Goodbye Jesus

The Facts On Islam

ShackledNoMore

While spring cleaning, I came across an old booklet of my mother's entitled, "The Facts on Islam."

Before sending it off to its rightful destination at the city dump where the rest of her apologetics went, I decided to give it a quick read.

Now Islam is no better than Christianity, of course, and in current times it has become arguably worse what with so many deaths from the faithful flying airplanes into buildings, and strapping bombs on themselves that they detonate in public, and with female oppression and genital mutilation, and killing apostates and all that, but in addition to the brazen misrepresentations contained in that book ("Allah," for example, rather than the Muslim version of the Judeo-Christain god, is instead a deity from the pre-Islamic Arabian pantheon who was elevated to the supreme God), I don't think I have ever seen greater irony.

Check out this gem, for instance:

Most people...would accept that a genuine revelation from God should contain the highest moral and ethical teachings possible--like those in the Bible.  [emphasis mine]  What do we actually find in the Koran?
the Koran "contains fantastic visions and legends, teaches a childish ceremonial, and justifies bloodshedding, persecution, slavery and polygamy."

Wendybanghead.gif

By the end of the booklet, it walks the reader through to the conclusion that the Koran was actually a demonic revelation, presented by a demon posing as the angel Gabriel.  Then it wraps up using the template from a standard born again xian religious tract, with an invitation to say "the sinner's prayer" that it writes out, and instructions to write them after you say the prayer so that they can send you some "helpful materials about growing in the Christian life."

That doesn't even scratch the surface, of course, but I wanted this to be a short post.  I was embarrassed just reading the booklet.

Wendybanghead.gif

Oh no!  This belonged in "Rants and Replies!"  If a mod could move it, I would be much obliged.

Isn't christian literature wonderful!

I've kept one Bible, for reference… the rest is long gone!

I just use the Internet, mostly biblegateway.com.  For that matter, I read the Koran and the Book of Mormon electronically, too.

Guest Marty

Please recycle, instead of sending it to the dump.  Religion has done enough damage to planet earth.  At least by recycling it it can be made to wipe someone's ass or nose in the future...

Marty, that's an excellent idea, and the thought of putting the paper to a better use in its next life brightens my day.

Honestly, the only reason I don't recycle the few books I don't keep, sell, or donate is because I thought that they couldn't be recycled with the other recyclables and I'd have to take extraordinary pains to figure out what sort of recycling center to send them to, and then to get them there.  There are only 48 4 x 8 pages in this booklet, though, and it would be a quick and easy matter to remove them for recycling while I figure out the more general problem of how to recycle books.

...Unless, of course, any of you guys might know what the easiest way is...

Reminds me of a book I read about the Mormons when I was still an xian. The author was xian, but seemed to build a pretty decent case why the Mormon church was a fraud. Had he applied the same level of critical thinking to his own beliefs, he too would do be an exer. Ironically, I too missed that point back then.

Please recycle, instead of sending it to the dump.  Religion has done enough damage to planet earth.  At least by recycling it it can be made to wipe someone's ass or nose in the future...

Huh! I never thought of recycling my bible before wiping my ass with it!

I'll bet its much more comfortable that way. Thanks for the suggestion!

And just imagine the added benefits of recycling. If turned into tp, odds are, you'll get a few xians to wipe their ass on the holy screed.

you could even start a fb scare where the truly deluded will boycott tp and perhaps suffer the sears catalogue like their grannies once did.

• Like 1

I think it was Dane Cooke that did a stand-up piece about atheists dying and their bodies rotting into the ground becoming food for trees that get turned into bibles.

And just imagine the added benefits of recycling. If turned into tp, odds are, you'll get a few xians to wipe their ass on the holy screed.

you could even start a fb scare where the truly deluded will boycott tp and perhaps suffer the sears catalogue like their grannies once did.

This could be an olive branch between xians and muslims now that they both have hangups about wiping their ass.

In other news: bidet sales skyrocket.

• Like 1