Goodbye Jesus

Why, Oh Why?!?!

Fweethawt

Whenever I'm visiting Ex-C I'm usually using my tablet (1st gen Nexus 7). At some point -- the exact time of which went totally unnoticed by me -- all of the linked YouTube videos within everybody's posts just shows up as a black rectangle on my screen. I can click (touch) on them all day and nothing happens. They just don't work!

Does anybody have a clue what the problem is? I always keep my tablet and apps properly updated so, I'm kind of lost here.

*help*

Sounds like flash is playing up. Does it do it in another browser? If not, try deleting your app and reinstalling.

Android doesn't support flash by default.  You can try setting your YouTube up to play HTML5 as default to see if that helps (it worked for me sometimes) but a quicker solution is to switch over to Dolphin browser and use its flash add-on (I forget what it's called...both are in the play store for free...you have to turn the add-on on in the browser settings).  That's what I use on my Note 10.1 2014 and YouTube works nice and sweet.  You can search for other solutions but depending on which version of Android you're running they may not work too well (KitKat killed my older flash I was using and Adobe doesn't care).

mwc

• Like 1

I'm getting a kick out of this thread because I'm vieweing it on the Nexus 7 tablet. I just bought a Bluetooth keyboard, so my posts should be now more intelligible.

I'm getting a kick out of this thread because I'm vieweing it on the Nexus 7 tablet. I just bought a Bluetooth keyboard, so my posts should be now more intelligible.

I remember your first few posts on your tablet.

Pretty funny stuff... Ha-ha!

The touchscreen can be a pain in the ass for sure.

Sounds like flash is playing up. Does it do it in another browser? If not, try deleting your app and reinstalling.

Delete are install which app -- YouTube or my browser (Dolphin, BTW...)

Delete are install which app -- YouTube or my browser (Dolphin, BTW...)

If you already have Dolphin then try looking here if you're running KitKat.  Be sure to remove your old flash (the usual way in settings) to avoid any conflicts with the new version.  The old one just stopped working one day when they pushed KitKat out to me and I screwed up by not removing the old one first (not a big deal really).

Your YouTube app has nothing to do with playing embedded videos in your browser so just focus on Dolphin, Jetpack and Flash.  If worse comes to worse uninstall all three of those and then reinstall them.  It should all work then.

mwc

Its working now. Thanks to -- well, nothing!

It just started working.

Thanks for the help.

Whenever I'm visiting Ex-C I'm usually using my tablet (1st gen Nexus 7). At some point -- the exact time of which went totally unnoticed by me -- all of the linked YouTube videos within everybody's posts just shows up as a black rectangle on my screen. I can click (touch) on them all day and nothing happens. They just don't work!

Does anybody have a clue what the problem is? I always keep my tablet and apps properly updated so, I'm kind of lost here.

*help*

jesus hacked your tablet in order to shield you from all the depraved, atrocious, evil, god-hating videos we put up.