Goodbye Jesus

Should The Us Support Israel?

wanderinlostchild

From 1976 to 2001, Israel had been the largest annual recipient of U.S. foreign assistance. According to a November 2001 Congressional Research Service report, Israel: U.S. Foreign Assistance, U.S. aid to Israel in the last half century has totaled a whopping $81.3 billion.

In 2008, up to 27th Dec., the home-made rockets that Hamas fired into Israel kilbled no-one. In return the Israelis killed 400 children and 900 adults in Gaza.I don't see how Israel has the right to kick the Palestinians off their farms, bulldoze their houses,  kick them out of their homeland and slaughter them.It is a nation that stole its land through military force. 

I hear so many evangelicals and fundamentalists claiming that we have to give money to Israel because the Bible says "bless israel and you shall be blessed, curse israel and you shall be cursed".  What a shitcrock!now the Palestinians are imprisoned in the shithole Gaza Strip and forced west as israelis keep expanding into the west bank.  Without America (and others) funding Israel the nation wouldnt exist.

• Super Moderator

No.

Nope.

• Super Moderator

What florduh said... no wait, scratch that; what LifeCycle said.

In  case the print on the 3 maps of Israel below are too small, the.map to the left shows the tiny jewish presence as the white dots and the Palestinians as green, in israel in 1946.The second batch shows how much land israelis Conquered with military force in 1947. if you watched a documentary called the 50 years war, by PBS you will hear Israeli soldiers testify that as they advanced to conquer these lands they were ordered to throw grenades through the windows of every Palestinian house.

The map to the right shows how littleland was left for the Palestinians by the year 2000 as jewish settlements continued to illegally expand.the Bible permits God's chosen people and nation Israel to commit genocide against the other nations. yes in the Old Testament, the Israelis repeatedly annihilated pagan cities or rather those who were not Jews.  they were permitted to kill men women children and even the animals.so now evangelicals feel obliged to give a shit ton of money to Israel. they believe that by doing they will be blessed. All those billions of dollars that our government gave t to Israel does not include all the money given to Israel by those who embrace the Bible as the Word of God.

Sorry these maps I meant. I can't edit my posts.

post-21721-0-64565000-1404143714_thumb.jpeg

Our aid to Israel fuels the fire there. It alienates their neighbors which stifles diplomacy with other issues.

If a parent were to favor a child in such an obvious way, how would the other child feel and react? Our aid makes things worse there. It certainly does not help.

• Like 1

in the Bible God is called the God of Israel. God is a fucking cunt!

post-21721-0-81112700-1404146039.png

post-21721-0-83821100-1404146052.png

post-21721-0-62271600-1404146064.png

post-21721-0-12704200-1404146083.png

post-21721-0-20655300-1404146098.png

post-21721-0-31366100-1404146115.png

Israeli and Palestinian children killed

childrenkilledindex.png

Israelis and Palestinians killed

totalkilledindex.png

Israelis and Palestinians injured.

totalinjuredindex.png

Political Prisoners

prisonersindex.png

Demolition of Israeli and Palestinian homes since 1967

homesindex.png

Current Illegal Settlements

settlementsindex.png

Our aid to Israel fuels the fire there. It alienates their neighbors which stifles diplomacy with other issues.

If a parent were to favor a child in such an obvious way, how would the other child feel and react? Our aid makes things worse there. It certainly does not help.

This.  I'm of the opinion that if we cut off aid to Israel (or at least severely curtail it) they will be a lot more civil (if only for the sake of self preservation).

This will not happen though, because a good amount of christians don't want to have Israel make peace.

I'm puzzled by this personally.  If christians want their end times ball to start rolling, they should let Israel make peace.  As I understand it, the one who negotiates a peace between Israel and her neighbors is the anti-christ, right?

Once anti-christ comes, there's the rapture and then 7 years of tribulation.  After that, it's game over for earth.  The christians all part with yeshitwa while the rest burn.

Why don't they want that to happen?  It seems like a testable verifiable claim.  After 7 years of peace, their doctrine comes crashing down.

When Obama won the democratic nomination -- and I'm not picking on him, all pols at his level do this -- the very first place he went was to give a speech to aipac and assure them continued support.

My untested theory is that Israel has our balls primarily because florida is one of the most important swing states. Aipac controls the Jewish vote, and if they can't deliver florida, they can at least deny florida to those who don't play.

It's time for a new policy in the Mid East.  No money for Israel.  If they decide to buy French weapons or Chinese weapons . . . don't care.  Let them find their own funding to do it.

No, we should let the middle east resolve their own issues. Why should we be supporting Israel financially when we could use some of the money here for things like infrastructure for instance?

I’m not opposed in principle. It is often pointed out that Israel is the only democratic government in the Middle East, and I think that’s worth something.

Nevertheless, giving Israel a blank check is just plain reckless, and Israel proves it consistently. Democratic governments are responsive only to those they represent, and no one is above abuse of power. The government of the USA, for example, represents those who bribe its politicians fund its political campaigns, and most decidedly does not represent any durn forners, such as Iraqis and Mexicans. Likewise, the government of Israel, however democratic it may be, cares not a whit about the Palestinian people.

American politicians are not afraid that Arab countries and terrorists will destroy the only democratic regime in the region. No, what they are really afraid of is that American fundamentalists will destroy American political careers.

American aid to Israel should be used as leverage. You plant settlements, no money. You segregate the Palestinians, no money. You bulldoze their homes, no money. You bomb their neighborhoods, no money. You remove the settlements, and we’ll help you out. You truly support a two state solution instead of just giving it lip service while actively blocking it, and we’ll help you defend yourselves. Hrumph! That would put the Israeli government in a tough bind. Tough shit.

• Like 1

In the 18 months, up to 1st May, 2002, Israeli terrorists have killed approximately 1,200, Palestinians, (now probably 1,600 - 1,800, up to 12th May 2002). They have used American tanks, American helicopter gunships, American warplanes, and American missiles against civilians. In the same period, in response to the Israeli killings, Palestinian suicide bombers have killed approximately 200 Israelis.Ariel Sharon oversaw the slaughter of over 800 Palestinian civilians, mostly women & children, in the Sabra and Chatilla refugee camps in South Beirut in 1982.

In Jenin the Israeli army used bulldozers to crush house in which civilians sheltered, the Israelis used civilians as human shields when they attacked Palestinians and checked for booby traps. These acts fall within the definition of war crimes.Israel has developed weapons of mass destruction and has over 200 nuclear weapons, and the USA has done nothing about it.The government of U.S.A. has funded and still funds and arms the Israeli terrorists. This year, 2002, USA government is giving Israel $2,000,000,000 in military aid, that's an awful lot of tanks, helicopter gunships, warplanes, missiles etc.etc. that's an awful lot of dead Palestinians, and that's nothing compared the previous years.

but we might as well kill the Arabs are off and sterilize them and abort their children. they are some more on education as a and I'm civilized and the world is better off without them. After all Israel is the only democratic government in the Middle East. Actually no they are not democratic there are a Zionist military Dictatorship!

sorry about the typo errors. I'm speaking into a phone and I'm not able to edit my posts. will pay closer attention before submitting them. not used to this shit!

• Super Moderator

It is my considered opinion that any country, not just the US, has a primary responsibility to its own citizens first and foremost.  America needs to consider supporting her own people before engaging in the affairs of other nations.

• Like 3

This.  I'm of the opinion that if we cut off aid to Israel (or at least severely curtail it) they will be a lot more civil (if only for the sake of self preservation).

This will not happen though, because a good amount of christians don't want to have Israel make peace.

I'm puzzled by this personally.  If christians want their end times ball to start rolling, they should let Israel make peace.  As I understand it, the one who negotiates a peace between Israel and her neighbors is the anti-christ, right?

Once anti-christ comes, there's the rapture and then 7 years of tribulation.  After that, it's game over for earth.  The christians all part with yeshitwa while the rest burn.

Why don't they want that to happen?  It seems like a testable verifiable claim.  After 7 years of peace, their doctrine comes crashing down.

Come on Roz.  The rapture comes AFTER the tribulation.  Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins got it wrong.  Lol.  

jews have higher IQ's than Arabs, higher even then Caucasians. I think Asians are the most educated. so what is going on in Israel is an ethnic cleansing. they are removing those who are less educated, have lower IQs, and yes, darker skin. They are keeping them imprisoned, segregating them, and the end result seems to be genocide as Jewish settlements eat up the little bit that is left of Palestinian land.

there were so many other places we could have had a Jewish state, without all the blood shed. so much blood has been shed just so Israel could exist. so why did we have to place the Jews in their Holy Land? So many other places in the world we could have offered a Jewish state where there would have been peace and no need to conquer another nation and race.

why the Holy Land? because its biblical. God promised it to his favorite race, the Jews. Gods "chosen people."

Is it moral to support Israel?  From a global perspective, I don't think so.  It may help to maintain Western wealth at the expense of the oppressed in the East.  I don't know.

Israel isnt oppressed. you hear about the three dead Israeli s from a suicide bombing. 1000 dead Palestinians that follow is just a quickly forgotten statistic.

Israel isnt oppressed. you hear about the three dead Israeli s from a suicide bombing. 1000 dead Palestinians that follow is just a quickly forgotten statistic.

I didn't mean Israel.  I meant Palestine, Syria, Jordan...

From 1976 to 2001, Israel had been the largest annual recipient of U.S. foreign assistance. According to a November 2001 Congressional Research Service report, Israel: U.S. Foreign Assistance, U.S. aid to Israel in the last half century has totaled a whopping $81.3 billion.

In 2008, up to 27th Dec., the home-made rockets that Hamas fired into Israel kilbled no-one. In return the Israelis killed 400 children and 900 adults in Gaza.I don't see how Israel has the right to kick the Palestinians off their farms, bulldoze their houses,  kick them out of their homeland and slaughter them.It is a nation that stole its land through military force. 

I hear so many evangelicals and fundamentalists claiming that we have to give money to Israel because the Bible says "bless israel and you shall be blessed, curse israel and you shall be cursed".  What a shitcrock!now the Palestinians are imprisoned in the shithole Gaza Strip and forced west as israelis keep expanding into the west bank.  Without America (and others) funding Israel the nation wouldnt exist.

The UN created Israel. 

Conservatives in the USA hate the UN, but love Israel. 

It's impossible to argue with idiots. 

• Like 1

There is only one reason why the US government supports Israel. It needs a puppet government in the Middle East from which to gather intelligence and act as a base for future military strikes if the Arabs disrupt the supply of oil. Period. 

It's a huge bonus for them that religious nutters here support it because it's the "holy land" where their imaginary friend once walked. 

• Like 5