Goodbye Jesus

My Rage Against The Machine

Flutters

FreeThinkerNZ and I enjoyed a wonderful chat yesterday, wherein she said it was very cathartic for her to have a thread where she could vent her feelings of anger and sadness. I'm going to take her advice and start this one. I appreciate all feedback, thank you!

God is one selfish bastard. To make me afraid to even doubt you, when you are the one who was never there, never gave a damn about my suffering, nor the sufferings of those I prayed for - the sick, the poor, the lost, the hopeless, the hungry, the oppressed. I cared, I cried, I ached for this evil to be eradicated. It didn't matter to you. It was you who said that if someone has the means to help, and sends a person away without clothing or food, that they were sinning. It was you who said that for one to not provide for his own was to be worse than an infidel. You have not done this. You let children starve every fucking day - to death. You are the infidel, not even doing your duty to yourself. You're a liar and a hypocrite. You keep us drugged on carrots, meanwhile time ticks away and never comes back. You are a farce, a method of control, an elegantly evolved scheme to oppress people's natural needs, desires and rightful actions of protest. You are a muzzle to the mouth, the mind and the heart.

You are slavery.

I am free.

• Like 6

AMEN!!!!!!

If this God you reference was imaginary and did not exist in reality (except in the minds of believers), would that not explain the issues you raise?

Yes, it explains them perfectly. As others have said, this is what you would expect to see in a world that never had any sort of god. There is no god, but for whatever reason, I'm still pissed at him. It makes no sense, but I understand I have to get it out of my system.

• Like 1

You are a farce, a method of control, an elegantly evolved scheme to oppress people's natural needs, desires and rightful actions of protest.

I wouldn't say that he is elegantly evolved. After all, God never invented no evolution-ah! :P

Here's a nice video that may be helpful and/or humorous to you. Warning: NSFW.

• Like 1

Well stated! I agree 100%

Wow. That video was great! It made me laugh, but also spoke to me deeply. Thank you. You helped me understand that god is just various facets of our deepest selves. The great and mighty suppressor.

Nice work, Flutters.  I say to my imaginary former sky fairy: "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me". :)

• Like 1

BEST personal anthem! It feels so cathartic when singing the last part in particular ;)

I'd like to contribute some songs to the "personal anthem" theme...

Goldfinger -- Open Your Eyes. Pretty much describes how I feel about faith and God nowadays. Especially when talking with those still in the fold.

"Open your eyes
To the millions of lies
That they tell you everyday..."

Also:

Bad Religion - God's Love

"Tell me; where is the love?
In a careless creation
When there’s no “above”
There’s no justice
Just a cause and a cure
And a bounty of suffering
It seems we all endure
And what I’m frightened of
Is that they call it “God’s love”

Twisted torment, make-believe
There’s a truth and we all submit
“Believe my eyes,” my brain complies
To all that they interpret

I know there’s no reason for alarm
But who needs perspective when it comes to pain and harm?
We can change our minds; there’s a better prize

They call it God’s love
My pain is God’s love."

• Like 1

Yes, it explains them perfectly. As others have said, this is what you would expect to see in a world that never had any sort of god. There is no god, but for whatever reason, I'm still pissed at him. It makes no sense, but I understand I have to get it out of my system.

You may wish to consider directing your anger and frustration at those humans and human institutions that promote this particular God.  Those persons and organizations actually exist in reality.  The God appears to be immaginary.

• Like 1

Guest afireinside

Nice work, Flutters. I say to my imaginary former sky fairy: "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me". :)

FTNZ you're gonna BURN, BURN YES YOU'RE GONNA BURN!!!

Guest afireinside

Couldn't resist posting this worship song by punk band Guttermouth...

"Power Up"

the son of god once showed his face

upon my tortilla

since that day faith's renewed

he won't let me faulter

he guides me down a golden path

he shields me from sin

without the spirit life's meaningless

i'll go the distance with him

i've been to the point of no return

suggestive posters on my wall

i'd participate in gluttony

greed and wanton lust

i cheated on my s.a.t's

once i double parked

if you asked then for a cigarette

there was a good chance i had one

there was a good chance that i had one

oh yea

there's a chance that i had one

oh yea there's a chance that i had one

yea

i'd sloth around in my underwears

just watching t.v

my former friends they stay out late

they drink and carry on (that's wrong)

they go on dates with party girls

and stay in cheap motels

i stay home try to better myself

by burning science books

once i tried to masturbate

and finger my own ass

when i marry i'll procreate

hands off myself till then

christmas easter they're okay

but the meaning has been lost

remember friend it wasn't santa claus

who was nailed to the cross

remember friend it wasn't santa

oh yea

it wasn't santa

oh yea

it wasn't santa

oh yea

i serve the lord at the telethon

ready to man the phones

for him i'll always vote pro-life

those clinics should be bombed

power up's here to lead the flock

lead to salvation (army)

jesus christ superstar

is my favorite song.

You may wish to consider directing your anger and frustration at those humans and human institutions that promote this particular God.  Those persons and organizations actually exist in reality.  The God appears to be immaginary.

I'm afraid to get angry with people. For one, it will only cause them to accuse me of being the "angry atheist" who is just mad and not rational, thus my credibility suffers. Second, I don't know that it's their fault for being as duped as I was. Third, I wouldn't know who to be angry at.

I agree that being angry at some non-existent being is fruitless and stupid, but neverltheless I feel it.

So today I want to say that I hate that friggin chain letter called a bible. It's the exact same scheme as chain mail.

"Believe what this says and do it, or bad things will happen."

Send this message to everyone you know or risk punishment. Because preach the word.

I'm afraid to get angry with people. For one, it will only cause them to accuse me of being the "angry atheist" who is just mad and not rational, thus my credibility suffers. Second, I don't know that it's their fault for being as duped as I was. Third, I wouldn't know who to be angry at.

I agree that being angry at some non-existent being is fruitless and stupid, but neverltheless I feel it.

Fair enough.  Perhaps you are angry with yourself for buying into certain religious dogma.

Addressing and mitigating anger is healthy.

• Like 1

Nice work, Flutters. I say to my imaginary former sky fairy: "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me". smile.png

FTNZ you're gonna BURN, BURN YES YOU'RE GONNA BURN!!!

Meh.  I'll take that chance :)

Couldn't resist posting this worship song by punk band Guttermouth...

"Power Up"

That was hilarious, thank you for posting that.

You don't need to tell them you're angry with them.  I am angry with all the people throughout history who maintained the xianity myth and ensured its survival and prosperity for 1,900 years.  I'm not mad at my parents for transmitting the God Virus to me because they didn't know any better, but I am mad at other unknown and unknowable people who ensured that xianity would be part of my culture.  I'm mad at xianity for existing.

And I'm angry with xians and xian institutions for imposing their beliefs and practices on everyone else through laws and politics.  The xians who accost women trying to enter abortion clinics make me especially angry.  And the ones who say homosexuality is a sin (ie a choice and a moral issue when it's the way some of us are born).  And the ones who raise girls to be submissive, and boys to exploit that.  These are some of the issues I am most angry with xianity about.

• Like 1

My prior anger at those folks has morphed into disdain or sadness, depending on the person.

Guest afireinside

So today I want to say that I hate that friggin chain letter called a bible. It's the exact same scheme as chain mail.

"Believe what this says and do it, or bad things will happen."

Send this message to everyone you know or risk punishment. Because preach the word.

That's a good comparison