Goodbye Jesus

Problems With The Faith.

Castiel233

I have several problems with the Christian faith.

Generally speaking it is sold as a life affirming religion, which is clearly not the case. We are Gods play things, designed by Him to have a brief lifespan (by Gods Standards and then to “enjoy” permanent wide awake burning in a lake of fire. So for me, at least, it is not, is Christianity is true or not, it’s unlovable because it is so nasty.

The Church clearly places little confidence in the teachings in The Bible (Rape victims to marry their rapists as long as they are virgins, stoning and death if they are not. Never seen that one on a Church Billboard) The Bible says not to store up wealth on Earth; The Church of England has assets reported to be over 5 Billion pounds.

The doctrine of Hell removes for ever the notion that God is love.

Numerous different denominations, reading the same Bible and drawing different conclusions from the text.

Given that God knows the future, so presumably it has already happened, so then prayer is a feckin waste of time (beyond making the person praying feeling better)

Outside of the Bible Jesus is a shadowy figure to historians….a strange state of affairs given that He was God made flesh and walked the Fucking Earth.

The Jews were expecting the Messiah, witnessed Jesus in action (apparently) and rejected Him.

It encourages believers to enslaves themselves and be ashamed of merely being a human being.

It convicts people of thought crimes

Why does it all seem to rest of faith, why all the smoke and mirrors.  Why all the doubt and tortuous explanations if it’s all true 

• Like 1

Goodbye Jesus
The Church clearly places little confidence in the teachings in The Bible (Rape victims to marry their rapists as long as they are virgins, stoning and death if they are not. Never seen that one on a Church Billboard) The Bible says not to store up wealth on Earth; The Church of England has assets reported to be over 5 Billion pounds.

Christians are not bound by OT Law. Only the mythical Spirit of the Law. Also, NT cancels out OT, so we are to render to Caesar (Matt. 22:21, Mark 12:17, Luke 20:25) and obey earthy laws and rulers (1 Peter 2:13-17). Jesus abolished to OT laws (except for when he came to fulfill them, as in Matt. 5:17 and Luke 24:44).

The Church of England has nothing on the Vatican. Untold wealth there. There are plenty of televangelists like good ol' boy Pat Robertson and the grinning skull otherwise known as Joel Osteen that are raking in the dough by the truckloads. Storing wealth up on Earth is another one of those teachings of the Bible that is easily glazed over by those in power, I suppose.

Peons! I demand that you give me a minimum of 10% of your earnings, and lots of love offerings as well!

Given that God knows the future, so presumably it has already happened, so then prayer is a feckin waste of time (beyond making the person praying feeling better)

One does not pray to sway God or to deter his plan. Oh no. Prayer is simply a means by which you convince yourself that God's plan is somehow worthwhile. You are praying to submit fully to his plan or you're doing it wrong. According to my old church, fwiw.

The Jews were expecting the Messiah, witnessed Jesus in action (apparently) and rejected Him.

Jesus was not the Messiah. The Jews had their standards and he did meet them. HERE is a thorough listing of the reasons why Jesus was not and still is not considered the Messiah by the Jews. He was thoroughly rejected as a heretic and a blasphemer. He was sentenced to death by the ROMANS, not the JEWS, for the crime of sedition.

"SEDITION: conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

synonyms:    rabble-rousing, incitement to rebel, subversion, troublemaking, provocation; rebellion, insurrection, mutiny, insurgence, civil disorder" [definition taken from Google define feature]

The actions of Jesus were a moot point. There were tons of prophets, holy men, magicians, preachers, and the like back in those days. Jesus was no better or different than most of them. Neither was Paul. Jesus just had better press and the dumbluck of being adopted by Constantine.

---------

Smoke and mirrors are necessary when your entire belief system is built upon the foundation of some Jewish carpenter dying a terrible death while nailed to a cross.

The UK has passed gay marriage legislation, promoted by the current Prime Minister (and self confessed Christian) David "call me Dave" Cameron. Naturally he has been opposed by Christian groups who are failing in their Biblical duty to obey their Earthly masters and their Earthly laws. I think it is reasonable to say that as Prime Minister he is the ultimate master in the UK.

You would think a Christian spokesperson for this ravenous tribe would inform the "faithful", they are mandated by the Bible itself to do what Cameron says........strangely however they don't.

Tut tut.

I have several problems with the Christian faith.

Generally speaking it is sold as a life affirming religion, which is clearly not the case. We are Gods play things, designed by Him to have a brief lifespan (by Gods Standards and then to “enjoy” permanent wide awake burning in a lake of fire. So for me, at least, it is not, is Christianity is true or not, it’s unlovable because it is so nasty.

The doctrine of Hell removes for ever the notion that God is love.

Numerous different denominations, reading the same Bible and drawing different conclusions from the text.

Outside of the Bible Jesus is a shadowy figure to historians….a strange state of affairs given that He was God made flesh and walked the Fucking Earth.

It encourages believers to enslaves themselves and be ashamed of merely being a human being.

It convicts people of thought crimes

Why does it all seem to rest of faith, why all the smoke and mirrors.  Why all the doubt and tortuous explanations if it’s all true 

Excellent points.  Xianity is made up, and survives as a business.  That's all I've gotten out of it.

The UK has passed gay marriage legislation, promoted by the current Prime Minister (and self confessed Christian) David "call me Dave" Cameron. Naturally he has been opposed by Christian groups who are failing in their Biblical duty to obey their Earthly masters and their Earthly laws. I think it is reasonable to say that as Prime Minister he is the ultimate master in the UK.

You would think a Christian spokesperson for this ravenous tribe would inform the "faithful", they are mandated by the Bible itself to do what Cameron says........strangely however they don't.

Tut tut.

Those who want to do so would accept that they must do as the "powers that be" that are "ordained of god" legislate.

Those who want to do so will say that they should "obey god rather than men"

Basically, Christianity tends to social conservatism (obey your masters).  That changes when it sees itself under attack (obey your Lord).  Bottom line, you can do what you like and justify it via the bible.

Though other Christians may well judge your conscience lacking, based on that same book...

It's nonsense.

"why all the smoke and mirrors. Why all the doubt and tortuous explanations if it's all true" ?

I think you answered your own question." human

That's exactly right. When I was a practicing lawyer I took hundreds of depositions, questioning

witnesses of all kinds and types. Tortuous answers to simple questions were without exception a

infallible sign that the witness was lying, or if not lying, blindly committed to particular belief

without really knowing. And neither is at all unusual. bill

Tut tut.

The ultimate master? you do realize that they work on a similar style of government to our own and that is just a single branch of their structure right? It is reasnoble to say the parliment is the master or rather the people since they vote in those people (not sure how the house or royals works) to go serve them much like out congress in the US. While the head of your monster generally is the most noticble part it is not always the most important or the most needed. Sometimes it is. Can't say they run theirs better or worse than ours but in no way is the PM the supreme leader like a dictator or "ultimate master".

Tut tut.

The ultimate master? you do realize that they work on a similar style of government to our own and that is just a single branch of their structure right? It is reasnoble to say the parliment is the master or rather the people since they vote in those people (not sure how the house or royals works) to go serve them much like out congress in the US. While the head of your monster generally is the most noticble part it is not always the most important or the most needed. Sometimes it is. Can't say they run theirs better or worse than ours but in no way is the PM the supreme leader like a dictator or "ultimate master".

Perhaps the ultimate boss (as in the buck stops here) might have been a better description. Either way Cameron is viewed as in charge, from a Biblical perspective, his powers are “ordained by God”, and Christians are supposed to obey their Earthly “masters”. In complaining about gay (or equal) marriage they are either challenging a tenet of their faith (tut tut), or they are ignorant of what their own faith teaches.

The powers of the UK Prime Minister are discussed here at the link below, should you be interested:

http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/political-and-constitutional-reform-committee/news/pm-powers-inquiry/discussion-paper-pm-powers/