Goodbye Jesus

Anyone Here Taken The Blasphemy Challenge? Or Would You?

Leo

I just learned about the Blasphemy Challenge. It's supposed to be the denial of the holy spirit, initially they were posted to Youtube.

Anyway, as part of my deconversion, I became convinced that I must have, since I understand the holy spirit and all other nonmaterial spirit entities simply don't exist.

Anyway, has anyone here undertaken to do this? Why or why not?

I'm divided. Sounds ridiculous: I have not 'blasphemed' Thor, Zeus or anyone else. And my denial of its existence logically results in my denial their devil even exists.

Also, being part of the Uneqully Yoked club, I would not post this where She would easily find it.

And, there's the reflexive, emotional reaction to the idea of doing so from childhood indoctrination.

And the perverse part of me would rather do so in the Lions' Den. Then it's been done.

Anyway, anybody done it? Anyone still have a reflex reaction against doing it? I don't mean the part of yourself that says it is just silly, or you don't want to hurt your spouse's feelings. I mean the childhood indoctrination part.

• Super Moderator

I've blasphemed all three "persons" in the so-called trinity.  I've dared god to do something, and I mean "come at me, bro".  I've even offered to sell my soul to the devil in exchange for material, social, and personal gain.  So far, nothing...

• Like 3

I deny the holy spirit.  I said those three words the last saturday (SDA) I went to church.  I said it at church.  

• Like 3

I blaspheme all the time

There's a good thread from last year where a bunch of us tried to come up with the best blasphemy. I'll see if I can find it.

Blasphemy is irrelevant outside of god belief.

• Like 1

I'm curious about that one.

Actually, one problem with this has to do with those of us in the unequally yoked club. The believing spouse could at some point find out about the challenge, then ask the unbelieving spouse if they have or haven't done it, then the unbeliever has to either admit it or lie.

Of course, for us, it is nothing, like you said. But upon reflection, I could see the stress it would put on the believing spouse, were they to  find out about the challenge.

GotQuestions.org apparently has a retraction of it claiming we can't commit the unpardonable sin anymore because it was only for that time, and had to do with a select group.

Don't know how they got that or if it's a recruitment tool or what.

I'm curious about that one.

Actually, one problem with this has to do with those of us in the unequally yoked club. The believing spouse could at some point find out about the challenge, then ask the unbelieving spouse if they have or haven't done it, then the unbeliever has to either admit it or lie.

Of course, for us, it is nothing, like you said. But upon reflection, I could see the stress it would put on the believing spouse, were they to  find out about the challenge.

GotQuestions.org apparently has a retraction of it claiming we can't commit the unpardonable sin anymore because it was only for that time, and had to do with a select group.

Don't know how they got that or if it's a recruitment tool or what.

Stress because the blasphemous spouse is doomed to hell forever or stress because of worshiping a "loving" god that turns out to be so petty, vengeful and unforgiving?

By the way we had a thread on the challenge a couple of years ago and many people took it back then.  But why not again?  The Holy Spirit is Yahweh's tiny limp prick.

Guest afireinside

In context aren't all ministers who don't disclose the complete income of the church and salary the ones who God should smite as was the case with Annanais and Sapphira?

"Hey guys were taking up a love offering for the poor residents of Cyclonepathville, give generously....hallelujah"

No you're not, you are using a portion of that for aid, the rest is going in church coffers and or salaries of church staff.

Prepare for a good old-fashioned smiting motherfuckers!

Yes we had a prior thread on this and all gave a go at it. fun!

I'm in the "ridiculous" camp. If anything, for me it would be going backward instead of forward - that is, treating my beliefs as rebellion against god instead of a disbelief in god.

I deny Santa Claus.

The holy ghost?  He's a little whiny pussy.  Last I heard, 'Casper the friendly ghost' stomped his ass into the ground.smileydies.gif

• Super Moderator

Brother Jeff has convinced me that the holy spirit is actually just gases being released from the blasting ass of the Holy Farter.  Glory!

• Like 1

I've blasphemed all three "persons" in the so-called trinity.  I've dared god to do something, and I mean "come at me, bro".  I've even offered to sell my soul to the devil in exchange for material, social, and personal gain.  So far, nothing...

I've done the same thing with the devil him/herself.  Funny, now would be the best possible time to show that power, and nothing.

Is this like blaspheming Spiderman?

bettlejuice, bettllejuice, bettlejuice

Fuck you, deadass holy ghost, and Fuck you zombie jesus!  

Fuck you father, who kills everyone atleast once,

and fuck all three of you for never existing!

Yeah, the HS can piss on a cactus.  I won't do it on youtube though.  I find it counter-productive.  Go ahead!  Judge me!  :P

In October we are all going to spend the whole night in a haunted house to show how brave we are.

That's what I think of 'the blasphemy challenge' although this is the first I've heard of it. I think the fact that I don't believe in Biblegod anymore in any of his three forms pretty much sums up any serious blaspheming I might do. Why drag a spouse that I love into it if it will hurt them, and why do it on Youtube (or Myface or Tweeter or anywhere else)?  Also, why do it in a secret place where nobody really knows me?  

I used to be a Christian, and now I am not. I have nothing to prove.

This is how I see it also. A nonexistent being would not be hurt, but living, breathing Christians would be hurt, panicked or otherwise mistreated. This is why I haven't, no reason, Ann a humanitarian issue.

I just learned about the Blasphemy Challenge. It's supposed to be the denial of the holy spirit, initially they were posted to Youtube.

Anyway, as part of my deconversion, I became convinced that I must have, since I understand the holy spirit and all other nonmaterial spirit entities simply don't exist.

Anyway, has anyone here undertaken to do this? Why or why not?

I'm divided. Sounds ridiculous: I have not 'blasphemed' Thor, Zeus or anyone else. And my denial of its existence logically results in my denial their devil even exists.

Also, being part of the Uneqully Yoked club, I would not post this where She would easily find it.

And, there's the reflexive, emotional reaction to the idea of doing so from childhood indoctrination.

And the perverse part of me would rather do so in the Lions' Den. Then it's been done.

Anyway, anybody done it? Anyone still have a reflex reaction against doing it? I don't mean the part of yourself that says it is just silly, or you don't want to hurt your spouse's feelings. I mean the childhood indoctrination part.

Causing terrible fear and doubt upon fragile human beings who are petrified that mere words or thoughts can injure a supernatural eternal being, who will respond by hurting them after they die is yet another shameful chapter of the insanity of the Bible.

The fact The Bible makes it clear that such a thing can never be forgiven in this world or the next is another example of the extreme nastiness of the Cult that is Christianity. 

• Like 1