  Not 2, not 3, not over 9000, but 1.

pssst... why are we whispering?  I feel like Black James Bond.

He seems harmless, I am curious how he knows there is 1 god, 1 supernatural entity.  Not 2, not 3, not over 9000, but 1.

Lol, Black James Bond :)

I dunno, I sorta didn't want to scare him away before everyone got a chance to play with him.

I wish I could be half as certain as some of these people. Gads, they're so RIGHT on so little information. I can't be that RIGHT even after devouring the entirety of Wikipedia. Just once, just once, let me be so perfectly bloody confident ...

I wish I could be half as certain as some of these people. Gads, they're so RIGHT on so little information. I can't be that RIGHT even after devouring the entirety of Wikipedia. Just once, just once, let me be so perfectly bloody confident ...

You know you could always reconv... zDuivel7.gif

Here's my bet of 5 spotted goats that he's a Muslim.  Also, my 2nd choice, JW.

I actually enjoy that he explicitly claims to believe in one or more gods, but does not believe in Jesus. This is, after all, an ex-Christian forum rather than an atheist forum. Not sure I approve of his views on evolution, but again this isn't a science forum, and I'm not here to debate science.

Fundamentally, I can usually find some significant ground with any person who does not believe in an eternal hell for people who reject Jesus.

• Like 1

What's wrong with having a theist here?

Not all Ex-C's are atheists. Just a reminder.

I'm just curious as to who this 1 god he claims is...  He said "One True God..."

Here's my bet of 5 spotted goats that he's a Muslim.  Also, my 2nd choice, JW.

Heh, I've actually never met a Muslim creationist. Usually they're more concerned with proving that the Bible is corrupted but not entirely wrong, and that Jesus was a mortal prophet who told of Mohammad's coming. If he's a Muslim this would be an interesting turn of events for me.

He does seem to criticize jesus a bit in his posting.  Now he's hesitant when pressed to give the name whereby he calls his 'creator'

Rest assured, Black Bond will stay on it zDuivel7.gif

True, although he is not an ex-c either.

I am guessing by his "man didn't come from monkeys"; "jesus wasn't god" and "the trinity was a satanic plot" assertions that Roz is right to bet his goats on him being Muslim.

• Like 1

My apologies.  I meant we have a new argumentative-prosyletising-sanctimonious-theist-of-some-kind.  Quite a different thing to all our lovely deists, pantheists, theosophists and so on.  I should have been clearer in the thread title.

add the fact that he's just dodged the question when asked point blank.  What name do you call your god?  He said in his opening he wanted a respectful conversation.  If you state that you're a theist and that you don't believe in evolution, it would be polite to give the name you call your god.

Maybe he's ashamed of his god. (?)

I really don't understand why a true believer would hide his god's name. It's kind of apostate.

pssst... why are we whispering? I feel like Black James Bond.

He seems harmless, I am curious how he knows there is 1 god, 1 supernatural entity. Not 2, not 3, not over 9000, but 1.

You could ask him, but he'll just insist that

He already answered that in a previous post, and use special pleading to "prove" his point.

For the record, I'm betting Muslim.

I have no problem with him being here. I enjoy a respectful debate with a theist if he knows how to actually make a case. But this guy is using every fallacy in the book. My favorite parts are when we all give him the explanations he is asking for, then he turns around and says we have not answered his questions. Refusal to acknowledge and address responses with a continual insistence that we haven't addressed his points pisses me off. I'm done with this idiot.

I'm not impressed with his continually insistence on things being true with no evidence and then wanting "respectful" discussion while telling us we're all going to be judged when we die for what we believe. 

If you want respectful discussion, start by showing respect to where the people you're talking to are. And show respect by answering the questions directly put to you.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

He might be Mike Ramey who posted on the main blog.  I've asked him -- we'll see if he'll give us a straight answer.    

See post #132 here:

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/62850-if-the-material-universe-created-manwoman-and-the-earth-out-of-nothing/page-7#entry958512

If it is the same guy, we've got a new chew toy.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I'm not impressed with his continually insistence on things being true with no evidence and then wanting "respectful" discussion while telling us we're all going to be judged when we die for what we believe.

If you want respectful discussion, start by showing respect to where the people you're talking to are. And show respect by answering the questions directly put to you.

Truth!

I really don't understand why a true believer would hide his god's name. It's kind of apostate.

Maybe his god has no name.  Maybe its like the people in Athens that Paul referred to -"to the unknown God"

Is that possible?

Maybe his god has no name. Maybe its like the people in Athens that Paul referred to -"to the unknown God"

Is that possible?

Of course. But why not just say that instead of dodging the question?

• 2 weeks later...

The confidence is a mask. It is either their insanity actually over shadowing reason OR they just act well in that they really are just full of doubt all the time.

The confidence is a mask. It is either their insanity actually over shadowing reason OR they just act well in that they really are just full of doubt all the time.

It's called faith. Faith = Blind Certainty.

oh good we have a new pet.