Goodbye Jesus

The Bridge And The Troll

Guest end3

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Super Moderator

Not quite sure what the intended point is, but.......

The troll is the bad actor here because he is a threat and therefore instills fear, not surprisingly, in any traveler who may have to encounter him. I'm not sexist, so the troll could also be a she.

So we have an innocent traveler who would continue his journey just fine were it not for the fact that a troll is lying in wait to attack him. The fear experienced by the traveler is a direct result of the troll's interference in an otherwise uneventful journey.

The "person" traversing the bridge may have fears prior to crossing. The troll, whether it acts or not, may take the blame for the traveler's dysfunction.

• Super Moderator

Okay........

Let's see, the troll.  The troll had ancestors that:

• burned earlier bridge crossers
  • killed the non-troll women and children crossers
  • enslaved previous crossers
  • raped little girl crossers
  • manipulated the laws of countries
  • threatens everyone they disagreed with

And the troll believes all those to be just, right, and true because it's written in the troll handbook.

And somehow it's the fault of those attempting to cross the bridge of life because they fear the troll and the troll's friends.

Does this troll send people to eternal torment for not loving him?

Or is this some other kind of troll?

Is this the kind of metaphor that makes more sense when you are drunk or high?

end, are you - maybe even subconsciously - likening God to a troll under a bridge?  Maybe part of you is talking through your post, trying to say to the rest of you, "man, let's ditch the cult."

??

Just sayin,' dude... 

end, are you - maybe even subconsciously - likening God to a troll under a bridge?  Maybe part of you is talking through your post, trying to say to the rest of you, "man, let's ditch the cult."

??

Just sayin,' dude...

No, one of our fellow posters was freaking out based on a comment I made. I put myself as the troll but didn't feel responsible for the pedestrian because I didn't intentionally try to spook.

• Super Moderator
 I put myself as the troll but didn't feel responsible for the pedestrian because I didn't intentionally try to spook. 

Ah, now I get it.

Trolls are always intentionally threatening. You apparently just inadvertently spooked a pedestrian. 

• Super Moderator

Is the fear of the person traveling the bridge the responsibility of the troll?

Ask a troll; we have plenty.

• Like 1