Goodbye Jesus

Screaming Praying Muslim On Airplane Goes Viral, Many Claim "freedom Of Religion"

SilentLoner

Someone throw a shoe!

I'm surprised nobody tackled him.  Freedom doesn't let you yell fire in a theater.

How is that okay? He wasn't told to stop? Does this happen often on flights?

Someone throw a shoe!

Just because kosher sacrifice is ok in some states in American would it make it ok for someone practicing a religion that required say killing a chicken to do that on a jet flight?

Either all religious rights are ok or none are in that public setting.

Generally the best way to deal with this is NONE ARE. Do it in your home or your church or club it is not ok to subject strangers and the general public to your practices against their right to freedom of religion and will.

I'm surprise there is no troll try to yell our father prayer loudly besides him

or to let him know that he can yell as much as possible as long as he's doing it outside the plane

A lot of Muslims intentionally make asses of themselves in public just so they can play the victim card when people call them out.

In countries where Islam is a minority they are the most absurd social justice warriors, and in countries where they make the rules they are the most absurd bigots.

The irony knows no bounds...

...or is there really a difference?

• Like 2

A lot of Muslims intentionally make asses of themselves in public just so they can play the victim card when people call them out.

In countries where Islam is a minority they are the most absurd social justice warriors, and in countries where they make the rules they are the most absurd bigots.

The irony knows no bounds...

...or is there really a difference?

Most Christians do this in their own way as well. The cry of persecution is louder than ever and less than it ever has been in all of human history. At least in the US.

How can one be a social justice warrior when they want a bias? Justice sort of indicates there is no bias. How about social donkey warrior?

He's praying, big deal. When he's got his fingers on a trigger of some kind then I might be worried.

He's praying, big deal. When he's got his fingers on a trigger of some kind then I might be worried.

It has more to do with how he is praying and forcing everyone to view and be subjected to something they should have  choice in during a public setting.

Your religious rights don't supercede other peoples just because you want them to. I also have a right now to be subjected to ones barbaric religions.

by the way the oklahoma bomber probably prayed as well. So did all the islamic terrorists that have killed people needlessly over my entire life.

So did the puritans that would tie a woman into a bag with a wild animal then throw them in a river for accused which craft that was always a false accusation.

prayer is not the big deal here it is what people do that is and his actions intrude on the many.

the needs of the many out weight the needs of the few or the one in logic. It is not logical his rights to pray should supplant others rights to not be violated by his prayer in public.

It has more to do with how he is praying and forcing everyone to view and be subjected to something they should have  choice in during a public setting.

I couldn't care less if he's praying loudly, I see it no different to how I have to put up with people's inane chatter all the time. Therefore I am not rushing to get them, or him to shut up. I was on a flight from Japan to Sydney a while back and I had some asshole trying to recline his seat back despite the fact my knees were already dug into the back seat a couple inches. I care more about people fucking with my personal space than just being loud and obnoxious but each to their own.

I couldn't care less if he's praying loudly, I see it no different to how I have to put up with people's inane chatter all the time. Therefore I am not rushing to get them, or him to shut up. I was on a flight from Japan to Sydney a while back and I had some asshole trying to recline his seat back despite the fact my knees were already dug into the back seat a couple inches. I care more about people fucking with my personal space than just being loud and obnoxious but each to their own.

I understand you have your own view here, just understand that others have their own as well.

I had this big respons typed up and the damn generator tests at work here just wiped it so yeah...

Being in a group we must recognize that our own individual views are not always the ones that are the most valid.

He could have had his way and prayed and being kind to those around him with different views than him by simply doing it at a socially acceptable level. That video would never have been made if that was the case and we would have missed a great opportunity to discuss it so I guess at least in that respect he did something for us not against us.

There is a happy medium here.  Pray quietly while in the plane, and than when he is off the plane go full blown. That is common curtasy

• Super Moderator

You haven't seen scary praying on an airplane until you're on a puddle jumper in a raging storm, feel the plane go "bump"  and suddenly the flight attendants seatbelt themselves in and start wailing at the top of their lungs "Jeeeezus save us" over and over and over again.....   eek.gif

True story that happened to friends of mine.

He's standing there yelling.  I don't care if it's a prayer or some sort of threat.  He may as well be screaming "I'm taking nice loud shit right in everyone's ears!  Fuck everyone who can hear me screaming!  Which is literally everyone!"

Fuck that guy.  He can go to the shitter and pray to his god.  There's an alter and everything in there in case he wants to leave an offering.

mwc

Being in a group we must recognize that our own individual views are not always the ones that are the most valid.

Obviously. Perhaps he and I have the majority view and you don't for example? ;) Depends on where you go of course. I'm sure if you go to any muslim majority country (where he is most likely from) there is no social taboo against it. Therefore he's in the majority, as far as he personally understands. So it's a bit unfair to judge him as an asshole based on our social norms though, right?

Ah La Ark Bar is the thing that terrorist scream right before they blow themselves up.  So yeah if some jerk screams it anywhere near me I am going to tackle him and make sure his fingers are not near any triggers.  I would have to still be alive for somebody to tell me that is out of line.

Obviously. Perhaps he and I have the majority view and you don't for example? wink.png Depends on where you go of course. I'm sure if you go to any muslim majority country (where he is most likely from) there is no social taboo against it. Therefore he's in the majority, as far as he personally understands. So it's a bit unfair to judge him as an asshole based on our social norms though, right?

If I'm getting a headache, I'm judging. Judging

Some YT comments say it was an Arab Airline.

Makes a difference I suppose.

Obviously. Perhaps he and I have the majority view and you don't for example? wink.png Depends on where you go of course. I'm sure if you go to any muslim majority country (where he is most likely from) there is no social taboo against it. Therefore he's in the majority, as far as he personally understands. So it's a bit unfair to judge him as an asshole based on our social norms though, right?

Just as fair as him forcibly subjecting people to his belief system.

Reminds me of the time a US pilot on a passenger plane asked over the sound system, if the passengers had accepted Christ, NOT what you want to hear at 30000 feet/ 500 miles per hour from the guy sitting at the controls.........

• Like 2