Goodbye Jesus

South Is Usa's Poverty Belt, Gop Wants Same For Whole Country

ficino

It may have been asked before, but I'm too tired to look it up right now. BO, how is the United States government supposed to exist without taxes? How is it supposed to function without money? How is the country's infrastructure supposed to be upkept without taxes? Do you want corporations to do all of this? Because that is fucking terrifying. I for one do not want the novel Snow Crash to become reality.

If you don't like it, why don't you just leave?

Sales taxes are voluntary because you don't HAVE to buy anything. You can decide not to.

And in the same way income taxes are voluntary because you don't HAVE to earn any income. You can decide not to.

Hell property taxes are voluntary too! You don't HAVE to own property. You can decide not to.

And another bo argument goes down. This hall monitor wonders what it's like to be wrong about literally everything. That's quite a feat in and of itself.

Sorry wing ding, but taxing somebody out of their home is extortion. What about the elderly person too old to work, on a fixed income where inflation and taxes have eaten their spending power away? I personally have known more than one elderly person who had to sell their home because they were unable to pay the taxes. The home gad been paid off for years, but now the taxes have reached the level of what the mortgage wad they used to pay. But you don't care, you would rather throw grandma out int the street. Guess you hate the elderly. Then you make excuses about "the greater good", you hater.

Where are property taxes as high as a monthly mortgage payment? I just want to know so I can avoid ever going there.

Sales taxes are voluntary because you don't HAVE to buy anything. You can decide not to.

And in the same way income taxes are voluntary because you don't HAVE to earn any income. You can decide not to.

Hell property taxes are voluntary too! You don't HAVE to own property. You can decide not to.

And another bo argument goes down. This hall monitor wonders what it's like to be wrong about literally everything. That's quite a feat in and of itself.

Sorry wing ding, but taxing somebody out of their home is extortion. What about the elderly person too old to work, on a fixed income where inflation and taxes have eaten their spending power away? I personally have known more than one elderly person who had to sell their home because they were unable to pay the taxes. The home gad been paid off for years, but now the taxes have reached the level of what the mortgage wad they used to pay. But you don't care, you would rather throw grandma out int the street. Guess you hate the elderly. Then you make excuses about "the greater good", you hater.

If you go to the gym, use their equipment and then they threaten to call the police if you refuse to pay your dues, are you being extorted?

BO, please give your thoughts on whether taxation in general is necessary. Then, perhaps, we can move on to the forms of taxation.

I love watching train wreck debates on taxation...

Are any of you going to take action to change something or just talk about it?

Please don't be offended at my statement. I do this on a lot of forums when I see this particular convo.

What actions do you all propose to fix the issues you are all debating?

There's only one here who wants to change this particular issue and sure, he goes around scaring politician's kids and such to try and intimidate his way.

I personally do take issue with prods to 'do something'. It implies something can be done. I know most of us were raised with a can do attitude, but it stands in stark contradiction with reality and is simply fed to us in the former of propaganda as powerless people tend to act out, whereas those satisfied that if they just spin the hamster wheel long enough they'll make some difference tend to not give anyone any real problems so.

the chicken defense. Good for schoolyard bullies and George Bush.

Now you're making excuses for running away and hiding. That doesn't take any courage. You don't even vote. You could vote by absentee, and if you don't like anything on the ballot you could do a write-in. What is really cowardly is not only running away and hiding, but armchair quarterbacking while hiding. Why don't you just change your citizenship? You would be more honest that way? I'm sure Putin would just LOVE to have you, on second thought, probably not, all mouth and fo nothing probably isn't his style.

Where are property taxes as high as a monthly mortgage payment? I just want to know so I can avoid ever going there.

he pays just over $400 a year and had a daughter in public school. He's just being a baby.

• Like 1

If you go to the gym, use their equipment and then they threaten to call the police if you refuse to pay your dues, are you being extorted?

You would rather throw grandma out in the street, you cruel hater.

No, that would be you. You're the one who doesn't give a shit about the poor. I support taxing you and your butt buddies you stump for to keep grandma at home and fed. That, akes me a Nazi, remember?

Let me turn this around...

Why do ya'll think I should pay direct taxes?

A great way to avoid a question. Without taxation, our government would collapse, laws would not be enforced, etc. Anarchy would ensue, and would gradually be replaced by rule by whatever thugs were best and grabbing power.
And the direct vs. indirect at this point is a red herring..
No- it's a pretty important distinction. Because it allows Libertarians to advocate taxing poor people at a much higher rate than rich people... but without really saying that.
And why is somebody being poor reason to extort taxes from me?
you're the poor guy in this scenario smart guy. What's hilarious to every but you is you're jumping up and down complaining about taxes and trying to make a distinction based on semantics when in reality you're advocating actually paying a larger share as those far above your pay grade would get more breaks. This is a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. How you can rant against your own interests while calling those trying to get you to see reality Nazis and Hall monitors or whatever the pejorative of the day is is both hilarious and sad at the same time. Sadly, mainly, because your not alone, but represent millions of other dupes.

My only interests are to be left alone, not be extorted by government or private thugs, do my thing and harm nobody. When I don't see that, I DO something about it rather than run and hide in another country, not even vote by absentee and then armchair quarterback. Cowards do that.

what do you do? I am truly curious what actions you or anyone here in this debate is taking. Those actions are far more important than all these words.

Really what do you do because I would love to avoid more of them.

BO, please give your thoughts on whether taxation in general is necessary. Then, perhaps, we can move on to the forms of taxation.

I love watching train wreck debates on taxation...

Are any of you going to take action to change something or just talk about it?

Please don't be offended at my statement. I do this on a lot of forums when I see this particular convo.

What actions do you all propose to fix the issues you are all debating?

There's only one here who wants to change this particular issue and sure, he goes around scaring politician's kids and such to try and intimidate his way.

I personally do take issue with prods to 'do something'. It implies something can be done. I know most of us were raised with a can do attitude, but it stands in stark contradiction with reality and is simply fed to us in the former of propaganda as powerless people tend to act out, whereas those satisfied that if they just spin the hamster wheel long enough they'll make some difference tend to not give anyone any real problems so.

the chicken defense. Good for schoolyard bullies and George Bush.

Now you're making excuses for running away and hiding. That doesn't take any courage. You don't even vote. You could vote by absentee, and if you don't like anything on the ballot you could do a write-in. What is really cowardly is not only running away and hiding, but armchair quarterbacking while hiding. Why don't you just change your citizenship? You would be more honest that way? I'm sure Putin would just LOVE to have you, on second thought, probably not, all mouth and fo nothing probably isn't his style.

Calling a spade a spade. Don't like it don't run away.
silly boy, you only wish you had been, done and seen what I have. If chickens fill up two passports, plus extra insert pages in 10 years, climb erupting volcanoes, swim with crocs, survive malaria, travel siberia, India, Thailand, Venezuela, drop into 3rd word countries without plans or reservations, and then do all that while waiting for their kidneys to fail, I guess that makes me a chicken. If chickens can survive neck surgery without anesthesia because their body is too toxic to risk it, then I guess that too makes me a chicken. Live your own life, if it's not as exciting as mine, then whose fault is that.

and whole you just want to be left alone, stop using the services I, my family, my riends and my fellow countrymen paid for and I'm sure we'll all be happy to let you live your hermit life.

You would rather throw grandma out in the street, you cruel hater.
No, that would be you. You're the one who doesn't give a shit about the poor. I support taxing you and your butt buddies you stump for to keep grandma at home and fed. That, akes me a Nazi, remember?
Oh quit trying to be sanctimonious. You try to turn it around to avoid the cruel little monster you are to the elderly. They worked all their lives to pay their house off, build up a pension or IRA, and because of inflation growing faster than they can conveniently die off for you, the taxes rise and they face a problem, eating or paying the property tax. You would just throw them in the streets. How Nazi of you.

Do I need one go look for quotes where you've said what do the poor have to do with me, or where you rant about them being takers, or will you just concede to the attitude? Anyway, we all know what you think of them.

First, why am I responsible for staying home fighting? I've already done more there than 99% of the people who didn't go anywhere. Second, I don't want to hurt grandma, as I did, I want to tax you so you help pay for her.

BO, you are not a Libertarian.. I've been listening for a long time and I have a couple of friends up here who speak almost exactly as you do. Liberty is not the same as license. Liberty, in our societies, come with responsibilities.. for each other, for our infrastructure, for politics; and social direction. No.. this is not how you see things. And I have Native blood.. so don't say you 'own' the land.. it was stolen from us. Of course here in Canada we ARE fighting it and have recently won quite a nice court case on land rights.  :D

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/energy-and-resources/supreme-court-ruling-on-native-land-claims-adds-to-uncertainty-for-pipelines/article19356432/

No, THIS is your philosophy and outlook:

http://www.fmotl.com/forum/index.php

Of course you could live in Thailand, Ecuador or many other places where there are far less taxes, laws and infrastructure… it's an option!

Have fun!

First, why am I responsible for staying home fighting? I've already done more there than 99% of the people who didn't go anywhere. Second, I don't want to hurt grandma, as I did, I want to tax you so you help pay for her.

If you are going to complain, then DO something about it.

If you support property tax, then you DO support throwing out elderly people.

That's, as you say, your narrative. 99% of the time I'm simply showing you how wrong you are. And, no, I support using tax dollars to give old people a break. Last time I'll state the obvious Mr argument machine.

And it's a good thing you vote with you corporate overlords too. It's like your vote is turbo charged. And all you had to do is swallow their sound bites to get there.