• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vixentrox

• Taphophilia

• I Broke Free

• Purple

Modestapparelchristianclothinglydiaofpurpledressescustomsewing.com

Holy Crap! Why don't they just stick with the IP address?

What religion are they with the women wearing the scarf thing on their heads? Did you check out the guys beard?

Taph

Looked like a step back to the 1800s costumes

Okay, this pic here is just gay. :loser:

If I put my sons on my lap and held their arms

like that while they were trying to play a video

game, they'd crush my nuts in a vice. :ugh:

:dumbo: Have seen this, clothing, well mostly actusl, for real victorian clothing is an obessession of mine, so I run across these from time to time. Both Christian and Jewish modest sites. What I love is so so many claim modest without the "frump" but as of yet I have not found any that are not totally frumpy and awful. If that trips you out try this site.

http://www.wholesomewear.com/page-4.html

I feel so so sorry for any girl that has to go to the beach in these.

This reminds me of those Mormon polygamous families out in Utah. You know, the ones where girls get married off when they're 14 to guys that have 10 wives and fifty children.

Did anyone check out the swim suit section?

I just did. :woopsie:

I don't know what I would do if I ran into a girl

dressed like this at a beach. :ugh:

Since the attachment isn't showing up the way

it should, I'll just tell you...

The girl's feet are completely covered too.

Modest SwimWear

Around 1901, swim wear was modest and stylish. Featuring a knee-length dress over matching bloomers, i.e. Modest Swimwear. The swim-dress has elastic in the sleeves to prevent them from floating up; there is also elastic in the waist to hold this down; the bloomers can be any length you want. Some of my daughters prefer to have the bloomers just below the knees and others like them a little longer. The belt is optional, it is mainly for looks. We don't use it, but would be happy to make one for you.

:Doh:

At least they're not Muslim women who have to swim in this......

:twitch:

post-155-1137039924_thumb.jpg

Fashion impaired for sure. They need a make over.

Ah, so that's where Olive Oyl shops for swimwear...

Okay, this pic here is just gay. :loser:

If I put my sons on my lap and held their arms

like that while they were trying to play a video

game, they'd crush my nuts in a vice. :ugh:

Also reminds me of an old joke.....

What goes clip-clop-clip-clop-bang-bang-bang-bang-clip-clop-clip-clop?

An Amish drive by shooting. :HaHa:

At least they're not Muslim women who have to swim in this......

:twitch:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! like ok the rain jacket isn't bad enough it has to be neon puke yellow and orange???

Wait, I answered my own question. I'm a good swimer but put me in that muslim rain jacket swim suit I think I'd sink like a stone, so, the colors are so they can find these poor women on the bottum. SHEESH!

Did anyone else read her descriptions of her daughters?

I swear, the girls who are 24, 22, 21, and 19 are being auctioned off for marriage, so they can go forth, and make Christian babies, with Christian husbands, and homeschool their children, so they can create the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.

Good Lord. Please, if any of you ever find a website where I'm trying to auction off my daughter when she gets to be "marriageable age", just shoot me. I mean it. No matter how much I might want to boot her out at 18, if I start trying to marry her off, just find me and shoot me.

This has to be a Mormon fundy site. The only people I've ever seen dressed like this are small town, backwoods Mormons.

I would bet Mennonite. Kind of similar to Amish, but they will use tech.

Actually, some of the dresses look like they could be kind of classy, and most seem like they would be good costume pieces.

Agreed, though, most are fraggin' ridiculous.

Well, you never know...stuff from the 70s comes back into fashion from time to time...maybe stuff from the 1800s will catch on again.

Around 1901, swim wear was modest and stylish. Featuring a knee-length dress over matching bloomers, i.e. Modest Swimwear. The swim-dress has elastic in the sleeves to prevent them from floating up; there is also elastic in the waist to hold this down; the bloomers can be any length you want. Some of my daughters prefer to have the bloomers just below the knees and others like them a little longer. The belt is optional, it is mainly for looks. We don't use it, but would be happy to make one for you.

How on earth could anyone swim wearing that? Wouldn't it restrict movement too much?

How on earth could anyone swim wearing that? Wouldn't it restrict movement too much?

Perhaps all the elastic works to keep it inflated...so you just float....

There are a fair number of Mennonites in the area that I live...and NONE of them look this bad!!!

Gotta be those weirdo Utah groups living in communes.

Eesh...sends chills up my spine. Blech!

ahem...am I the only one who thinks these swimsuits might sometimes be a good idea? I think perhaps some women should consider purchasing them.

post-1040-1137086522.jpg

Well, you never know...stuff from the 70s comes back into fashion from time to time...maybe stuff from the 1800s will catch on again.

Actaully a lot of the designs on that site are from the late 70's - 80's and are Jessica McClintock or Gunne Sax rip offs. One of the reasons they do not look as good as they did in the 1980's or even the 1880's is that in trying to make the clothes baggy enough they tend to make them too big. The romance of the victorian age has come back before, and even now you will find it in some goth fashion, but these women just look frumpy for any age. Oh and lets face it, part of the problem is the HORRIBLE glasses.

Some vintage Gunne Sax to jog your memory.

http://www.curbside-couture.com/gunne_sax.htm

ahem...am I the only one who thinks these swimsuits might sometimes be a good idea? I think perhaps some women should consider purchasing them.

WAAAAAAAAH I'm blind!

Um, no, I agree.

That said, the first thing that crossed my mind when I started looking at those pictures was one of the awards at "fundies say the darndest things"... "marching proudly into the 19th century" :fdevil: