Goodbye Jesus

Church Told To Remove Adverts For Healing ...

Darklady

The authority's Complaints Board said the church had presented its religious beliefs in evangelical healing as an absolute fact, rather than opinion,and had to remove them ... and so they should :)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11283199

• Like 1

Reminds me that I love being a Kiwi :)

yes,I saw a sign recently in Napier that said the same thing, ill have to check next time im there see if its gone

Guest afireinside

yes,I saw a sign recently in Napier that said the same thing, ill have to check next time im there see if its gone

Equippers Church had one taken down due to complaints last year in Napier, they were claiming Jesus heals cancer as fact. Ignorant fuckwits

It's such an offensive thing to tell sick people.  One of the worst of xianity's harms.

• Like 1

Equippers Church had one taken down due to complaints last year in Napier, they were claiming Jesus heals cancer as fact. Ignorant fuckwits

thats the one

well other churches should be forced to remove some of the many other signs that proclaim opinion as fact.

• Like 1

Some of the offensive and ridiculous signs I see near the street on church property make me want to throw a rock through the sign or drive my truck into it.

I live in the south, and there are fucking stupid church signs everywhere!  Most of them say the most ignorant, idiotic stuff you can imagine!  And they put it up on their signs as if it were 100% fact, when its almost always just ignorant opinions that are totally unfactual.

I think i'll put up a sign in my yard, saying, "christians are idiots that still believe in santa claus!"...except somebody would probably shoot me, since most christians around here are usually judgemental, gun-toting pricks.

Some of the offensive and ridiculous signs I see near the street on church property make me want to throw a rock through the sign or drive my truck into it.

I live in the south, and there are fucking stupid church signs everywhere!  Most of them say the most ignorant, idiotic stuff you can imagine!  And they put it up on their signs as if it were 100% fact, when its almost always just ignorant opinions that are totally unfactual.

I think i'll put up a sign in my yard, saying, "christians are idiots that still believe in santa claus!"...except somebody would probably shoot me, since most christians around here are usually judgemental, gun-toting pricks.

It isn't worth the damage to your truck dude. Rock however works.

What's interesting about these big fat faith healer types?

Even when we went to the pentecostal glossolalia floppoflailia churches, I used to secretly read the apologetics from the Baptists, D. James Kennedy Presbyterians, independents and others who didn't believe in modern miracles and generally exposed a whole shit ton of crazy stuff from the floppoflailia movement that I never saw, usually because I didn't go often to the prayer meetings unless She really wanted me to go.

You gotta remember, I'm a blind dude, so I couldn't actually SEE the "miracles" happening, so I justified my backdoor apologetics mining from that angle.

Anyway, those kind, the anti-miracles apologetics kind, they would agree with us here. The floppoflails don't have any writings that support the miracle claims, only a shit ton of Bible verses like they all have for whatever they want, but never a rationalist argument like their 'bretheren' from other groups.

Now, if we could just get them Baptists and Catholics and those to just apply the same skepticism they already have against modern miracles, back a couple thousand years ... they would become like us.