Goodbye Jesus

A Catch 22

chrisdownunder

Is christianity causing it's own end time prophecies to be fulfilled.

It is certainly trying....it is scary stuff to watch.

Watch the movie "Waiting for Armaggedon" 

It amazes me that all those people are sane in every aspect... except for their christianity.

If people are interested in this topic why don't we discuss the future christianity is shaping and how it fits into the christian perspective of end times.

Christians, this topic is in the lions den for a reason.

<gets popcorn>

Watch the movie "Waiting for Armaggedon" 

It amazes me that all those people are sane in every aspect... except for their christianity.

sane? I wouldnt consider people who outside of childhood, devote their lives to blood thirsty murderering imaginary "friends" to be sane at all.

• Like 2

If people are interested in this topic why don't we discuss the future christianity is shaping and how it fits into the christian perspective of end times.

Christians, this topic is in the lions den for a reason.

Sounds like this could be an interesting discussion.

Lets go. 

Let's go then.

IH, what do you, as a mix-and-match christian, believe about your end time events?  I know you're going to differ with other christians already.

Let's go then.

IH, what do you, as a mix-and-match christian, believe about your end time events?  I know you're going to differ with other christians already.

For a start, I'm not a dispensationalists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism

Let's go then.

yawn, that's it?  outline all your views, I'm sure we can pick them apart easy enough zDuivel7.gif

Let's go then.

yawn, that's it?  outline all your views, I'm sure we can pick them apart easy enough zDuivel7.gif

I think it would be better if we discussed things a view at a time.

I'm going to wait and see what the first topic will be :)

Let's go then.

IH's posting technique seems to involve obligatory reference to what someone else says, usually at some blog or website, claiming "me too", i.e., that the offsite reference is what he believes, or of which he was influenced, or is somehow is relevant to the question.  Occasionally, he composes his own short sentences which sometimes contain a tidbit of his own thinking.  When he gets confused, or stumped, he usually responds by ignoring the question and posing his own question in an attempt to change the subject, move the goalpost or avoid a response.  

Let's go then.

I think it would be better if we discussed things a view at a time.

I'm going to wait and see what the first topic will be smile.png

What do YOU BELIEVE your god teaches about his end times.  I didn't ask what you don't believe. 

IH's posting technique seems to involve obligatory reference to what someone else says, usually at some blog or website, claiming "me too", i.e., that the offsite reference is what he believes, or of which he was influenced, or is somehow is relevant to the question.  Occasionally, he composes his own short sentences which sometimes contain a tidbit of his own thinking.  When he gets confused, or stumped, he usually responds by ignoring the question and posing his own question in an attempt to change the subject, move the goalpost or avoid a response.  

Oh I know, he's been stumped in a few threads now so he's moved on here to try and change the subject.

Let's go then.

The website I posted was an explanation of dispensationalism. It wasn't a "me too" post.

I posted it in case some here are unfamiliar with the term.

Oh I know, he's been stumped in a few threads now so he's moved on here to try and change the subject.

Please direct me to the thread where I've been stumped.

I will reply.

Christian writes:

"Sounds like this could be an interesting discussion.

Lets go."

And when asked:

"What do YOU BELIEVE your god teaches about his end times.  I didn't ask what you don't believe."

No answer so far...

On par with another IH thread.

Let's go then.

The website I posted was an explanation of dispensationalism. It wasn't a "me too" post.

I posted it in case some here are unfamiliar with the term.

I strongly suspect (but I haven't scientifically reviewed all the evidence) that virtually every other post you have ever made on this form that that references offsite blogs and websites are blogs and websites that supports your beliefs.  Virtually.  Every.  Other.  One.

Your post, therefore, appears merely temporal and shallow (as if you are merely responding to the my immediate post without thinking about the larger picture), disingenuous (because you already know it was accurate but thought you could deflect that accuracy with one mere exception) or clueless (you are on autopilot to a destination unknown).

To be more blunt, I conclude you are simply full of shit.

I will reply.

You're a funny guy.  There are dozens and dozens of posts on this forum that you conveniently ignored, attempted to change the subject, intentionally misinterpreted or outright lied about.  I'm not your research assistant.  Do the hard work yourself.

I will reply.

You're a funny guy.  There are dozens and dozens of posts on this forum that you conveniently ignored, attempted to change the subject, intentionally misinterpreted or outright lied about.  I'm not your research assistant.  Do the hard work yourself.

Post one I have ignored or not answered.

If you don't know of one....asked me one yourself.

I'm here to stay. This constant mantra that I am not answering questions 

is not going to fly with those who are actually reading these threads.

I never put too much stock in end times prophecies as a Christian. Many of them are too vague for their fulfilment to really be detected. "Wars and rumors of wars" for example... This has been true for all of human history it seems. The moon turning to blood and solar eclipses have happened a lot since the bible books were penned. It's to a prophets advantage to make his predictions as vague as possible. They are easier to "fulfill" that way. It is rather disturbing that many Christians and Muslims seem to push for foreign policies that would antagonize conflict. They actually want destruction to come because they feel like it would mean their rapture and vindication are that much closer. Never mind "Blessed are the peacemakers."

IH's posting technique seems to involve obligatory reference to what someone else says, usually at some blog or website, claiming "me too", i.e., that the offsite reference is what he believes, or of which he was influenced, or is somehow is relevant to the question. Occasionally, he composes his own short sentences which sometimes contain a tidbit of his own thinking. When he gets confused, or stumped, he usually responds by ignoring the question and posing his own question in an attempt to change the subject, move the goalpost or avoid a response.

I will reply.

You're a funny guy. There are dozens and dozens of posts on this forum that you conveniently ignored, attempted to change the subject, intentionally misinterpreted or outright lied about. I'm not your research assistant. Do the hard work yourself.

You still have yet to respond to Roz's question about what YOU BELIEVE about the end times. You started by saying you aren't a dispensationalist. Very well, but what do you believe about it? FYI, there is no shame if you don't have a clear opinion on the end times. I was a very passionate and well read Christian (in the bible, theology, and apologetics) and still didn't know exactly what I believed about the end times. There's much disagreement among Christians on many end times topics.

IH's posting technique seems to involve obligatory reference to what someone else says, usually at some blog or website, claiming "me too", i.e., that the offsite reference is what he believes, or of which he was influenced, or is somehow is relevant to the question. Occasionally, he composes his own short sentences which sometimes contain a tidbit of his own thinking. When he gets confused, or stumped, he usually responds by ignoring the question and posing his own question in an attempt to change the subject, move the goalpost or avoid a response.

I will reply.

You're a funny guy. There are dozens and dozens of posts on this forum that you conveniently ignored, attempted to change the subject, intentionally misinterpreted or outright lied about. I'm not your research assistant. Do the hard work yourself.

You still have yet to respond to Roz's question about what YOU BELIEVE about the end times. You started by saying you aren't a dispensationalist. Very well, but what do you believe about it? FYI, there is no shame if you don't have a clear opinion on the end times. I was a very passionate and well read Christian (in the bible, theology, and apologetics) and still didn't know exactly what I believed about the end times. There's much disagreement among Christians on many end times topics.

I did respond that I wanted to take the discussion slowly and not a barrage of views.

Lets try this as a starting point.

I view the book of Revelation as both historic and futuristic. Many parts of the book pertains to

the Christians in the first century under the persecution of Nero. 

IH, we call that a dodge, not answering the question. But very well. I agree with you about revelation (historical in that was written in the past, futuristic in that it contains prophecies). You wanted to take it one at a time. There's one. Do you care to tell us another? Or maybe you prefer to wait for more responses? Makes sense if you do. My opinion is that Revelation is too symbolically apocalyptic and too vague to come up with a clear interpretation of what events are supposed to transpire.

And yes, from what I have studied, many things described by the author seem to represent issues that Christians in that day were dealing with, the mark of the beast for example (they had to make an incense offering to Ceasar at the agora and receive a mark on their hand or forehead to show they have paid homage before they could buy or sell in the market).

So IH is a preterist.

IH, not that it means anything, but you'll get massive amounts of respect from me.  Do you actively oppose people like this?

EDIT:  video is long, so if you don't have the time, just answer later.