Goodbye Jesus

Cooking With Kids (Yes, We're Going To Go There)

Roz

I read your reply LeoBirdMan. In fact I read it several times.

You make your point well, but I disagree with your conclusion.

What would it take to change your mind?

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that his answer to this question will be identical to similar to Ken Ham's answer to the very same question.

• Like 2

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

“God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”

~Albert Einstein

For the love of God, ironhorse, we have been through this. Get used to it. It might not be your belief, but it's bible. God did create evil. I gave you chapter and verse, Isaiah 45:7. Call it chaos, disaster, or evil, it was your God that created it.

• Super Moderator

“God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”

~Albert Einstein

You are a hypocrite, TinPony.  I don't ever want to hear another word from you about taking things out of context.  

• Like 2

post # 17, May 28, the 'No #### Sherlock' thread.  Ironhorse wrote...

"I post writings of people I think are speaking a truth."

"I actively seek truth on all matters.  I'm not a mindset to reject truth when I find it even if it does shatter a previously held belief."

Ah... now I get it.

Ironhorse's seeking didn't find the truth about that Einstein quote... but sdelsolray's seeking did.

So the truth is only the truth if Ironhorse finds it by his own seeking.  

Now I get it!

And no Christians have yet responded.

I notice of late that they don't seem to.

I'm not real fond of the echo chamber effect when we're actually debating issues (outside Extimonies and Ex-Christian life, sex, etc.) places like here and the Colloseum. But I think they're refusing to engage us.

I've read over the weekend on this site, it's apparent there were more of them back in 2005, even up to 2008 or so, but now we see not a whole lot of reaction from them.

Faith is no strong tower. The righteous run into it, to defend it, lest it fall down.

I'm responding.

If the Bible is purely fiction, it's odd that the writers would include these horrific stories.

Also strange, that these passages were not edited or deleted in future copies centuries later.

Again, I do not buy the argument that because God allows evil to happen He approves of it.

Wow this argumant in the Lion's den is so  LAME!

off-topic: I've been away from this forum for awhile,  I forgot how much fun it is.  I've been reading and participating this week, and I haven't laughed this hard in a LONG time. lmao_99.gif

~Albert Einstein

Your bible quotes God saying, "I make peace, and create evil. (Is 45:7)."  Does Einsteins words outrank the words of your God? Apparently you don't even believe in the bible you are carrying around with you. Do you DENY God's word in Isaiah 45:7 when he says, "I make peace, and create evil" ?

I was taught a debate technique similar to yours, IH, when I was a Pentecostal. When someone brings up something you have no logical defense for you just say something like, "That's nice, but I choose to believe anyway (in spite of common  sense or logic or evidence to the contrary)..." Of course in this case you believe that God is always good which is contrary to your own bible.

I hope you are at least reading and considering my previous messages. Whether you reply or not I suppose is up to you.

"I actively seek truth on all matters.  I'm not a mindset to reject truth when I find it even if it does shatter a previously held belief."

But if that truth does not shout "Jesus" every few minutes, well, it won't get much thinkin time in his head.

And no Christians have yet responded.

I notice of late that they don't seem to.

I'm not real fond of the echo chamber effect when we're actually debating issues (outside Extimonies and Ex-Christian life, sex, etc.) places like here and the Colloseum. But I think they're refusing to engage us.

I've read over the weekend on this site, it's apparent there were more of them back in 2005, even up to 2008 or so, but now we see not a whole lot of reaction from them.

Faith is no strong tower. The righteous run into it, to defend it, lest it fall down.

I'm responding.

If the Bible is purely fiction, it's odd that the writers would include these horrific stories.

Also strange, that these passages were not edited or deleted in future copies centuries later.

Again, I do not buy the argument that because God allows evil to happen He approves of it.

Wow this argumant in the Lion's den is so  LAME!

off-topic: I've been away from this forum for awhile,  I forgot how much fun it is.  I've been reading and participating this week, and I haven't laughed this hard in a LONG time. lmao_99.gif

Approve: officially agree to or accept as satisfactory.

Allow: admit (an event or activity) as legal or acceptable.

(Googled word definitions - unknown source site).

Hate to stoop down to the pedantic dictionary definition level for words but here they are and they both mean pretty much "Acceptable."

"Now, Johnny I'm going to allow you to murder your neighbor, but in no way do I feel this is an acceptable action."  - sounds stupid, right? lol.

~Albert Einstein

Your bible quotes God saying, "I make peace, and create evil. (Is 45:7)."  Does Einsteins words outrank the words of your God? Apparently you don't even believe in the bible you are carrying around with you. Do you DENY God's word in Isaiah 45:7 when he says, "I make peace, and create evil" ?

I was taught a debate technique similar to yours, IH, when I was a Pentecostal. When someone brings up something you have no logical defense for you just say something like, "That's nice, but I choose to believe anyway (in spite of common  sense or logic or evidence to the contrary)..." Of course in this case you believe that God is always good which is contrary to your own bible.

I hope you are at least reading and considering my previous messages. Whether you reply or not I suppose is up to you.

Even if Einstein made this statement (which he did not), he was a physicist.  Ironhorse's use of it is a misplaced and fallacious argument of authority.

Regardless of who made the statement, the statement itself contains a poor analogy, a category error and two examples of irrational equivocation.  In short, the statement is bollocks to begin with.

But it will sooth the mind of the narrow, shallow and myopic ones, like Ironhorse, who, as demonstrated above, is also a liar. 

Me too, midniterider! The pastor's wife once said that she didn't have the education that some unbelievers did, and that she couldn't always figure out an answer when they pointed to things they said were contradictory in the Bible or were historically/scientifically debunked. She said instead that she just told her testimony and reminded herself that "the man with the experience is never at the mercy of the man with the argument."

For Ironhorse, faith trumps truth, every time.

As well as trumping awkward things like facts, data and evidence.

• Like 1

Correction!

For Ironhorse, faith  IS  truth.

If he believes it's true... that settles it.

• Like 1

~Albert Einstein

Concerning my method of debate. I am not a Pentecostal.

I get slammed here for quoting others, but don't expect a quote by a Pentecostal from me.

You keep quoting a pseudo-orthodox universalist.

Concerning my method of debate.

My imaginary friend says you are wrong.  No wait, it is the other way around.

Which one?

If you don't answer soon I might start speaking in tongues Wendycrazy.gif

Which one?

You might make a bit more sense if you did, as opposed to the replies you're giving out now.

• Like 2

You might make a bit more sense if you did, as opposed to the replies you're giving out now.

lmao_99.gif

~Albert Einstein

I get slammed here for quoting others, but don't expect a quote by a Pentecostal from me.

You get slammed by me for not responding to overdue questions and then popping new ones of your own, as if I didn't exist!

Which one?

There you go again, Ironhorse!

Start addressing the outstanding stuff between us, and stop pretending that you're too slow to keep up!

~Albert Einstein

Pentecostals pray to Jesus. You pray to Jesus, no? Pentecostals are your brothers and sisters in Christ! :-)

Why is it that different denominations cant get along with each other?

Why is it that different denominations get a 'different' message from Christ?

Why is it that the Pentecostals probably think your theology is wrong yet they pray to your Jesus?

Why is it that you think the Pentecostals are wrong yet you pray to their Jesus?

Is there more than one Jesus? Maybe there is a Jesus for every single denomination?

Or maybe Jesus is just a creation in Iron Horse's mind. 

• Like 3

~Albert Einstein

You have no "method" of debate, at least not one recognized by normal rational adults.  

I strongly suspect no one cares whether you are a Pentacostal, or anything else for that matter.

You are getting slammed for dishonest and childish passive-aggresive behavior.  Repeated dishonest and childish passive-aggresive behavior.

Remember, the lurkers are watching you.

Double post

~Albert Einstein

Huh...your method of debate...

Ah, your debate has a method...

And the method is...I guess...quoting quotes you sometimes heard or read somewhere and thought where true or whatever...lmao_99.gif

How about thinking for yourself and then form some answers like real people do? Oh, I get it...Bible-God talks in verses to you and quotes the Scripture...so that is all you know. I guess you talk that way to your workmates, friends and if you have your wife and children...and they love you for it. And now you are confused why this isn't working quite well here with people who are actually thinking for themselves and are able to build complex sentences and write actual texts instead of reciting others over and over again. Quite confusing, eh?

I think midniterider tried to tell you that this kind of method you are using is something Churchgoers do because they are not questioning the argument and just defending it instead. How do you assume anyone thinks you are pentecostal. Thinking is fun yellow.gif  especially when you do it yourself.