Goodbye Jesus

What Would You Do To Make This A Better Life

Castiel233

It is sometimes stated that atheism is a negative world view; I deny that premise and repudiate it. Living for oneself, living for those you love, is better, surely better, than living for a being, whose point of contact is a book, written in a time uncertain, and by authors unknown. To worship a cruel deity is to deny genuine compassion, to strip yourself of your own dignity and to shut your heart off to humanity.

If you could change the world for the better, if you could enact real and lasting positive change, what ten things would you bring about, to make this Earth a paradise in the here and now:    

It is sometimes stated that atheism is a negative world view; I deny that premise and repudiate it. Living for oneself, living for those you love, is better, surely better, than living for a being, whose point of contact is a book, written in a time uncertain, and by authors unknown. To worship a cruel deity is to deny genuine compassion, to strip yourself of your own dignity and to shut your heart off to humanity.

If you could change the world for the better, if you could enact real and lasting positive change, what ten things would you bring about, to make this Earth a paradise in the here and now:    

Funny I see not blindly accepting a murderous god as positive and not negative. how is it a negative view to not lie to ones self?

How negative are religions? how many have died, suffered, been tortured, lied to, mutilated, stoned, hung, shot... I think you get it. I never once thought to kill anyone or force anyone in the name of atheism. the only thing it has promoted me to do is use logic and reason to answer my questions not fantasy and magic.

Worshiping the god of these faiths is cruel. mostly it is cruel to those that believe in the lie they live and try to force on others.

If I could change the world for the better I would live in a time when the barbaric and primitive religions are gone and team work of the human race has taken its place to launch us into space to colonize this galaxy is OUR name not some fake ass gods. My dream will have come true then as it will take the collective will of our entire race to see that one come to pass. If it does it means all these problems that are caused over religion and belief systems will have been solved and we will finally have stepped out of the adolescence our race is still in and have become young adults in this universe, finally ready for a real taste of what it offers us if we only have the determination to reach out and take it.

You asked for ten things so of course I thought of the ten commandments.

1) Thou shalt mind thine own damn business when someone else hurteth others not.

2) Thou shalt do good for the sake of good, for all acts of good done for thine own glory and reward is as chaff in the field (?)

3) Thou shalt not harm animals, including humans, lest it be for survival.

4) Thou shalt question everything.

5) Thou shalt not ask forgiveness for something you know you will do again.

6) Thou shalt not sayeth one thing and doeth another.

7) Thou shalt not think yourself better than anyone else, for thine crap dost stink like everyone else's.

8) Thou shalt not have children if thou havest the heart or IQ not.

9) Thou shalt giveth a crap not about that which thou can do naught about and dost not affecteth thee...Wendytwitch.gif

10) Should anyone come forth and sayeth they have the right idea about everything, thou shalt chase him out of town like the dog he iseth, with big sticks and loud ridicule.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

1.  Thou shalt respect others.

X10

• Like 1

Respect yourself.

Respect other people.

Respect animal, insect, and plant life.

Respect the earth.

Have compassion for yourself and others and treat yourself and others gently.

A sense of humor would be quite lovely.  It's pleasant, it can smooth over differences and conflicts, it's a good way to gently point out difficult issues.

Be able to laugh at yourself.

Read.  Never give up learning.  If you can, travel.  If you are unable to travel, you can still learn about other lands and people by reading and watching videos/documentaries.  Learn how big the world is and how diverse its peoples are.  Learn about the amazing beauty and  diversity of our physical world -- mountains, deserts, oceans, ice floes, etc.  

Do your regular job for pay so you can survive, but also volunteer at something completely different.  It doesn't have to be a big, organized deal, just give something away of yourself for free.

We ought to be able to insure as a society that every person has a place to live and food to eat. No person should have to worry about this.

I don't have 10 things.

1. Help to spread the democratization of the educational process. (Alternative educational models based in principles of freethought.)
  2. Start taxing all churches and put the proceeds towards improving education in the US, as well as upgrading our infastructure.
  3. Allow the marriage of same sex couples across the board in the US.
  4. Educate and raise the standards of living for women the world over.
  5. Support the development of biotech, nanotech and alterna-tech (adaptable and/or open source tech that hasn't been developed yet), as I believe that these fields hold the key to improving the health and living conditions of many persons.
  6. Connect the world via the internet and cell phones, especially places that are preyed upon by missionary groups and fundamentalist faiths.

2 of things are US-centric. I live in US, so improving things here would go a long way.

I try to destroy cognitive dissonance everywhere I go. I hope that will do something.

I don't know. It's obvious that god himself could not figure a way to improve the world or else he would not have drowned all people on earth except for one family. That would have been a perfect time to create a new prototype for humans and kill Noah and his family. What does the death of one more family mean to god? Also. kill the devil and his dark angels and demons. bill