Goodbye Jesus

Identical Twins-One Soul Or Two?

Guest afireinside

My father is a triplet and on numerous occasions has experienced something and known his brother has been feeling the same thing-almost telepathically, this has happened when they are in different countries, sometime without seeing each other for a while and have rung and asked if the other is sick or in pain etc and they were experiencing simultaneous things.

Do Christians dismiss the idea that one conception produces one soul or multiple souls/spirits whatever?

If my dad goes to hell is it a given that both brothers will inherit the same fate? Does Calvinism apply to multiple births or can one sibling be saved the other lost?

I believe in none of that but interested to hear theological ideas on how God sifts triplets or how he's going to sort out Octomums children come JD....

I believe each person is unique and has a soul. Two or more people don't share the same soul.

I'm not a Calvinist. 

God sorts it all out.

My father is a triplet and on numerous occasions has experienced something and known his brother has been feeling the same thing-almost telepathically, this has happened when they are in different countries, sometime without seeing each other for a while and have rung and asked if the other is sick or in pain etc and they were experiencing simultaneous things.

Do Christians dismiss the idea that one conception produces one soul or multiple souls/spirits whatever?

If my dad goes to hell is it a given that both brothers will inherit the same fate? Does Calvinism apply to multiple births or can one sibling be saved the other lost?

I believe in none of that but interested to hear theological ideas on how God sifts triplets or how he's going to sort out Octomums children come JD....

I believe each person is unique and has a soul. Two or more people don't share the same soul.

I'm not a Calvinist.

God sorts it all out.

So before my Clone and I diverged, you reckon I had only one soul? But when a hairy wart fell off my ass and grew into my Clone- the Holy Spook magically conjured up an extra soul just for that wart? I'm not too sure about that as my Clone seems just as soulless as I am.

See, when I was three weeks old I came down with a nasty case of pneumonia. I was legally dead at one point. They resuscitated me- but I'm pretty sure it was to late. Not having been baptized, my cute little baby-soul did not pass go and went directly to hell... which helps explain the soulless mechanical-animal trolling you right now.

I wonder how my little baby-soul is doing in hell. Do you think the devil molests me?

I'm not a Calvinist.

God sorts it all out.

So before my Clone and I diverged, you reckon I had only one soul? But when a hairy wart fell off my ass and grew into my Clone- the Holy Spook magically conjured up an extra soul just for that wart? I'm not too sure about that as my Clone seems just as soulless as I am.

See, when I was three weeks old I came down with a nasty case of pneumonia. I was legally dead at one point. They resuscitated me- but I'm pretty sure it was to late. Not having been baptized, my cute little baby-soul did not pass go and went directly to hell... which helps explain the soulless mechanical-animal trolling you right now.

I wonder how my little baby-soul is doing in hell. Do you think the devil molests me?

My wife gave birth to twin girls. They were born premature and died.

Not being baptized has nothing to do with salvation.

I'm not a Calvinist.

God sorts it all out.

I'm really sorry that that happened to y'all.

But as for the unbaptized babies going to hell thing- a preacher told me that. To be specific, he was a preacher with the Missouri Synod Lutherans in late 2006. I told him that was one of the most disgusting things I'd ever heard- and challenged him to bring that up in front of all the old church ladies in his next sermon. He said he would... And I think we both know he lied.

I'm not a Calvinist.

God sorts it all out.

But as for the unbaptized babies going to hell thing- a preacher told me that. To be specific, he was a preacher with the Missouri Synod Lutherans in late 2006. I told him that was one of the most disgusting things I'd ever heard- and challenged him to bring that up in front of all the old church ladies in his next sermon. He said he would... And I think we both know he lied.

He did lie Rank Stranger.

And thank you and afireinside for understanding our loss of the twins.

I'm not a Calvinist.

God sorts it all out.

I mean that he lied about preaching that in front of the nice old cburch-ladies. You and I both know he pussed out. But just the same his doctrine is no less valid than the 10,000+ other versions of Christianity.

I mean we're talking about a 'god' here who drowns babies- and will supposedly send YOU to hell if you were to grow some balls and tell him to go fuck his baby-drowning self.

Why would such a nasty baby-drowning god be above sending babies to hell? Lots of your fellow Christians reckon he does.

I'm not a Calvinist.

God sorts it all out.

I am sorry, Ironhorse.  That must have been very hard to go through.

I have lost a twin as well, but the boy made it.  Just the girl died.  When it happened I was a christian and I believed she had a soul.

Sometimes life sucks.  

I'm not a Calvinist.

God sorts it all out.

I mean that he lied about preaching that in front of the nice old cburch-ladies. You and I both know he pussed out. But just the same his doctrine is no less valid than the 10,000+ other versions of Christianity.

I mean we're talking about a 'god' here who drowns babies- and will supposedly send YOU to hell if you were to grow some balls and tell him to go fuck his baby-drowning self.

Why would such a nasty baby-drowning god be above sending babies to hell? Lots of your fellow Christians reckon he does.

There's only one true version of Christianity, but there are 10,000 or more false versions out there.

Where do you get this idea that God sends babies to hell?

I'm not a Calvinist.

God sorts it all out.

I have lost a twin as well, but the boy made it.  Just the girl died.  When it happened I was a christian and I believed she had a soul.

Sometimes life sucks.  

Yes indeed...sometimes life sucks. When the doctor came out and told me it was like

a ton of bricks fell on my head.

Sorry to hear of your loss of the girl. I know it hurt.

It's good to hear your son made it through. 

I'm not a Calvinist.

God sorts it all out.

Sometimes life sucks.  

Yes indeed...sometimes life sucks. When the doctor came out and told me it was like

a ton of bricks fell on my head.

Sorry to hear of your loss of the girl. I know it hurt.

It's good to hear your son made it through. 

Multiple pregnancies are more risky that people realise.  Sorry, Ironhorse.

I'm not a Calvinist.

God sorts it all out.

There's only one true version of Christianity, but there are 10,000 or more false versions out there.

Where do you get this idea that God sends babies to hell?

Like I said, I got the idea from this Lutheran preacher who stopped by one time and tried to sell me some Jesus. He didn't know what he was gettin his self into :)

As for there being only one true version of christianity- that's a pretty common sentiment. You hear that from all kinds of christians- who can't even agree among THEMSELVES what that 'true' Christianity is. Why would I believe your version over the Wesleyan nonsense I grew up with? Or the Baptists who said I was going to hell? Or the JoHo's Witness who told me that HIS Christianity was the only correct one? That's one sorry baby-drownin god you've got there when even y'all sincere Christians can't figure out his fuckin divine truth.

But there's ONE explanation that makes sense of all this- and it's a simple one: christianity is a hodgepodge of fear and mythological bullshit. See how elegantly that explains all those problems, doubts, and contradictions that you're afraid to even THINK about?

This one true version of Christianity cannot be yours, IH.

We've already proved that several times. 

But each time we've done that you've ducked out. 

No.  Once again... I won't be telling you which where this happened.  If you want to defend this true version of Christianity that you think you hold to... find them yourself.

• Super Moderator

The one True ChristianityTM states that you are to "be in the world, but not of the world".  Your appreciation of Bob Dylan, U2, and other secular artists is just plain worldly, Ironhorse; therefore, you are not a True ChristianTM.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny enough, I was thinking about this today, but within the context of conjoined twins= one or two souls. In the USA (I think) there are conjoined twins, two heads, effectively on one body (some of the major organs are doubled up), if the soul is in the brain, then fair enough, but if it is in the body, and one twin is a theist and the other atheist, then what?

Pointless question until souls are proven.