Goodbye Jesus

Lgbts Beaten By The Bible-Belt

unbuckledreads

It's harsh down here and since I'm still in the closet...it hurts me when I hear my dad say things like LGBT's should be put in camps, killed, or that it's ok to discriminate. Such hatred. It makes me not like him at all. I'm currently looking for a teaching job out of state so that I can live my life without having to feel like I have to look over my shoulder so much.

• Like 1

Welcome unbuckledreads

We have a number of lgbt forum members here, me included. I discovered this site 11 years ago and never tire of it.

Enjoy yourself and welcome.

IBF

Wow. Amazing!

I have to confess that I was loosely involved with a "relational" ministry--that did have an "ex-gay" component (in which I was not involved). Still, I want to apologize to you for my involvement in that group. These groups are harmful.

I'm glad you are finding your way! :-)

Hi JT, 

I'm so sorry for what has happened to you in the name of this fictitious "christ". I'm sorry you were forced to choose between who you are and your own family. I'm not sorry that you made the right choice and stayed true to yourself. I'm sure your road to "recovery" (from the christian hell and judgement) has been hard but it has made you a stronger and better person. I look forward to reading more of your posts! :) 

MI

Hi!