Goodbye Jesus

Attitudes ...

Darklady

The way anyone responds to it, likes it or dislikes it thrives on it, is bored by it is a reflection of his own thinking.

Very insightful, Moanareina.

Think the poem reflects the emphasis on marriage....waiting and such. Remember my wedding day and we both got ready in the same house as we were already living together. Remembering that the whole event had lost it's luster because there was nothing unseen/unhad prior to marriage. This doesn't mean that I did not enjoy the premarital sex nor the presence of my wife, but just the unknown and anticipation and joy in that anticipation was lost. Kind of like there is no point in waiting for Christmas morning if you already know what the present is.

Sex is fun, but I think the anticipation is also part of the specialness....

Guest Marty

Until that first night when you realize you just pledged your life to someone who is not compatible in bed.  

Ah End

I think you fall for that christian lie...that it would have been all more fulfilling and blessed if you waited.

You know, you can also celebrate christmas and then wait for your birthday to open the presents and oh bummer...it was a great chocolate cake that is all rotten by now...just saying. Analogies fall short. Always. Especially those christian ones.

Also I think, even though I am not married and in no relationship now, marriage should not be so much about commitment and all that stuff. Commitment is needed when there is no love. I see it more like a celebration of a relationship that has already gone through some jumps and hoops. That anticipation and waiting stuff is so filled with expectations...I bet you would have been disappointed because you would have put too much to it.

Just some thoughts.

I still think that everybody's different.  Some people truly feel fulfilled waiting for sex til marriage.  Others see no sense in it.  Plenty of others fall somewhere in between.

The writer of the poem obviously thinks people should wait, and they will find great value in it.  If both the man and woman agree, then that's right for them.

I have differing views, so my poem would indeed be more about a fruit basket with different fruit jumping in and out as they please!  But I can see how that could possibly creep some people out!

I can read a poem like that and ignore it as it means nothing to me.

Having been married twice, I would suggest that marriage does indeed involve sex, but after you're married a while one find that marriage is more about a lot of other day to day stuff and just being nice to each other through it all.

Think the poem reflects the emphasis on marriage....waiting and such. Remember my wedding day and we both got ready in the same house as we were already living together. Remembering that the whole event had lost it's luster because there was nothing unseen/unhad prior to marriage. This doesn't mean that I did not enjoy the premarital sex nor the presence of my wife, but just the unknown and anticipation and joy in that anticipation was lost. Kind of like there is no point in waiting for Christmas morning if you already know what the present is.

By afternoon the excitement of the Christmas presents has worn off.

• Like 1

I can read a poem like that and ignore it as it means nothing to me.

^^ What you said.