Goodbye Jesus

Psst... We Have A New Theist

FreeThinkerNZ

oh good we have a new pet.

You do realize that if you wanted a theist to mess with, you always had me, right? Or does my being a good sport drain the act of it's amusement?

You do realize that if you wanted a theist to mess with, you always had me, right? Or does my being a good sport drain the act of it's amusement?

Bhim... you've seen the level of insanity that the monotheists have here right?  The amount of mind-bending logic they use to try and justify their infallible book is astonishing.

You're OK in my book, you don't threaten anyone with everlasting fire. 

Now if you were to say "convert to Hinduism or else Vishnu will castrate you when you least expect it!"  Then we'll carve you up just like these christians zDuivel7.gif

• Like 2

I've known many Hindus, and they so far (I havnt been to Asia) have not been brain dead, harmful, nor idiotic. I've never been attacked for how I am born, never had a Hindu try to take my rights away, nor try to make me feel like Im a inferior being. Nor seen them do those to other people. Unlike the abrahamic scourges. So I have no beef with Hindu, same with Pagan, and NeoPagan religions, and faiths.

Heh, I love you guys too. Mostly I was just reminding you all that I'm always open to discussing matters of general theism. Granted my ultimate conclusions will usually boil down to "meh, it works for me."

Fully agreed on the collective disdain for people who force their religious practice on anyone else. Indeed, I've found that my fellow Hindus are generally loathed to commend their own beliefs or practices to anyone who isn't interested (the religion itself allows for about six different schools of thought). The only Hindu I know who forces me to do anything religious is my wife...and even she tolerates my being religious without being spiritual.

Heh, I love you guys too. Mostly I was just reminding you all that I'm always open to discussing matters of general theism. Granted my ultimate conclusions will usually boil down to "meh, it works for me."

Fully agreed on the collective disdain for people who force their religious practice on anyone else. Indeed, I've found that my fellow Hindus are generally loathed to commend their own beliefs or practices to anyone who isn't interested (the religion itself allows for about six different schools of thought). The only Hindu I know who forces me to do anything religious is my wife...and even she tolerates my being religious without being spiritual.

See, I'm okay with that. If you or anyone else who are religious believers understand that you believe what you do because it works for you, while at the same time respecting others for believing what they do, and you know how to contribute to the betterment of society (or at least not use your religion to degrade it), then I have no problem with you. I generally don't have any problem with anyone because of their beliefs alone. I have a problem when they use dishonest tactics to discredit other people's beliefs, and when they try to enact policies based in their religious beliefs that will only dampen progress or infringe upon the rights of others. I'm all for respectful discourse and disagreement. It keeps my thinking sharp.