Goodbye Jesus

Screw You And Your Abbreviations!

Fweethawt

I'm actually getting sick of reading threads where the posts contain abbreviations that are completely meaningless to mostly everybody. If I have to Google what an abbreviation means, I don't even bother reading any further.

I'm not lazy. I just think if people are going to post about a topic, they should write everything out so as to eliminate the guesswork.

Like the one in Off Topic about 'Mrgoz's and mrar's'!

I mean -- really? Wtf?

Type that shit out...

Lazy pricks...

• Like 1

If you hate abbreviations or acronyms, don't ever get a job working for the government! They use a mind-boggling amount of acronyms, and it gets extremely frustrating to have "communication" that doesn't communicate anything because of using completely unfamiliar acronyms.

Anyway, regarding message boards, I also don't care for the use of unfamiliar abbreviations and acronyms. I think some people do it because they're using hand-held devices that take a long time to type out what they're saying. That itself can be frustrating, which is why I personally rarely post from my cellphone. I don't use the shortcuts myself, other than an occasional "btw" (for "by the way," which I think is pretty well known).

• Like 1

The voice-to-text option leaves absolutely no excuses for any device 5 or so years old and newer.

Most of the time, voice-to-text is more accurate than how a lot of people type. And its fast once you learn how to speak to it.

• Like 1

What citsonga said. I thought I'd intuitively figure out Gov acronyms, but it takes a god few months to adapt to the basics when you start working.

oh fwee, fod, iow, I do what I want /cartman voice

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

WTF?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

LMAO    (I had to look up Mrgoz's and mrar's too!)

WATRA Fweethawt? 

ROFLMFAO

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

WATRA Fweethawt? 

Margee---WTF does WATRA mean?  It isn't in the Urban Dictionary. But I did find a WATRA Church Goods Store and a WATRA Nightclub in Chicago.  Big difference between the two!   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif yelrotflmao.gif lmao_99.gif GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

WATRA Fweethawt? 

Margee---WTF does WATRA mean?  It isn't in the Urban Dictionary. But I did find a WATRA Church Goods Store and a WATRA Nightclub in Chicago.  Big difference between the two!   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif lmao_99.gif  yelrotflmao.gif  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I made it up for FW....you'll have to guess buff.....lmao_99.gif I'll tell ya later.....yelrotflmao.gif

• Super Moderator

WATRA Fweethawt? 

Margee---WTF does WATRA mean?  It isn't in the Urban Dictionary. But I did find a WATRA Church Goods Store and a WATRA Nightclub in Chicago.  Big difference between the two!   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif lmao_99.gif  yelrotflmao.gif  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I made it up for FW....you'll have to guess buff.....lmao_99.gif I'll tell ya later.....yelrotflmao.gif

You're a BAD girl Margee!  Love it!   lmao_99.gif

Guest Marty

WATRA Fweethawt? 

We Atheists Think Religion's Asinine?

• Super Moderator

The more abbreviations and acronyms you use, the cooler you are.

AAAT!!

• Like 1

I must have missed the thread on 'Mrgoz's and mrar's.  What do they stand for?  Google doesn't want to tell me.

• Like 1

I got my Microsoft systems engineer certification in 2001. It was about 90% memorizing what I called TLA's , or three letter acronyms.

• Like 2

I got my Microsoft systems engineer certification in 2001. It was about 90% memorizing what I called TLA's , or three letter acronyms.

I got my MCSE a couple of years before that. Now I do more work on Linux-based platforms.  I don't remember having to memorize that many acronyms. 

• Like 1

TL;DR

• Like 1

This thread is F.U.B.A.R.

• Like 2

Fuckin' Universally Bizarre And Ridiculous

Fuckin' Universally Bizarre And Ridiculous

Indeed.   Fucked up beyond all repair.

• Like 3

If you hate abbreviations or acronyms, don't ever get a job working for the government! They use a mind-boggling amount of acronyms, and it gets extremely frustrating to have "communication" that doesn't communicate anything because of using completely unfamiliar acronyms.

The acronym has invariably been brainstormed by one or more people who were trying to be clever, so even if you're lucky enough to hear an acronym that you're not familiar with expanded, it might not mean anything to you.

• Like 1

Which itself is a well known TLA.

• Like 1

Which itself is a well known TLA.

MCP is a TLA.  MCSE is an FLA. Both lead to an FML.

not really  :)

• Like 1

WATRA Fweethawt?

I have no clue what this means... *shrug* :-)