Goodbye Jesus

Female Christian Modest Attire Site

Lautermilich

I put up http://thebricktestament.com in a thread on Bible Stories on CF's GA forum and it was deleted for being obscene, vulgar and sexually explict! IT'S THE FREAKEN BIBLE, I DIDN'T WRITE IT.

The Bible has been banned from CF. LOL

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Why am I not surprised?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vixentrox

• Taphophilia

• I Broke Free

• Purple

Wasn't she in Lord of the Rings?

Who wants to get in bed with a RingWraith anyway?

She is kinda cute. :wicked:

Call me Frodo, baby!

Yeah! That's it!

Call me Frodo-oh-oh-OH!

:lmao:

These clothes is so ripe for my satires...

:fdevil:

Pretty strange stuff. Of course, to each their own. But I can't see this as being anything other than a style choice that is deeply rooted in a fear of sexuality. Oh well, as long as I don't have to look at hordes of pretty young girls wearing these menonnite burka's, my hobby of coffee-shop observation and rating of said girls is not threatened. And that's all I care about.

Pretty strange stuff. Of course, to each their own. But I can't see this as being anything other than a style choice that is deeply rooted in a fear of sexuality. Oh well, as long as I don't have to look at hordes of pretty young girls wearing these menonnite burka's, my hobby of coffee-shop observation and rating of said girls is not threatened. And that's all I care about.

Lmao - you said it. It's just a style choice, but with clear roots in fear of human sexuality. Most people I know, including some good friends, are very hung up on dressing "morally" and modestly (not nearly as bad as the nuts on this site), and they also have major issues with sexuality, especially their own. Of course, they all have serious fundie Xian elements to their beliefs, too, and you know that's where it comes from in most Western folks. Fear and/or hatred of their own unique sexuality makes them cover up to an extreme. I know that when I was a scrawny teenager, I almost never wore shorts because I felt so embarrassed that I was so skinny. Nowadays, after years of exercise, that's no longer a worry - what these people need are some healthy observations about human sexuality.

If that floats their boat, fine, it's not my place to force them to change. There are worse things in the world to get involved in. But if given the chance I would give them my opinion on the matter, and tell them their beliefs are indeed crap.

The attire is a crackup and I"ve enjoyed reading this thread more than I can say :grin:

But did any of you catch, "A Christian Internet Code of Ethics" at the bottom of the page :)

A Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,

I hold myself to certain standards of conduct. They are:

I guard my online relationships

I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ

I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life

I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life and family time

Maybe it was so funny to me because I've never been a fundie .... I mean "I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ" - let's be honest - it's just code for .... "I'm careful to visit websites that do not make me think".

Anyway, I don't imagine any of them will be dropping in on this website :wicked:

I wonder what Christians would do if there was an illustrated bible on the market for children that showed every gruesome detail. Stuff like the man who chopped his concubine into twelve pieces after subjecting her to an all night gang raping so he could get a nights sleep. Or the Israelites slaughtering all the Midianites and then taking the virgin female children for their own pleasure.

My Precious Moments Bible, that my grandparents gave me when I was ten or so, had an illustration of David's dead baby after God had struck it down in order to punish David for being an adulterous murderer. Traumatized me to no end.

Thanks Precious Moments.

I thought they were some type of Mennonite (there are many different groups, with different dress codes), but then I read on the FAQ page, "Are you Mennonite? No, we are not Mennonite nor raised Mennonite. However our second married daughter and her husband attend the Mennonite church he was raised in. " More likely, they are extreme fundy types. Checked out their picture page. http://www.modestapparelchristianclothingl...ily_up_date.htm They sure look Amish or Mennonite, but again stress that they are simply Bible-believing Christians, blood-bought by the Jewish Messiah. Ha ha! Check out the pix of their third daughter, trying to strike a "cheesecake" pose! Some Amish dude might find her alluring; that cow sniffing her hair might even curl his beard at the immoral thoughts it arouses. Wait, no Amish guy is going to see this web page, they don't believe in electricity, much less computers and the internet!

Where I went to church as a child, they had really strict dress codes. Dresses had to be below the knee, no sleeveless shirts, no plunging neck lines, do not even think about showing your belly. Seeing the women in the winter was sometimes funny, because for warmth some would wear pants under their dresses. Swimming, if done at all, was segregated by the sexes because swim suits were too revealing. For the men, it wasn't quite as bad, but they still had to avoid sleeveless shirts and tank tops, no shorts, keep your shirt buttoned instead of showing off your chest hair, etc.

These clothing sites are a hoot. Bloomers and pantaloons! I've seen these and others like them. Everyone certainly can dress how they want, but it's so sad people feel the need to hide themselves in such an extreme manner.

Madame M; you mention about an Above Rubies magazine; is that connected with the Above Rubies website? There's another hoot!

Did anyone check out the swim suit section?

ahem...am I the only one who thinks these swimsuits might sometimes be a good idea? I think perhaps some women should consider purchasing them.

Well, yeah, that might work. If the modest wear came in size "whale."

What I love is that in Genesis Adam and Eve are running around nekkid and perfectly happy. And god didn't seem to give a shit.

I think they dress like that so their husband can have the pleasure of using a can opener as a sex toy... you'd need one to get to the goodies.

That's so freaking hot.

On another note, I sat behind two of these freaks on a puddle jump from Miami to Jamaica and hit on them in front of my girlfriend the whole time... why these people were going to Jamaica is fucking beyond me, but whatever... it was great because the "rebellious teenager" waited until her mom went to the bathroom to ask me if I had ever had a drink and what it was like.

I'd like to think I corrupted the hell out of someone that day. With any luck she's drunk and stripping at a dive in Purdy, MO right now because I told her that she had an awesome rack (like I could see it) and should show it off.

I think they dress like that so their husband can have the pleasure of using a can opener as a sex toy... you'd need one to get to the goodies.

That's so freaking hot.

On another note, I sat behind two of these freaks on a puddle jump from Miami to Jamaica and hit on them in front of my girlfriend the whole time... why these people were going to Jamaica is fucking beyond me, but whatever... it was great because the "rebellious teenager" waited until her mom went to the bathroom to ask me if I had ever had a drink and what it was like.

I'd like to think I corrupted the hell out of someone that day. With any luck she's drunk and stripping at a dive in Purdy, MO right now because I told her that she had an awesome rack (like I could see it) and should show it off.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

That's great! I used to be in a church with all this modest wear crap. It was ridiculous. Women couldn't cut their hair, etc. Stupid shit. You know Jose, next time I see someone dressed like this I'm going to remember you. I'll just bust out laughing uncontrollably, but not because of their attire, but at the thought of going over and trying to corrupt them! It's all hypocritical anyhow.

I wonder what Christians would do if there was an illustrated bible on the market for children that showed every gruesome detail. Stuff like the man who chopped his concubine into twelve pieces after subjecting her to an all night gang raping so he could get a nights sleep. Or the Israelites slaughtering all the Midianites and then taking the virgin female children for their own pleasure.

My Precious Moments Bible, that my grandparents gave me when I was ten or so, had an illustration of David's dead baby after God had struck it down in order to punish David for being an adulterous murderer. Traumatized me to no end.

Thanks Precious Moments.

OMG... I had that too. It was creepy. I still have my Precious Moments Bible, only because my mom gave it to me on my First Communion. I still can't look at Precious Moments figurines without thinking of Jesus now.

Holy crap... all of that was fascinating. I went to a Holiness Nazarene church for a little while (because of a boyfriend...). I just wanted to play my French Horn in the summer camp, but they made me take off all the makeup I usually wore (which consisted of tinted chapstick and rice powder-- I don't know how they could tell I wore it), I had to wear my hair in a bun or half up, and I had to wear a skirt and take off all my jewelry for an entire week. They I didn't want to take off my chastity ring (I was retarded, it's not like it worked for long... we never had sex sex, but did everything else) so I left it on. One of the elders had me in tears as he convinced me it was sinful to wear, and I took it off.

Gawd, how awful it was to be around so many people afraid of and obsessed with sex. I overheard one lady critisize a MAN for wearing a shirt that showed his elbow becase it might make another man think of the vagina. Elbow=vagina??????? That was it. I wore pants and makeup and everything and sat proudly with my bf at the time with my Satanic chapstick and evil rings.

Anyway, I did learn from the experience though.... there are some women who just sincerely want to dress modestly and not like sluts, and the only way to do that for them is to be obviously different. Some also think the Bible prescribes that women shouldn't dress as men, which includes both wearing pants and crossdressing. (LOL) Some are really scared of sexual things and really don't want to "tempt" men, oters have major issues. I was close to one lady that was 22 (I was 16). She was married and would talk candidly with me, and she seemed to have a pretty healthy attitude. It all depends on the person and how it is explained to them when they are young.

Regardless, I learned to respect them a little bit... after all, they are still people under all that clothing. Weird and sheltered, but still people.

Sorry for the rant.... seeing all that just brought back memories. There were a lot of nice people at that church. A lot of fucked up ones too... in fact, I went with my bf to pick up something at one of the prominent families in the church and the wife was WEARING PANTS! My bf was shocked, I just smirked and giggled.

(This is the South African I dated. The pastor at this church sponsored him in the US, so he felt he had to attend, and he had been there long enough to get a little indoctrinated.. or at least he acted like it so he could keep his sponsorship. He ended up marrying a girl that was known to have hadan abortion and alraedy had children out of wedlock and worst of all, she wears pants because I said I wanted to finsih college before marraige.)

…or they could simply be really really really really really really really really really conservative Christians. There’s a Presbyterian Christian family where I grew up who all dressed this way. Well, I don’t know about the swimming suits though…that’s a lil extreme. :rolleyes:

Presbyterian? I thought Presbyterian was very liberal Christianity.

The guy in the pic doesn't have a mushtache though he has a beard. Mennonites don't have mushtaches because they are Pacifists. Traditionally, millitary wear mushtaches so they refuse to have them.

Someone said they said they were not Mennonite, but maybe they are some break away variation of it.

I smell parody ...