Goodbye Jesus

Go To Hell

TheRedneckProfessor

I have already planned to post a Sunday Dispatch in the future on the topic of hell

and use a song by AC/DC.

Since TheRedneckProfessor titled this thread "Go to Hell", I thought

I would add a few comments and the video ahead of time.

"God and the Devil are inherent in each of us, and it's our choice to make. You can take the road to good, or you can take the road to bad." ~Ronnie James Dio

The song's first stanza:

I'm rolling thunder pouring rain

I'm coming on like a hurricane

My lightning's flashing across the sky

You're only young but you're gonna die

I won't take no prisoners won't spare no lives

Nobody's putting up a fight

I got my bell I'm gonna take you to hell

I'm gonna get ya satan get ya

Oh..AC/DC...Highway to Hell...never heard that song...where in all the world did you find this song? And the lyrics. So profound!

Holy crap!!! What's wrong with you? I mean, really...AC/DC, Highway to Hell... is all you can come up with?

I guess you conditioned yourself to think in mainstream songs or bible verses...

To bad for you because thinking on your own is fun. Also having a conversation in which you give YOUR very own opinion in YOUR very own words is even more fun. But I guess that won't happen. To bad.

Meanwhile we keep on rocking zDuivel7.gif

The song is "Hells Bells", not "Highway to Hell"

I am thinking on my own.

So what is your opinion on the three lines of the song I highlighted?

Whatever...AC/CD is still SOOOOOOOO yesterday.

The lines you highlighted are nonsense to me. I don't really see what you try to tell us with em. What's your point???

About Hell and Satan though I have an opinion and my very own thoughts and if you are interested in that, I can give it to you but I doubt you ll understand my train of thoughts if all you can come up is lines in songs and books.

So I am not going to waste my time right now since you kinda cherry pick to answer posts anyways and never really go into a topic but post BS like this.

• Super Moderator

There's a man over in Cobb county jail right now facing charges of first degree murder because he left his 22 month old child strapped in a carseat in the backseat of his car for seven hours.  SEVEN HOURS... in Georgia... in June.  Temperatures that day were in the high 80s to low 90s, which means inside the car it would have been well over 100 degrees.  One reporter on CNN described the scratches on the little boy's face where he had clawed himself to try to deal with the suffering and how he had bruised the back of his head banging it against the carseat trying to free himself from it.  This whole time, the father of this little boy was mindlessly sexting 6 different women... while his son was DYING in the heat of his car.

Christians, THIS is the kind of "father" your god is.

I see your point, I just don't see that it is a just analogy.

I don't either.

I see it as a "father" who will willingly leave his children burning in hell while he casually goes about his own business.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I heard that if you play "Hell's Bells" backwards they say, "Jesus loves me, this I know."

There's a man over in Cobb county jail right now facing charges of first degree murder because he left his 22 month old child strapped in a carseat in the backseat of his car for seven hours. SEVEN HOURS... in Georgia... in June. Temperatures that day were in the high 80s to low 90s, which means inside the car it would have been well over 100 degrees. One reporter on CNN described the scratches on the little boy's face where he had clawed himself to try to deal with the suffering and how he had bruised the back of his head banging it against the carseat trying to free himself from it. This whole time, the father of this little boy was mindlessly sexting 6 different women... while his son was DYING in the heat of his car. Christians, THIS is the kind of "father" your god is.

I see your point, I just don't see that it is a just analogy.
where's god gonna be while you're roasting? Texting his bride. Hell probably start with ted haggard.

Ah, this is a hell analogy...I was seeing it as God not doing anything at the moment....won't save the child, won't save us.

Ah, this is a hell analogy...I was seeing it as God not doing anything at the moment....won't save the child, won't save us.

It is almost like God is a figment of the imagination.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

As analogies go, I think either interpretation is acceptable.

I have already planned to post a Sunday Dispatch in the future on the topic of hell

and use a song by AC/DC.

Since TheRedneckProfessor titled this thread "Go to Hell", I thought

I would add a few comments and the video ahead of time.

"God and the Devil are inherent in each of us, and it's our choice to make. You can take the road to good, or you can take the road to bad." ~Ronnie James Dio

The song's first stanza:

I'm rolling thunder pouring rain

I'm coming on like a hurricane

My lightning's flashing across the sky

You're only young but you're gonna die

I won't take no prisoners won't spare no lives

Nobody's putting up a fight

I got my bell I'm gonna take you to hell

I'm gonna get ya satan get ya

Oh..AC/DC...Highway to Hell...never heard that song...where in all the world did you find this song? And the lyrics. So profound!

Holy crap!!! What's wrong with you? I mean, really...AC/DC, Highway to Hell... is all you can come up with?

I guess you conditioned yourself to think in mainstream songs or bible verses...

To bad for you because thinking on your own is fun. Also having a conversation in which you give YOUR very own opinion in YOUR very own words is even more fun. But I guess that won't happen. To bad.

Meanwhile we keep on rocking zDuivel7.gif

The song is "Hells Bells", not "Highway to Hell"

I am thinking on my own.

So what is your opinion on the three lines of the song I highlighted?

Whatever...AC/CD is still SOOOOOOOO yesterday.

The lines you highlighted are nonsense to me. I don't really see what you try to tell us with em. What's your point???

About Hell and Satan though I have an opinion and my very own thoughts and if you are interested in that, I can give it to you but I doubt you ll understand my train of thoughts if all you can come up is lines in songs and books.

So I am not going to waste my time right now since you kinda cherry pick to answer posts anyways and never really go into a topic but post BS like this.

The lines I highlighted seem to be direct and clear. Words do have definition and meaning.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts and others here. 

OK...

You are only young but you're going to die.

Yeah and now? Is that news? Poetic? Only young? What does that mean? Is young something despicable?

Nobody is putting up a fight.

And now? Really? There are plenty of people putting up fights. What is that supposed to mean. Philosophical? Not really.

I'm gonna get ya satan get ya.

Wow. You are going to get some imaginary evil guy you don't even know where he hides?

Sorry Ironhorse, I really don't know if I should laugh or just feel sorry for you.

So if I missed something, let me know. But please let me know in your words and no quotes of songs, poems, scientists or whatever. We are interested in having a discussion with YOU, everything else is just bla bla.

OK...

Yeah and now? Is that news? Poetic? Only young? What does that mean? Is young something despicable?

And now? Really? There are plenty of people putting up fights. What is that supposed to mean. Philosophical? Not really.

Wow. You are going to get some imaginary evil guy you don't even know where he hides?

Sorry Ironhorse, I really don't know if I should laugh or just feel sorry for you.

So if I missed something, let me know. But please let me know in your words and no quotes of songs, poems, scientists or whatever. We are interested in having a discussion with YOU, everything else is just bla bla.

"OK...

Nobody is putting up a fight."

It means death will come to all of us. Age doesn't matter.

"Nobody is putting up a fight.

And now? Really? There are plenty of people putting up fights. What is that supposed to mean. Philosophical? Not really."

It means few people resist the lies of Satan. 

My own words...although I had a few good Dylan quotes I wanted to use.. I resisted.

Note: Malcom Young, a member of AC/DC has been in a hospital for several months with a 

undisclosed illness. He was unable to work on their new album and is not expected to go with

the band on their up coming world tour. 

OK...

"OK...

And now? Really? There are plenty of people putting up fights. What is that supposed to mean. Philosophical? Not really."

My own words...although I had a few good Dylan quotes I wanted to use.. I resisted.

Note: Malcom Young, a member of AC/DC has been in a hospital for several months with a 

undisclosed illness. He was unable to work on their new album and is not expected to go with

You mean, this is what YOU THINK it means. At least you for once tell us what you think...even though you have to put it into a generalization.

So what do you want to tell us by this that we do not already know? I mean, I can only speak for myself but I am sure I am not the only one who is aware that we will be dying at some point in our lives and some die sooner and some live longer. But why should I focus on death if there is a life to be lived? To be conscious that life is short sure helps to appreciate each moment but there is no need to obsess on it.

Hm...this too is your interpretation. And to me it seems quite far fetched. Now if I miss something, like you having talked to the writer of that song and him telling you it means what you are stating or having read in a book that the writer of that song has said it means what you state that would be different. In that case I would say, it isn't obvious and unless one has read or heard that from the writer of the song it is quite amazing how one should come up with this exact meaning.

Then, what do you want to say with it? That you believe in Satan and that he is putting out lies?

So why do you believe such thing? Because the bible says so? What's the proof? And well, the evil in this world is no explanation for the existence of Satan.

And you really take that song literally. I always thought AC/DC was kinda mocking on christians thinking rock music was from the devil...have I missed something?

Ironhorse, I really don't get you. What would a few good Dylan quotes contribute to this discussion? I mean, as you can see (I hope) others don't necessary interpret quotes the same way as you do...if you would start to use your own words as you have done in that recent post (even though you still need some practice at it), people would actually start to understand what you intend to discuss...There is no magic in words...another thing your book (the bible) has been wrong at.

And I don't really get what you want to tell me/us by that note about Malcom Young being in a hospital and not able to join his band on tour. I am no AC/DC fan, have never been, found their music more annoying then cool (and no that was not because I have been a christian...) and do not intend to go to spend way too much money to go to a concert of them. And I don't care if they play music on their death bed still. Just not my interest.

Sorry Ironhorse but I really can't read your thoughts. If you want to tell me something real, then just tell me. I am a real person and I appreciate being treated as one.

OK...

"OK...

You mean, this is what YOU THINK it means. At least you for once tell us what you think...even though you have to put it into a generalization.

So what do you want to tell us by this that we do not already know? I mean, I can only speak for myself but I am sure I am not the only one who is aware that we will be dying at some point in our lives and some die sooner and some live longer. But why should I focus on death if there is a life to be lived? To be conscious that life is short sure helps to appreciate each moment but there is no need to obsess on it.

Hm...this too is your interpretation. And to me it seems quite far fetched. Now if I miss something, like you having talked to the writer of that song and him telling you it means what you are stating or having read in a book that the writer of that song has said it means what you state that would be different. In that case I would say, it isn't obvious and unless one has read or heard that from the writer of the song it is quite amazing how one should come up with this exact meaning.

Then, what do you want to say with it? That you believe in Satan and that he is putting out lies?

So why do you believe such thing? Because the bible says so? What's the proof? And well, the evil in this world is no explanation for the existence of Satan.

And you really take that song literally. I always thought AC/DC was kinda mocking on christians thinking rock music was from the devil...have I missed something?

Ironhorse, I really don't get you. What would a few good Dylan quotes contribute to this discussion? I mean, as you can see (I hope) others don't necessary interpret quotes the same way as you do...if you would start to use your own words as you have done in that recent post (even though you still need some practice at it), people would actually start to understand what you intend to discuss...There is no magic in words...another thing your book (the bible) has been wrong at.

And I don't really get what you want to tell me/us by that note about Malcom Young being in a hospital and not able to join his band on tour. I am no AC/DC fan, have never been, found their music more annoying then cool (and no that was not because I have been a christian...) and do not intend to go to spend way too much money to go to a concert of them. And I don't care if they play music on their death bed still. Just not my interest.

Sorry Ironhorse but I really can't read your thoughts. If you want to tell me something real, then just tell me. I am a real person and I appreciate being treated as one.

Thanks for your reply moanareina.

I guess we disagree.

And forgive me...let throw in the Dylan quotes :)

"Plays wasted words, proves to warn

That he not busy being born is busy dying"

Nobody is putting up a fight

"Heart of mine so malicious and so full of guile

Give you an inch and you’ll take a mile

Don’t let yourself fall

Don’t let yourself stumble

If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime

Heart of mine"

OK...

"OK...

Thanks for your reply moanareina.

I guess we disagree.

And forgive me...let throw in the Dylan quotes smile.png

"Plays wasted words, proves to warn

That he not busy being born is busy dying"

Nobody is putting up a fight

"Heart of mine so malicious and so full of guile

Give you an inch and you’ll take a mile

Don’t let yourself fall

Don’t let yourself stumble

If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime

Heart of mine"

"Illuminating, realization number one

You are the only light there is

For yourself, my friend

You are the only light there is

For yourself, my friend"

"There where never any good old days

They are today, they are tomorrow

It's a stupid thing we say

Cursing tomorrow with sorrow"

"It's the way you name your ship

That's the way it's going to row"

And...

"I ain't worried about a god damn thing

I hear them talking. I ain't listening

listening

I take chances that most won't take - Right

I get knowcked down I won't break

Get it clear and make no mistake

This town's filled with rattlesnakes"

WTF is the point of all the song lyrics?  There are a million songs with messages… a musician was expressing himself/herself.. poets do it, artists, that is human nature to express one's thoughts and questions or positions.

I could quote tons of songs with lyrics/poetry/dissertations…whatever, about the state of humanity, or religion, morality, evil, spirituality or such…literally TONS, because I like music and art. Again we come down to the question; what is true? THAT can only be subjective.. and with confirmation bias anyone can find material to support their anecdotal position. So f'ing what?

If you really want to hear lyrics that are nasty I have some death metal and black metal somewhere   mwahahahahaha…. and I can also rustle up some very enlightening stuff. It's JUST OPINION, or musing.. and in the case of music with a 'satanic' message.. rebellion and shock value. It mainly appeals to angsty teenagers… most people grow out of the shock rock. Sheesh, reminds me of the 70's and the big scare about how rock music was 'messages from da debil'  ooooooo   scary. They also said playing D&D was satanic..(*snort*) and made up all sorts of lies about satanic cults and child abduction/abuse.. that had NO basis in reality.

It's flippin' juvenile… it's very primitive thinking… giving agency to ideology and superstitions.

If anyone had the right idea it was Stevie Wonder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RRWI6O57IE

Or Frank Herbert:

LITANY AGAINST FEAR I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

People are good and bad, some more than others…it's a continuum... most 'evil' is fear out of control. Fear that there isn't enough: food, wealth, land, identity, life, mates, safety, etc… whatever. MOST people are just trying to live their lives the best they can and raise their families.. we make mistakes - most of us learn from them… some are damaged in such ways that they can not function in society… and we must remove them for the safety of society. Maybe we should spend more attention on how to support our fellow humans so they aren't so afraid and damaged.

• Like 2

I think the point (as much as one can say that there is one present) was that IH successfully derailed Prof's thread and managed to rope another board member into several days worth of pointless "argument" with him.

I don't want to claim the gift of prophecy, but I saw this happening last week and posted an FU warning addressed to IH.

This is typical of him and honestly, I wish the mods would do something about it. Temp ban, perma ban, restricting him to his own threads, whatever.

--------

Fear that there isn't enough: food, wealth, land, identity, life, mates, safety, etc… whatever. MOST people are just trying to live their lives the best they can and raise their families.. we make mistakes - most of us learn from them… some are damaged in such ways that they can not function in society… and we must remove them for the safety of society. Maybe we should spend more attention on how to support our fellow humans so they aren't so afraid and damaged.

ITA. Fear is the mind-killer, as you posted above. And that is why Christianity is so despicable. Fear God and love him! Fear the God that is called Jealous and love him! Bow in obedience to your LORD that you fear! Faith is all about fear (of God, God's wrath, Hell, sin, etc) and has little to do with love.

Take a look at Prof's latest post on Osteenisms and you'll see just how fearful the taking skull aka Joel Osteen really is. He does not love the poor; he fears being like them, losing it all. He does not speak out of love; he speaks because he gets paid lots of money to fill a stadium with screaming people 40+ Sundays a year.

Most pastors are this way at the end of the day. Some love people and God more than others and are more sincere, but ultimately, they will leave if they don't get some $$$. A lot of the guys in charge are only there because they are damaged and believe that God can do great things with them/through them. Or because their daddy and their daddy's daddy and so on built the church/business and now it's theirs.

All the wars in the world are caused by the following: God, lack of resources, control, psychotic episodes of megalomania, retaliation. The ultimate cause though? FEAR.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I think the point (as much as one can say that there is one present) was that IH successfully derailed Prof's thread and managed to rope another board member into several days worth of pointless "argument" with him.

I don't want to claim the gift of prophecy, but I saw this happening last week and posted an FU warning addressed to IH.

This is typical of him and honestly, I wish the mods would do something about it. Temp ban, perma ban, restricting him to his own threads, whatever.

--------

Fear that there isn't enough: food, wealth, land, identity, life, mates, safety, etc… whatever. MOST people are just trying to live their lives the best they can and raise their families.. we make mistakes - most of us learn from them… some are damaged in such ways that they can not function in society… and we must remove them for the safety of society. Maybe we should spend more attention on how to support our fellow humans so they aren't so afraid and damaged.

ITA. Fear is the mind-killer, as you posted above. And that is why Christianity is so despicable. Fear God and love him! Fear the God that is called Jealous and love him! Bow in obedience to your LORD that you fear! Faith is all about fear (of God, God's wrath, Hell, sin, etc) and has little to do with love.

Take a look at Prof's latest post on Osteenisms and you'll see just how fearful the taking skull aka Joel Osteen really is. He does not love the poor; he fears being like them, losing it all. He does not speak out of love; he speaks because he gets paid lots of money to fill a stadium with screaming people 40+ Sundays a year.

Most pastors are this way at the end of the day. Some love people and God more than others and are more sincere, but ultimately, they will leave if they don't get some $$$. A lot of the guys in charge are only there because they are damaged and believe that God can do great things with them/through them. Or because their daddy and their daddy's daddy and so on built the church/business and now it's theirs.

All the wars in the world are caused by the following: God, lack of resources, control, psychotic episodes of megalomania, retaliation. The ultimate cause though? FEAR.

“The only God-ordained fear is the fear of God, and if we fear Him, we don't have to fear anyone or anything else.”

~ Mark Batterson

I refuse to live in fear anymore

Had my fill of it, it's unhealthy.. it's not living at all.

• Like 1

--------

“The only God-ordained fear is the fear of God, and if we fear Him, we don't have to fear anyone or anything else.”

~ Mark Batterson

God ordained fear?...sheesh...am I glad not to believe that bullcrap anymore.

So what now? Do you love God or do you fear God?

How can you love what you fear?

Fear of God is a great motivator for all kinds of stupid. And it destroys relationships, from family to states.

~ Mark Batterson

It turns out there's nothing quite like compulsory love.

If you're so into quotations, how about we consider one that's actually relevant to the topic of this thread:

"Hell is an outrage on humanity. When you tell me that your deity made you in his image, I reply that he must have been very ugly."

~Victor Hugo~

• Like 3

~ Mark Batterson

It turns out there's nothing quite like compulsory love.

If you're so into quotations, how about we consider one that's actually relevant to the topic of this thread:

"Hell is an outrage on humanity. When you tell me that your deity made you in his image, I reply that he must have been very ugly."

~Victor Hugo~

I've read Hugo's rant on hell.

It was a doctrine C.S. Lewis wished he could remove from the scriptures.

He finally came to terms with it.

Hugo had some legitimate accusations against the Catholic church.

It's interesting what he wrote as his last words to the world.

from wikipedia:

Hugo left five sentences as his last will to be officially published :

« Je donne cinquante mille francs aux pauvres. Je veux être enterré dans leur corbillard.Je refuse l'oraison de toutes les Eglises. Je demande une prière à toutes les âmes.Je crois en Dieu.

»("I leave 50,000 francs to the poor. I want to be buried in their hearse.I refuse [funeral] orations of all churches. I beg a prayer to all souls.I believe in God.")

--------

~ Mark Batterson

Right, because if the universe is run by an extremely cruel, narcissistic, hypocritical, omniscient and omnipotent dictator, nothing can be as terrifying or more terrifying than that.

• Like 1

The evidence of Ironorse's (aka Tin Pony aka Pewter Jackass) childhood Christian indoctrination continues to accumulate.

Ironhorse, you need to go away. You are causing the name of Christ to be blasphemed by your vacuous and empty posts. You are a laughing stock here. You want a Christian take on you? That's it.

Worldly music has no more meaning in it's lyrics than The Satanic Bible has truth in it's passages. Neither are inspired by "God", and neither shall stand at the Great White Throne Judgement.  Someday you will hear Jesus say to you "Depart from Me, I never knew you". 

We don't know you either, Ironhorse. Do the works that Jesus did.  You want lyrics? "Prove to me that you're no fool; walk across my swimming pool".  

At the very least, please stop being an asshat. I don't know why the mods keep you around, unless maybe it's as an example of what an asshat is.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

~ Mark Batterson

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."  ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

• Like 1