Goodbye Jesus

Jesus...a Jerk?

bfuddled

The list of Jesus's delicts, torts, misdemeanors, and felonies is very long.  Here are a few off the top of my head:

1. Cursing the fig tree.
  2. Using derogatory language to refer to other people (e.g, dogs, vipers, pigs, etc.).
  3. putting his stamp of approval on cruelty, inequality, exploitation and entitlement mentality in his parables.
  4. Claiming to be God when there is no way that he could possibly know whether or not this was true.
  5. Advising anxious people to cut off their hands and gouge out their eyes.
  6. Assault, battery, destruction of property (marketplace in the temple courtyard).
  7. Advising people to abandon their families.
  8. Failing to contribute to his community through marriage & child-rearing.
  9. Failing to contribute to his community through worthwhile economic activity.
  10. Teaching doctrines such as divine curses.
  11. Predicting the imminent end of the world with no basis.
  12. Creating a new religion.

Joshua Christos openly pours contempt and ridicule on the religious authorities, a huge sin in itself. The Pharisees and Sadducees were the ministers, deacons, elders, and priests of their time, and Joshua goes punk rock on their ass at every given opportunity. Creating a new religion where the gentiles, not Jews, have control over the Bible was the greatest insult/sin of all. Joshua might as well have pissed on the Torah and spray painted "Fuck the Jews" on the side of the Temple.  

Except Jesus called at least one gentile a dog, and we know his nearest disciples didn't think Christianity was meant for the gentiles; Jesus wasn't that punk rock, ultimately. His criticism of the pharisees and sadducees was on the same level as these groups' criticism of each other, and thus not particularly shocking either!

yeah in this context his bitching about those that were bitching just seems shallow and all "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" style shit.

If he knew anything it is that punk isn't a way of speaking or looking or doing, it is a way of thinking about the world that shapes how you speak and what you do. The look is just for posers and children. The harder someone tries to conform to the socalled individuality they have the more they look like everyone else.

to me jesus looks just like every other middle aged white bearded guy I know...wait santa?

Guest afireinside

The list of Jesus's delicts, torts, misdemeanors, and felonies is very long. Here are a few off the top of my head:

• Cursing the fig tree.
  • Using derogatory language to refer to other people (e.g, dogs, vipers, pigs, etc.).
  • putting his stamp of approval on cruelty, inequality, exploitation and entitlement mentality in his parables.
  • Claiming to be God when there is no way that he could possibly know whether or not this was true.
  • Advising anxious people to cut off their hands and gouge out their eyes.
  • Assault, battery, destruction of property (marketplace in the temple courtyard).
  • Advising people to abandon their families.
  • Failing to contribute to his community through marriage & child-rearing.
  • Failing to contribute to his community through worthwhile economic activity.
  • Teaching doctrines such as divine curses.
  • Predicting the imminent end of the world with no basis.
  • Creating a new religion.

Joshua Christos openly pours contempt and ridicule on the religious authorities, a huge sin in itself. The Pharisees and Sadducees were the ministers, deacons, elders, and priests of their time, and Joshua goes punk rock on their ass at every given opportunity. Creating a new religion where the gentiles, not Jews, have control over the Bible was the greatest insult/sin of all. Joshua might as well have pissed on the Torah and spray painted "Fuck the Jews" on the side of the Temple.

Except Jesus called at least one gentile a dog, and we know his nearest disciples didn't think Christianity was meant for the gentiles; Jesus wasn't that punk rock, ultimately. His criticism of the pharisees and sadducees was on the same level as these groups' criticism of each other, and thus not particularly shocking either!

yeah in this context his bitching about those that were bitching just seems shallow and all "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" style shit.

If he knew anything it is that punk isn't a way of speaking or looking or doing, it is a way of thinking about the world that shapes how you speak and what you do. The look is just for posers and children. The harder someone tries to conform to the socalled individuality they have the more they look like everyone else.

to me jesus looks just like every other middle aged white bearded guy I know...wait santa?

You're right, punk is about ideals and ethics, the look was a by-product of a rebellion against the norm of the time for shock value, modern day emulation is the antithesis of the ethos of punk. Jesus was a poseur, John the Baptist was punk.